Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do we move away from RPO?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Do we move away from RPO?

Sep 27, 2018, 8:13 AM

With the lack of depth at QB do the coaches move away from so many RPO’s? Think we need to limit risks to TL and move to more play action passes. With KB leaving the RB’s will get more carries and yards since defenses will have to honor TL’s passing ability. This offense is going to be fun to watch the next 3 years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes.***

Sep 27, 2018, 8:14 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No***

Sep 27, 2018, 8:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

With our depth chart

Sep 27, 2018, 9:43 AM

If we never ran TL again it would be too soon. Wide open scrambles are a different story, but the boy needs to learn to slide regardless.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe.***

Sep 27, 2018, 8:19 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Do we move away from RPO?

Sep 27, 2018, 8:21 AM

You would think so but for some reason our coaches seem to feel they must have so many of these type plays to keep the honest. I do think we see less of them with TL

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 8:30 AM

No. They may move away from the zone read to limit TL runs but the two main opponents of the RPOs are running back runs and the pulling out to pass vertically. TL has been very good at RPO. He has not excelled in the zone read so far. Two totally different calls.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"opponents"?

Sep 27, 2018, 8:35 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I don't want to put words (or anything else) into

Sep 27, 2018, 8:39 AM

Mackey's mouth, but I think there's a chance he meant to say components. Or maybe proponents. Or maybe he really meant opponents.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Sep 27, 2018, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Do we move away from RPO? ]

agreed, but i'm not sure that everyone understands the difference in a RPO vs. a zone read. I think many believe they are one in the same.

components--sorry for the typo***

Sep 27, 2018, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Do we move away from RPO? ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2018, 8:35 AM

Nice question Tigerfan.
Something to consider.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RPO doesn't mean QB run - it is a handoff or pass option***

Sep 27, 2018, 9:10 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

In the true sense of an RPO...

Sep 27, 2018, 9:52 AM

as offensive linemen block for a running play, the quarterback reads the reaction of a specified defender, usually a linebacker, and then decides whether he will hand off or throw a quick pass.

The QB keeping the ball is more of a proto-RPO.

You'll see a ton of RPO this weekend. That's all Babers runs at Cuse. He learned it at Baylor working for Art Briles

Chad Morris made a name for himself running it at the high school level in Texas and later at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I think you’re talking more about the read option

Sep 27, 2018, 9:46 AM

Which we haven’t run a lot of when TL has been on the field

Yes and No.

Sep 27, 2018, 9:57 AM

Less QB run with TL.
More QB run with CW.

I can dream right?
Special package with Christian Wilkins running the read option, or the sneak at the goal line.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic