Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does Saturday's game with miami feel...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Does Saturday's game with miami feel...

Oct 6, 2020, 7:41 AM

Like a poor man's replay of the 2016 game against Louisville and Lamar? Or like 2015 Notee dame?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does Saturday's game with miami feel...

Oct 6, 2020, 7:47 AM

Neither, it's a game between Miami and Clemson with one team getting it's first loss.

Oct 6, 2020, 7:51 AM

Not saying King is the equivalent of LJ, but I feel like it may be back and forth like some of those games with UL a few years back.

Oct 6, 2020, 7:56 AM

Maybe a little like the Notre Dame game in a hurricane.

Oct 6, 2020, 8:01 AM

what I saw this morning seemed to indicate the hurricane wouldnt get there until after the game but who knows at this point

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2020, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Does Saturday's game with miami feel... ]

I'd take the Notre Dame rain in a heartbeat over the sideways Georgia Tech rain that followed.

Oct 6, 2020, 9:08 AM

I would be really happy with either outcome. I'm worried about their qb burning us a bunch on runs. Hopefully we have an answer. I have confidence that coach V will have one but that UVa qb certainly exposed a weakness.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Question for the Subject matter experts

Oct 6, 2020, 12:52 PM

With #11 in the NFL, who on Clemson D has the skill sets to shadow King in this ball game? How do you see BV handling this matchup? (I suspect different than UVA.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question for the Subject matter experts

Oct 6, 2020, 8:13 PM

Mike Jones has the speed to do it. He sometimes though does not take the right angle in the open field it seems like to me. I may need to watch more film(admittedly). But from an athletic stand point he could do it. Miami OL is not as experienced or as big and ferocious as UVA's and not as deep. Come at them in waves and make those big guys work early and often and our depth will show itself.
Do a "mush rush" on king but do get your hands up when he passes or is about to pass. He is 5'11 and though accurate is not Drew Brees. We may be able to affect some of his passes that way!

If Jones doesn't have the foot speed you take a reserve safety and have him play the position. The caveat being that reserve safety would need enough foot speed to be able to angle king back to where their help is. Keeping good leverage and good eye discipline will be key too - they do a bunch of play action stuff. Teams over-react being scared of King and a couple of really good RB's.

Miami's playbook isn't sophisticated. There are articles you can pull up about how they simplified things so the OL can play faster! BV and a simple scheme and a week of practice makes a bad recipe for opposing offenses! Plus, we get Tyler Davis back Saturday! He would have made a difference vs. UVA and will make a difference against Miami if he is fully healthy or at least 90%.
**Note I like Williams and Pinckney very much - but they are good ground holders! Tyler Davis, Dexter Lawrence, Christian Wilkins types(Grady Jarrett ) are game wrecker types! Attacking types! I think Bresee and Murphy will be too - but this will only be game 4 in college. Once the figure it out - you can tell it already - they will be game plan wreckers! And that's what you need in the trenches!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Certainly feels like the same Magictude. Although, hope the

Oct 6, 2020, 12:47 PM

game is not as close as it was that time with Lemeur and Louisville.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feels more like the ACCCG against them, BEFORE they laid

Oct 6, 2020, 7:45 PM

an egg the prior week.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2020, 8:04 PM

King is very athletic and quick. He can take it to the house if defenders aren't disciplined, but he isn't nearly the runner Lamar Jackson was. However, King is a better passer than LJ in college. They are actually very different players. Overall, I give a big advantage to LJ.

This Miami squad doesn't measure up to UL's team of 2016. I'll be pretty disappointed if this goes down to the last possession. After the UVA game, I expect our defense (especially the D-line) will be locked in and disruptive. We will give up yards and points but should get TOs and win decisively.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic