Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does anyone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,254

Does anyone

Jan 4, 2020, 9:06 AM

on Tigernet believe in luck to win a FB game? Lou Holtz does.
he told Fox and Friends this morning that Clemson was lucky
to win the UNC game and that he was lucky to win the Natty
at ND. Were we lucky in the UNC game? I say no..they went
for 2 and missed. A tie, we would have won in my opinion.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does anyone

Jan 4, 2020, 9:08 AM

You could understand what snagglepuss was saying?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2020, 9:12 AM

The guy is a goofball and not relevant in college football anymore. I never listened to his anti Clemson take just because he was consistent in that way. Just a complete bozo who should be ignored

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The more you work and prepare, the luckier you are...

Jan 4, 2020, 9:15 AM

It sometimes depend on the bounces of that funny shaped ball....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has a point...

Jan 4, 2020, 9:27 AM

He’s lucky it wasn’t 70-17

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No team wins a championship without at least a little

Jan 4, 2020, 9:35 AM

good luck because lots of teams lose them because of bad luck (such as a freak injury.)

Re: No team wins a championship without at least a little

Jan 4, 2020, 9:40 AM

Yep. If Mike Williams doesn't break his neck in the first game of the season, Clemson wins that first CFP title game against Bama. Of course, likewise, if Clemson wins that first one, Mike W might not have returned for the next season.

yes...

Jan 4, 2020, 9:37 AM

I believe in luck. But you have to be in a position to have that luck fall your way. A bounce here and a call there can go a long way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2020, 9:40 AM

If the Immaculate Reception wasn't luck, I don't know what is.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2020, 9:41 AM

What is the force behind the term luck. Some indefinable power that can over come talent, preparation and coaching. So for all of you who sit a certain way, wear certain clothes, don't shave or cut your hair or eat a certain meal pre-game just relax it has nothing to do with you and everything to do with our team.

Depends on how you define “luck”

Jan 4, 2020, 9:43 AM

My high school coach, back in the day, defined luck as “when preparation meets opportunity.” He would then say, “you make your own opportunities.”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2020, 9:58 AM

I think that luck can play a part in whether, or not you win or lose a particular game.
I am not a fan of the New England Patriots, but I believe luck played a part in a couple of their SuperBowl wins. Of course, you could argue that part of that "luck" was poor play calling , such as Seattle throwing into double coverage on the goal line instead of running Lynch up the middle, or when John Casey of the Panthers kicked the ball out of bounds giving the Pats the ball on the 40-yard line with 2 minutes to go.
Another example could be the "IMMACULATE RECEPTION" by the Steelers in their game against Oakland back in the '70s.
Closer to home, you could make the point that we got lucky against Bama in the 2016 game because they gave Deshaun "too much time".The year before it was just the opposite. We ran out of time.
Of course, none of that matters if you don't have the team to match your opponent, or if you don't prepare a decent game plan.
That is what I like about our coaching staff. They know how to game plan. But even then the ball can take a silly bounce.IMO, if you lose big that's not luck by the other team. But if they keep it close, they can win, or lose by a "lucky", or "unlucky" bounce of the ball.
Remember "WIDE RIGHT"!

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,254
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic