Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does anyone know anything about CBB’s family? Dabo’s
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Does anyone know anything about CBB’s family? Dabo’s

Feb 12, 2021, 10:44 PM

Is in public so much but i have not seen anything abt Brad’s. Maybe he has 2 daughters at Clemson?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

That’s partly because the media covers every one of Dabo’s sneezes

Feb 12, 2021, 10:45 PM

but can barely show up for basketball press conferences.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: That’s partly because the media covers every one of Dabo’s sneezes

Feb 12, 2021, 10:51 PM

Who cares about bb?

This win seals another year for brownell and mediocre coaching!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you should post less***

Feb 15, 2021, 2:18 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2021, 11:30 AM [ in reply to That’s partly because the media covers every one of Dabo’s sneezes ]

Maybe it’s because CBB strives to be an uninspiring lump devoid of personality. Only things I’ve read about him say he is a gym and film rat. Not a lot there to work with.

You're obviously entitled to your opinion.

Feb 15, 2021, 11:34 AM

But his players, staff, and fellow Clemson coaches love him. That should tell you something.

He's not going to give you controversial statements though, so if you're wanting him to comment on political issues or give the opposition bulletin board material, that's not who he is. And I for one appreciate that. He's here to lead our basketball program, not opine about current events and concern himself with what others are doing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: You're obviously entitled to your opinion.

Feb 15, 2021, 1:24 PM

What I want is for him to light up a few of those “unbiased” longtime ACC refs when they richly deserve it. Draw a few Ts and develop a personal feud with a couple of those dinosaurs. Now all of a sudden you have created must see, in person reasons for Clemson fans to show up and create an atmosphere a team that is usually an underdog can use to its benefit. It’s supposed to be entertaining Judge, otherwise what’s the point. IPTAY will be glad to pay the conference fines - that would get them a few thousand more members so a win-win for everybody. The program needs passion.

If you're going to the game to watch the coaches

Feb 15, 2021, 1:32 PM

you aren't doing it right.

I find our games quite entertaining. We play aggressive defense, we push tempo when we can, and we have a lot of players who are good athletes and make exciting plays.

We also win. We are on a 3 game winning streak, have won 4 of our last 5, and are in everyone's bracket for the NCAA Tournament. And we have done this playing one of the nation's toughest schedules.

I want a coach who represents our school and program well, who improves young men on the court and in society. Brownell is obviously doing that. He stands up for our players when necessary, and questions calls when necessary. He doesn't need to pick up a few technical fouls just to get a reaction from simple-minded fans like you.

If it takes a loudmouth coach getting technical fouls and manufacturing feuds with other coaches to get our fans excited, perhaps the problem isn't the coach. Have you considered that?

Re: If you're going to the game to watch the coaches

Feb 15, 2021, 5:02 PM

Ouch!! Simple minded. That cuts deep. I loathe CBBs style of basketball and the current state of the college game. It’s horrendous and borders on unwatchable most games. I’m talking UVA and the pack line D and any other wretched displays of Neanderthal strategy. Check back with me next year when there are no fan restrictions, the Tigers are on the bubble again and Littlejohn is half empty. You have defended him throughout and that’s admirable but I don’t think fans have a problem with his record as much as his style of play. There’s no there there. Dude I’ve been watching ACC basketball since the early 70s and listening to Jim Phillips because we might get a Saturday afternoon TV game only when it was a doubleheader, otherwise radio was my only option. I know what good college basketball looks like and this period of NCAA ain’t it.

Feb 16, 2021, 3:25 PM [ in reply to If you're going to the game to watch the coaches ]

Our defense looks fine when we are "on it." Our offense is horendous and nervewracking to say the least - so disjointed! If you do not like how teams like Virginia play just look at how FSU destroyed them last night 81-60. They got exposed real bad! Now that is how you play these defensive-minded teams. Very simple, you gotta have both inside and outside games! And it healps to recruit a lot of big strong players!

Feb 16, 2021, 6:44 PM

When you said inside outside game and recruiting big strong inside players you struck a cord Even though I still support him his biggest weakness in coaching is no true identity on offense and the lack of an inside game drawing fouls etc We have a hard time recruiting the Dale Davis type due to this Big guys see what we see

Feb 15, 2021, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Re: You're obviously entitled to your opinion. ]

Begging for a coach to get T ‘s won’t get you any help. Ask tech coach how it helped last time we played them

Feb 16, 2021, 6:49 PM [ in reply to You're obviously entitled to your opinion. ]

I think I've seen that before. A ball and two hoops with nets, right?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2021, 2:20 PM [ in reply to That’s partly because the media covers every one of Dabo’s sneezes ]

but can barely show up for basketball press conferences.

Are you surprised? Winning breeds interest.

Not at Clemson it doesn't. Not with basketball.

Feb 15, 2021, 8:06 PM

And please spare us the story about that one time when students camped out for tickets and Coach Barnes brought pizzas.

Re: Not at Clemson it doesn't. Not with basketball.

Feb 15, 2021, 11:16 PM

How do you know that? We haven’t produced a winner to be measured by.

Winning 2 NC's in 5 years, conference 6 years in a row,

Feb 15, 2021, 2:26 PM [ in reply to That’s partly because the media covers every one of Dabo’s sneezes ]

and make the final 4 - 6 years in a row will do that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Nothing wrong with the media covering Dabo's every move

Feb 15, 2021, 4:02 PM

but that precedes the success we've had under Dabo.

I don't have a problem with the media coverage for football. I just wish there would be more for basketball.

Supply and demand.***

Feb 15, 2021, 4:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Even when success is there, demand isn't there

Feb 15, 2021, 8:07 PM

like it should be for basketball. Not at Clemson.

Re: Even when success is there, demand isn't there

Feb 15, 2021, 8:36 PM

https://vault.si.com/.amp/vault/1997/01/20/behold-those-tigers-surprising-clemson-has-gone-from-perennial-acc-doormat-to-the-no-3-team-in-the-nation

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Even when success is there, demand isn't there

Feb 16, 2021, 1:57 PM

Loved reading again the article on Rick Barnes. He left us like a drug dealer in the middle of the night skipping out of the Anderson airport.

His leaving hurt...

Feb 16, 2021, 2:03 PM

Both the way he did it and the way it killed our program's momentum, but it was pretty interesting to read about the buzz that surrounded Clemson basketball at that time. I remember those days well.

OP says hi***

Feb 15, 2021, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Even when success is there, demand isn't there ]

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

OP ran away due largely to a lack of support here,

Feb 16, 2021, 12:12 AM

you're actually making his case for him

The conversation has been around media coverage, not lack of

Feb 16, 2021, 12:21 PM

support...

Keep up, shack....

Far be it for me to miss an opportunity to point out

Feb 16, 2021, 1:11 PM

exactly how and why OP left, you're lucky I didn't reference his NCAA record...still at zero Wins right?

Ask OP's wife and/or girlfriend why he left***

Feb 16, 2021, 4:00 PM

Why don't I just ask Bigfoot? I've seen more proof he exists

Feb 16, 2021, 4:28 PM

than I've seen evidence of this alleged affair, that took place in tiny-ass Clemson and was kept completely under wraps until 5 minutes after OP fled in the night

THIS is probably the biggest crock you have ever posted and

Feb 16, 2021, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Even when success is there, demand isn't there ]

that is saying a LOT ! ! !

I have personally been a part of 3 basketball seasons that were THROUGH THE ROOF in support by everyone involved - fans, students, media - because we had a winning product on the floor (by Clemson historic standards) and a coach with at least a LITTLE charisma.

Chris Michael hitting a shot from the wing to beat the tarholes and LJ EXPLODED . . . .

When we have been an energetic, winning (by Clemson historic standards) team on the court, led by coaches with some personality & charisma, Clemson has had tons of support.

Littlejohn was WIDELY regarded as one of the hardest places to play in the ACC, if not the country.

It has been SO LONG since we have had that, I kinda understand you not having the ability to remember it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

That’s because basketball is boring.***

Feb 15, 2021, 7:57 PM [ in reply to That’s partly because the media covers every one of Dabo’s sneezes ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Football board is that way -->***

Feb 15, 2021, 8:08 PM

Keep your #### off of it.***

Feb 16, 2021, 8:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Does anyone know anything about CBB’s family? Dabo’s

Feb 12, 2021, 10:51 PM

I've seen them shown a few times at games. May have seen his mom and dad there tonight. Not sure

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 15, 2021, 9:54 AM

I think the older daughter is a recent grad. His wife helped with Dabo's Ladies Clinic the year I went. She seemed very nice.

little bit

Feb 15, 2021, 10:30 AM

there was a bit (twitter post?) about him giving one of his girls a golf cart ride to class on the first day.. but i can't find it

last year in the aftermath of Kobe's death:

https://clemsonsportstalk.com/s/4939/brad-brownell-on-being-a-girldad-theyre-special

Re: little bit

Feb 15, 2021, 11:50 AM

He's clearly not the coach for Clemson. Look at the PAW pin in that photo. It's turned all the way to 3 o'clock.

Re: little bit

Feb 15, 2021, 2:14 PM [ in reply to little bit ]

Thanks for the link to their pictures.

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Feb 15, 2021, 2:22 PM

Maybe he doesn’t want them to have to deal with our basketball “fans”...

His family is really none of our business.

Feb 15, 2021, 8:15 PM

Ask Judge apparently he/she is related to CBB at least that is the only way someone can defend someone else so adamantly.

I'm flattered you used your one post for the month on me.***

Feb 15, 2021, 8:27 PM

Re: I'm flattered you used your one post for the month on me.***

Feb 18, 2021, 1:59 PM

Judge if you were talking to me I have posted more then once this month and the reason I do not post more is I have a life outside these site. You apparently do not.

His wife has a weird first name: JUDGE

Feb 16, 2021, 4:03 PM

Her blind faith that is obscured by the reality that our players are getting very little coaching

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic