Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you consider a hamburger a sandwich?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 367

Do you consider a hamburger a sandwich?

Oct 24, 2020, 10:08 PM

Burger King calls the WHopper the WHopper Sandwich.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

by definition, yes***

Oct 24, 2020, 10:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pretty sure owensb1 just challenged you to a duel.***

Oct 25, 2020, 2:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not by the definition

Oxford defines a sandwich as "An item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with a filling between them, eaten as a light meal"

A whopper is not considered a light meal

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, dang

Oct 24, 2020, 10:28 PM

perhaps I should have looked it up

I was just think two pieces of bread with stuff in between

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the light meal part is subjective, though.

Oct 24, 2020, 10:33 PM

To some a Whopper is a snack

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a whopper is a light meal a double whopper is normal

Oct 25, 2020, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Not by the definition ]

a triple whopper is a big meal

This thread again.....

It’s typically saved for a Tuesday in February.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This thread again.....

Oct 24, 2020, 10:42 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This thread again.....

Oct 24, 2020, 10:44 PM [ in reply to This thread again..... ]

It's an important topic. I am surprised it isn't talked about daily.

Re: Do you consider a hamburger a sandwich?

Oct 24, 2020, 10:43 PM

Forgot to add, that in a couple of their commercials they have their fake customer calling it a Whopper sandwich. Makes them look even faker.

That’s because it’s a Whopper Sandwich

Oct 24, 2020, 11:16 PM

Not a burger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Re: That’s because it’s a Whopper Sandwich

Oct 24, 2020, 11:25 PM

A bun with poppy seeds = Mot a sandwich.

A whopper is just a cheeseburger with extra stuff on it.

Apparently a Big Mac is a sandwich too

Oct 24, 2020, 11:43 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/241762/8E426538-BE0C-48E8-8F00-B9446F2B37B6.jpeg

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

What about a hot dog?***

Oct 25, 2020, 6:44 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What about a hot dog?***

Oct 25, 2020, 7:06 AM

Not a sandwich. Quesadilla isn't one either.

Why not?

Oct 25, 2020, 7:20 AM

Turn it sideways

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why not?

Oct 25, 2020, 7:26 AM

A hot dog split down the middle longways and then put on regular white bread is transformed into a sandwich.

Only if you call it a

Oct 25, 2020, 7:31 AM [ in reply to What about a hot dog?*** ]

wiener sandwich

Isaac Asimov

Hey Beefsteak........ if you were a hot dog, and you were

Oct 25, 2020, 2:21 PM [ in reply to What about a hot dog?*** ]

starving, would you eat yourself?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this a sandwich?

Oct 25, 2020, 7:33 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Good-morning-all-yall-Tigers-27998969#27998969

Isaac Asimov

Oct 25, 2020, 7:43 AM

NO!

Oct 25, 2020, 7:45 AM

Case closed. Thank you! I am done with this topic now.

I’ve another burger question

Oct 25, 2020, 9:35 AM

Why does every restaurant that isn’t fast food only offer a 1/2 lb burger with so many topics that it’s almost impossible to eat

Give me a quarter lb with toppings that’s easier to eat

Related question - Where is the ham?***

Oct 25, 2020, 9:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Related question - Where is the ham?***

Oct 25, 2020, 10:13 AM

It got it's name from cut of beef called the Hamburg steak from Hamburg, Germany. It eventually was just called the hamburger. Looked it up.

I did too. Never knew so much meat stuff came from Germany

Oct 25, 2020, 11:08 AM

Franks, wieners.....

TXTF be like....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Germans have some good food and beer!***

Oct 25, 2020, 11:11 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely. Second only to probably the Greeks.

Oct 25, 2020, 1:36 PM

Semi-ordered ranking

Greek
German
Italian
Caribbean
Mexican (real not tex-mex)
Russian
French

Australian/American/British foods are really too similar, they're tied for last.

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

No Chinese or Japanese?

Oct 25, 2020, 1:38 PM

I have only eaten a little quality Greek food, so I would put Italian ahead of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Almost all of it is not really authentic if eaten in the US

Oct 25, 2020, 2:53 PM

Mexican food isn't Mexican. Italian isn't Italian. Greek isn't Greek. I can only compare with trips abroad, so no Japanese or Chinese food. But if Japanese and Chinese food in the US is like most countries, what I call Japanese or Chinese food is not what I'd eat there.

One of the best things I learned eating and drinking abroad would have to be mint tea. In Morocco they drink hot tea, much like the British. But they toss in a fistful of mint and serve a hot mint tea. Well, I took that same idea, applied it to southern sweet tea, and it's awesome. Boil your water in a standard tea pot with a large fistful of fresh mint from the yard. Add two large tea bags, let sit and cool enough to touch the tea pot (but still very warm/slightly hot). Squeeze and Strain off the mint and pour the tea into a gallon pitcher with 1.5-2 cups of sugar (while still hot) and stir. Add water/ice to fill and stir some more till ice melts and it's cool and put in the fridge.

Another tip - You can add a shot or two of bourbon to a nice tall glass of this and it's incredible.

Re: Absolutely. Second only to probably the Greeks.

Oct 25, 2020, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Absolutely. Second only to probably the Greeks. ]

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. Greek as the superior food culture? I don't know that it would make my top 20.

1. France
2. Thailand
3. Italy
4. Japan
5. China
6. Vietnam
7. Mexico
8. India
9. Spain
10. Peru

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't have your list, but yeah I'd put it

Oct 25, 2020, 3:00 PM

above Spain, France, Mexico, and Italy. And German is up there too.....

Bingo! *****

Oct 25, 2020, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Related question - Where is the ham?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and why doesn't McD's put tomatoes on a Big Mac?

Oct 25, 2020, 3:29 PM

that's always bothered me....that on the franchise's signature menu item, they flat ignore one of the staple ingredients of a proper hamburger.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because tomatoes do not belong on a hamburger

Oct 25, 2020, 3:36 PM

per Papa G when he was a kid.

Still not a huge fan unless they are garden fresh, tomatoes with no flavor are just mushy.

Kinda in the same boat

Oct 25, 2020, 5:44 PM

Not a huge fan of how the tomato tends to make the bun mushy towards the end. not totally opposed, though.

If I have to eat it with a tomato, I will heavily salt and pepper the tomato and let it sit for a few mins before putting it on the burger. Draws moisture out and adds some flavor so it's not totally useless.

Replies: 36
| visibility 367
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic