Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does Brent Venables try to blitz LSU a lot? Or just try to cover LSU wide outs?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Does Brent Venables try to blitz LSU a lot? Or just try to cover LSU wide outs?

Dec 29, 2019, 10:37 AM

So many questions on how to defend LSU Offense if we blitz and can’t get to and disrupt burrow then he pick us apart. But if we play coverage we can’t let there wideouts get separation. I guarantee LSU didn’t want to see Clemson. If we can match LSU point by point. I think Venables can get one more stop then LSU can.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sigh ....***

Dec 29, 2019, 10:39 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does Brent Venables try to blitz LSU a lot? Or just try to cover LSU wide outs?

Dec 29, 2019, 10:47 AM

Most LSU games I've watched has teams not rushing Burrow and it ain't working so well.

Re: Does Brent Venables try to blitz LSU a lot? Or just try to cover LSU wide outs?

Dec 29, 2019, 10:59 AM

He’s pretty accurate against the blitz. It’s a “pick your poison” scenario.

You Saw What This D Did To Bucknutz

Dec 29, 2019, 11:13 AM

Burrow won't put up numbers like he did against your last Bye week. Great QB but Clemson can outscore ya.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2019, 10:50 AM

You will see Blitz, Blitz, Blitz, Blitz, and more Blitz.

Dec 29, 2019, 10:56 AM

There will be blitzing coming, nothing will change, CBV will bring the noise you can bet that.

Yes. There will be many in-game adjustments***

Dec 29, 2019, 10:59 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In BV I do trust******

Dec 29, 2019, 11:02 AM

Dec 29, 2019, 11:06 AM

When have you seen BV not blitz? That is who he is a DC. I think we will blitz often and Burrow will win some of those battles, hitting open receivers for easy first down and scores. However BV, will also fake/disguise some blitzs by dropping would be blitzers into coverage getting some picks. I think in the end we get enough stops to out score them as their defense is soft.

Blitz until there is no more blitz left...

Dec 29, 2019, 11:09 AM

Because Coach Venables knows that if you give Burrow enough time in the pocket he is going to pass your eyeballs out. The only chance you have to stop Burrow/LSU is to count on your pass coverage lasting long enough till a pass rusher can get to Burrow and hopefully take him down...

I think our philosophy will be: "If Burrow is going to beat us passing, he will have to do it with someone breathing down his neck".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2019, 11:14 AM

Combination

Dec 29, 2019, 11:22 AM

Bend don’t break in the middle of the field, take calculated risks and mix up blitz/coverage looks all night. Two picks. Hold them to tua few fg in the redzone.

If we do that and offense brings A- game we should outscore them.

Dec 29, 2019, 11:26 AM

Agree 100%. This was the MO last night. It felt like we were just giving them the middle of the field - from their 25 to our 35 or so. But, during all those blitzes the QB feels the pressure and it affects their timing and their ability to see the entire field. And we have a QB that has thrown only 1 INT the entire season throw 2 in one game. Brilliant! I hope it works again.

OU made LSU look better than they are.

Dec 29, 2019, 11:17 AM

They are great, no doubt, but we can stop their passing attack.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2019, 11:40 AM

I gotta tell you the truth, i am too wrung out to even think about that right now.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic