Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you agree with this? ..............
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Do you agree with this? ..............

Feb 4, 2021, 9:56 AM

I do. Nothing against colesaw. I don't want it on my sammich.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Naw. In NC we were raised on BBQ being pulled pork on

Feb 4, 2021, 9:59 AM

a white bun with slaw. Slaw was that finely chopped, mayo version.

Best source for BBQ was the VFD or Baptist church fundraisers.

Lewis is wrong.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I won't put it *on* bbq,

Feb 4, 2021, 10:21 AM

but I'll have it *with* bbq, every time.

That said, I'm happy to put it on a regular hot dog, because they're honestly a little gross to begin with.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In NC, y'all also chop the livin' hell out of the

Feb 4, 2021, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Naw. In NC we were raised on BBQ being pulled pork on ]

bbq "Cause that's how Grandpappy did it." Well Grandpappy would not have done that if he had teeth, so stop it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In NC, y'all also chop the livin' hell out of the

Feb 4, 2021, 10:45 AM

You know, I never thought about that chopped Q but you are

Feb 4, 2021, 10:49 AM [ in reply to In NC, y'all also chop the livin' hell out of the ]

correct, it was pretty finely chopped up. And Granpappy did NOT have teeth, at least not many.

And actually, on further reflection it was not a white bun, but rather 2 slices of wonder bread.

Nowadays I don't cotton to the finely chopped slaw or meat, or the wonder bread, but I do still throw some slaw on there whenever its available.

Chopped >>> pulled***

Feb 4, 2021, 11:56 AM [ in reply to In NC, y'all also chop the livin' hell out of the ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Hell naw.

Feb 4, 2021, 12:03 PM

Just ain't no need in all that. I could easily spot the NC folks back in my judging days.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Argue sauce all day long, but saying chopped >>> pulled

Feb 4, 2021, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Chopped >>> pulled*** ]

just makes you look dumb.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chopped >>> pulled***

Feb 4, 2021, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Chopped >>> pulled*** ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First I ever had was chopped - Little Pigs in Anderson

Feb 4, 2021, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Chopped >>> pulled*** ]

so it has a special place in my heart, but pulled is the way I prefer it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I respect your opinion but

Feb 4, 2021, 10:43 AM [ in reply to Naw. In NC we were raised on BBQ being pulled pork on ]

I don't respect your opinion.

You are wrong and should feel shame.

Re: I respect your opinion but

Feb 4, 2021, 10:52 AM

Lewis ain't never been wrong except about Clemson***

Feb 4, 2021, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Naw. In NC we were raised on BBQ being pulled pork on ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. I hate it, myself. But no.

Feb 4, 2021, 10:39 AM

Was with a guy who was whining about some similar thing. People were stupid, he couldn't understand it, yada yada. After a bit too much of it, your hero and mine, Dan Foster, said, "Do you know that millions of people like those things?" Was the end of that. That incident comes to mind in moments like this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pulled pork lives my slaw.

Feb 4, 2021, 10:42 AM

They just don’t know how to make slaw. Probably think KFC has the best. They don’t know.

Re: Do you agree with this? ..............

Feb 4, 2021, 10:59 AM

Disagree. I love slaw with my BBQ.

No

Feb 4, 2021, 11:55 AM

Slaw belongs on sandwiches.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Slaw is trash***

Feb 4, 2021, 1:01 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

APM seldom disagrees with the late prophet, but APM will on

Feb 4, 2021, 1:11 PM

occasion eat bbq with slaw on it and always had slaw as an available side at Crosby's BBQ and Carolina BBQ in New Ellenton, which in APM's opinion is the True Barbeque.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On da side yes. On the sammich no. ******

Feb 4, 2021, 1:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

on REAL Q, agreed. But APM has high standards for 'que.

Feb 4, 2021, 1:22 PM

And some of it is improved with the right slaw on top in a sammich. Which of course means it was not very good 'que to begin with, but that's a lot of what's out there.

To APM's CSRA-reared mind, True Barbeque involves the whole hog pulled pork and hash and rice and hush puppies. THAT is barbeque. Very regional and very biased, yes. But other "bbq" to APM is just meat with some smoke flavor and sauce.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coleslaw or any cabbage is the suxor.***

Feb 4, 2021, 1:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like some slaw on my sandwich at times

Feb 4, 2021, 1:51 PM

but a ChickFilA with slaw is the t i t s.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting, but they don't have slaw on the menu now. ******

Feb 4, 2021, 2:11 PM

Nope

Feb 4, 2021, 2:21 PM

used to give you the slaw with a sandwich and fries.

That slaw was perfect on the sandwich.

Lewis speaks the truth, and I am willing to say that

Feb 4, 2021, 2:16 PM

he would think that anyone who disagrees is a doodoo head who doesn't love the Lord.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you agree with this? ..............

Feb 4, 2021, 2:19 PM

Slaw on or beside cue are both perfectly acceptable options. Anyone who disagrees or doesn't view slaw as an acceptable barbecue side probably also prefers thick tomato sauce or calls grilling "barbecuing."

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic