Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
And just like that, Hopkins and Watson have been more
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

And just like that, Hopkins and Watson have been more

Jun 12, 2020, 11:56 AM

effective in creating significant change (whether you like it or not) in one week and by making one heartfelt, measurable and well written social media post than Colin Kaepernick has done in 2 years by kneeling. Just goes to show, drawing attention to yourself is not nearly as effective as drawing specific attention to a problem and proposing a specific resolution.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also goes to show you that if you work hard, succeed a little, are gracious, then

Jun 12, 2020, 12:04 PM

Even as quiet and understated Watson is at times, when he says something it carries weight. At least I know it does with me. He’s earned his platform. Hoping he continues to use it for good.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder who the balless wonder is who is tding me. Won’t lose

Jun 12, 2020, 12:19 PM

Any sleep over it but let me tell you the difference between you and I. I more often reply that I disagree with someone and have the balls to have that discussion, usually not even tding the post. It appears you are a little ########### that belongs over on FGF who tds and runs hiding behind your firewall and chosen weapon the keyboard. Grab a pair and disagree with me . . .

Re: Wonder who the balless wonder is who is tding me. Won’t lose

Jun 12, 2020, 1:49 PM

I got TD's too. But who cares.

Tried to help you with some TU...

Jun 12, 2020, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Wonder who the balless wonder is who is tding me. Won’t lose ]

Hope it helps....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The bandits are out in force today***

Jun 12, 2020, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Wonder who the balless wonder is who is tding me. Won’t lose ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Also goes to show you that if you work hard, succeed a little, are gracious, then

Jun 12, 2020, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Also goes to show you that if you work hard, succeed a little, are gracious, then ]

Like when he just said "he never looked at Calhoun's statue on campus..." But neither did anyone else since Calhoun doesn't have a statue on campus.

Haha!

I guess since you didn’t finish your degree in 3 years at Clemson and lead the team

Jun 12, 2020, 12:48 PM

To winning a N.C., you feel the need to tear him down to feel better about yourself?

Re: I guess this is about getting a few more 5 stars eh?***

Jun 12, 2020, 2:37 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You need to pull your pants up.

Jun 12, 2020, 2:47 PM

You're showing your ###.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

says biggest troll on board***

Jun 12, 2020, 7:37 PM

They could be even more effective and donate

Jun 12, 2020, 12:06 PM

We’d even change the names of Calhoun and Tillman to Watson and Hopkins Halls!

That’s how it works...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They could be even more effective and donate

Jun 12, 2020, 12:10 PM

Something tells me that donations have already been discussed .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

^^^This is not wrong.

Jun 12, 2020, 12:12 PM [ in reply to They could be even more effective and donate ]

And I would be surprised if DW doesnt at some point donate—if he hasn’t already.

Re: And just like that, Hopkins and Watson have been more***

Jun 12, 2020, 12:23 PM

Jun 12, 2020, 12:24 PM

Don't blame Kap, we should have listen to him four years ago but sadly people were not ready.

Jun 12, 2020, 1:48 PM

I'm not blaming Kap, but the whole kneeling thing was never effective. When you have to go to great lengths to explain why you're doing what you're doing, perhaps you need to look at doing something else. All it did was bring attention to themselves and to the flag. It did nothing to solve or address the problems they wanted to address. In fact, it was a huge distraction from the problems they wanted to solve. If they had been more targeted in what they were doing, and more deliberate, and used the vast resources of their platforms - fame, name recognition, money, influence, etc - then change may have been made. But they insisted on making their protest in an extremely indirect way that ultimately did nothing productive. And looks like we'll be seeing more of it again this year in the NFL, MLS, FIFA, etc.

Even if I disagree with the intentions, I respect that some of these guys, like Nuke and DW, are using their platforms to try to make positive change. But the kneeling does nothing except confuse, anger and divide. DO SOMETHING specific. THAT is effective and respectable.

They couldn't have done it without Colin. He was the first

Jun 12, 2020, 12:29 PM

and he sacrificed and suffered greatly for his efforts.

I would imagine, if Nuk and Deshaun haven't made that point already, they will eventually.

All Americans owe Colin Kapernick a debt of gratitude for the courage to take an honest stand.

That is why courage is THE most important character trait.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They couldn't have done it without Colin. He was the first

Jun 12, 2020, 12:36 PM

########

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2020, 12:45 PM

I would suggest you take your hood off when you type.

It's gotta be hard to see out of those holes.

LOL this is a joke, right?***

Jun 12, 2020, 12:50 PM [ in reply to They couldn't have done it without Colin. He was the first ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Stark Raving right here folks - step right up.

Jun 12, 2020, 1:16 PM [ in reply to They couldn't have done it without Colin. He was the first ]

Good grief.

Best troll post ever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Yea Kraperdik has done wonders for the sports world***

Jun 12, 2020, 2:10 PM [ in reply to They couldn't have done it without Colin. He was the first ]

GMAB***

Jun 12, 2020, 3:34 PM [ in reply to They couldn't have done it without Colin. He was the first ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2020, 10:03 PM [ in reply to They couldn't have done it without Colin. He was the first ]

Isnt KAp a commie just saying
'

George Floyd's senseless death had more to do with it

Jun 12, 2020, 12:49 PM

but yes, I agree they handled it much better than Kaepernick.

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

...and proved Colin Kapernick was absolutely correct.

Jun 12, 2020, 1:02 PM

Thanks, Colin. Many white Americans were wrong to attack you for doing the right thing.

do you even do logic?***

Jun 12, 2020, 3:13 PM

Re: ...and proved Colin Kapernick was absolutely correct.

Jun 12, 2020, 3:36 PM [ in reply to ...and proved Colin Kapernick was absolutely correct. ]

Ten bucks says

Jun 12, 2020, 1:12 PM

He still doesn’t mention Clemson university during his intro........but regardless, good decision from the BOT

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And just like that, Hopkins and Watson have been more

Jun 12, 2020, 1:14 PM

A year ago Hopkins said he didn't claim Clemson during introductions at games because he didn't get the recognition while at Clemson that went to Sammy. Now it's because of Calhoun who is considered one of the three greatest senators with Clay and Webster.

Jun 12, 2020, 3:02 PM

I believe that others stated that as a possibility but I've never seen a link to Nuk saying that. Are you sure? I always thought he did it as a way to honor his high school for his support growing up. Maybe someone can find an old link.

They learned from a very good man

Jun 12, 2020, 1:52 PM

Dabo Swinney

You can change a lot if you capture people’s hearts

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kapernick is such a poser anyway....Dude grew up with total

Jun 12, 2020, 1:52 PM

"white privilege" whatever the heck that is and then wants to play all the racial cards he can. I could see thru all of that but his clownfro has to be offensive to even afro-enthusiasts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2020, 2:53 PM

I believe you are right.

What Watson and Nuk did was great, and I'm glad

Jun 12, 2020, 3:37 PM

they did it.

But if you think the battle they won and the battle that Kaepernick has been fighting are in anyway equivalent, you're lost.

Who is Kaep going to petition to end police brutality towards blacks? Can Clements fix that for him?

Watson and and Nuk put pressure on Clemson, and a wrong that was easy to fix and could've/should've been fixed long ago has now been made right. Good for them.

Kaep was trying to start a national conversation that he hoped would lead to changes in how this country's polices and simply treats black people...a 400-year-old problem that's rooted in white supremacy.

Somehow I don't think a petition directed at a college is going to get that done.

This fight is bigger than changing names, and the protests can't always be, "Hey, sign this."

But I think you know this. I think you like folks doing things the way YOU think they should be done. And for a long time, that was the way the country rolled. But it looks some people who may not see things your way are at the wheel now. My best advice is to get on board or get out of the way...or get run over.

Do you really think changing a couple of names

Jun 12, 2020, 3:40 PM

is more "significant" than ending racist police brutality?

You may need to look up the definition of the word "significant."

Be certain to tweet that thought

Jun 12, 2020, 10:18 PM

to Deshaun and Nuk. If they pay attention and respond, it could get quite funny.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic