Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does anyone know who the reporter is?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Does anyone know who the reporter is?

Oct 10, 2019, 8:04 AM

Saw somewhere it was tiger illustrated but Larry’s Twitter said it wasn’t him

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Personal space

Oct 10, 2019, 8:09 AM

You know I admire Dabo’s ability to stay who he is even though he is probably one of the most famous football personalities in the country and in the heart of football fandom land.

It really hit home when I read an article that he can’t go to the grocery store..

63-17

I never understood the fans in that regard but perhaps some

Oct 10, 2019, 9:40 AM

of that comes from a media background and access to athletes and coaches some don't have? They, the coaches and the players, are just as human as anyone else. If Dabo is out and about running the same errands many of us do people should leave the man alone or just speak and move on but don't take away from the small amount of personal time these guys have.

There are better times for that such as the camps or fan days. One of the best conversations I've had was with Coach Venables at a camp my son was enrolled in at Clemson. He just walked up to us and asked which ones were my sons and next thing I knew he took a knee and we had a great conversation there right outside an area where the kids were running drills.

We must've talked for at least a half hour and I mainly listened but there is no way I would bother a coach or player at a restaurant or bookstore etc. unless they approached me but that's just my opinion. Some say for the money they make they should be more than happy to put on a friendly face for a photo or to sign something, in terms of the coaches obviously, and as salaries have escalated there is a reasonable argument for that.

Matt Conley The State Paper***

Oct 10, 2019, 8:49 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Matt Conley The State Paper***

Oct 10, 2019, 8:57 AM

Is he the same idjit in the blue shirt from an interview session a couple of weeks ago that was fidgeting around and looking like he was wanting to be anywhere other than doing his job at the moment?

If so, He should be permanently bann hammered!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not defending the reporter but TL said in his interview

Oct 10, 2019, 9:00 AM

that he had an MRI on his shoulder.

I don't know but whoever it was is out of Dabo's good graces

Oct 10, 2019, 9:15 AM

at the moment. Better send him a smoked ham or a gift basket of some sort to apologize.

Why does the reporter need to apologize??***

Oct 10, 2019, 9:59 AM

What was the sequence of events here?

Oct 10, 2019, 9:27 AM

If I'm understanding this correctly, word got out about the MRI, the reporter texted Dabo for confirmation, Dabo got mad, then Trevor confirmed publicly that he did, in fact, have an MRI. Is that correct?

Perhaps it was bad form to ask Dabo that directly, but it depends what kind of relationship the reporter has with Dabo. I know some journalists are in pretty tight with certain coaches at the program they cover and can ask that kind of stuff. Of course the coach can choose to withhold that information too.

Anyway, this does also remind me of the DW4 situation where TCI (i think) reported that Watson had a torn ACL which was refuted publicly when the staff said it was a PCL injury and then a week later after the USC game it was announced that Watson did, in fact, have a torn ACL but it supposedly happened a few days later. That whole thing seemed a bit fishy to me. Everyone has plenty of legit reasons to dislike TCI, but i think they may have gotten a raw deal on that one.

Everyone knew TL bruised his shoulder against A&M. Then

Oct 10, 2019, 9:39 AM

I think LW asked him on Monday about the little thing he has been wearing on his shoulder during games. It hangs out of his shoulder pads. It's obvious.

So TL answers the question and mentions he had an MRI after a&m just to confirm everything was fine. It was. But he still wears that little deal...no idea what you call it.

Then Dabo gets a text about it Monday night from some other reporter. I think the guy from the State newspaper.

I think the rant from Dabo was more of a message to his team that he's got their backs while the dirty dirty media is trying to stir up stuff. Letting his team know that winning is enough and not to listen to all the noise.

Probably so. Most of what Dabo says publicly has a

Oct 10, 2019, 9:45 AM

pretty clear purpose behind it.

Re: Does anyone know who the reporter is?

Oct 10, 2019, 9:34 AM

In the video, Dabo calls her 'Grace'.

Dabo was not upset at Grace. It was someone else.

Oct 10, 2019, 9:40 AM

I think Connely state news

Right he was upset about the text he received not really

Oct 10, 2019, 9:43 AM

Grace's question but he did kind of seem to direct it her way at first. But Dabo is human and the question just struck a nerve at the time.

Dabo was not upset at Grace. It was someone else.

Oct 10, 2019, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Does anyone know who the reporter is? ]

I think Connely state news

Oct 10, 2019, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Does anyone know who the reporter is? ]

It was Grace Raynor. She said so on Twitter.

Frankly Dabo's rant, which I admittedly haven't (and don't care to) listen to, was uncalled for. It was a legitimate question for a beat writer to ask. In fact, it's their job to ask these sort of questions. Dabo doesn't have to answer it.

Oct 10, 2019, 11:48 AM

I've got a feeling it was a combination of how it was asked (Via text at night while he is at home, could've waited until today's press conference to ask) and Dabo doesn't like to give out injury info unless he feels it is appropriate (why give the game plan away if you don't have to)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2019, 12:41 PM

Can't see how a text can upset anyone. He doesn't have to respond.

Unless she was asking, "Did you play TL hurt."

Oct 10, 2019, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Does anyone know who the reporter is? ]

I've got a feeling it was a combination of how it was asked (Via text at night while he is at home, could've waited until today's press conference to ask) and Dabo doesn't like to give out injury info unless he feels it is appropriate (why give the game plan away if you don't have to)

I agree, I'll add the reporter was bothering a busy man at home for own self-serving interests. The reporter was trying to get a 'scoop' md a leg up on his competitors.

Dabo may also have been giving fair warning to all the reporters who have access to his private number, they better think twice about what, and when they ask.

Oct 10, 2019, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Does anyone know who the reporter is? ]

Grace is who asked him in the interview... She isn't the person he is referring to that called him though.

Some #######***

Oct 10, 2019, 11:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grace Raynor says on Twitter that she asked about the MRI***

Oct 10, 2019, 11:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Oct 10, 2019, 11:44 AM

One of my friends used to be in a business with Hale Irwin (the golfer) during his glory days. He relayed a story of he and Hale and their wives having dinner in a Colorado restaurant that they often frequented. On this occasion he had just won the US Open and his photo was on the front of Sports Illustrated. A man approached him with a Sports Illustrated in hand and asked if Hale would sign it. He graciously did and all of a sudden the guy produces about 10 more magazines. My friend said that Hale just went ballistic and let that guy have it. I sure don't blame him.

I played golf with Arnold Palmer in 2000 in Charleston right after his book "A Golfer's Life" had come out, so I took three books for me for him to sign, one for each of my two of my children and one for a friend. He didn't mind at all and we were together the entire day, so it wasn't a big deal. After we played golf and had lunch I drove him back to the airport to his plane. A nurse that gave me allergy shots wanted an autographed golf ball ...... which a lot of players do not like to sign. I put off asking him until we were almost to the airport and then apologized for asking him to sign it. He did not mind one bit.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic