Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does Dabo have too much power?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Does Dabo have too much power?

May 22, 2014, 10:39 AM

Coach Swinney has been given the keys to the kingdom by
D-Rad.

A basically guaranteed "no fire" contract for 4 years.

An increase in pay.

Does not seem to matter if we beat the Coots.

The Yannity, Munson, Merritt moves.

Remember when Barker lost control and could not get rid of TDP???

Remember having to pay off TB???

I hope it all works out for Dabo and we continue to win and we begin beating the Coots again.

But when these Coaches get too comfortable, it never seems to work out...Kiffen, Petrino, Brown, Fulmer, etc...etc...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes....

May 22, 2014, 10:41 AM

He's also been given the keys to the kingdom by Jesus himself.

His father owns the cattle on a thousand hills.

#suckitFFRF

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does Dabo have too much power?

May 22, 2014, 10:44 AM

but Saban, Miles, Richt, Spurrier,Fischer all have keys too.

Why don't we say screw football dude?

May 22, 2014, 10:44 AM

Dabo has turned Clemson into a top 10 team every year. Losing to a top 5 team the last few years isn't a deciding factor. Realize that Clemson is achieving greatness at the same time USuC is..... You have to give a great coach a long term deal.....

Go Tigers!

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Not enough power...he needs to be given the power to

May 22, 2014, 10:51 AM

permanently ban all coots from Tnet...then he will rule supreme!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do those keys also include free membership at Augusta?***

May 22, 2014, 10:53 AM

All 4 of those guys were kicked to the curb very

May 22, 2014, 10:54 AM

easily...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All 4 of those guys were kicked to the curb very

May 22, 2014, 10:59 AM

You must be drinking this morning if you say "easily".

Nah, if he loses a 6th straight SCar game, people will be

May 22, 2014, 10:58 AM

not hold him in very high regard.

IDK: Does Saban? Meyer? or even that worthless OBS? I just

May 22, 2014, 11:11 AM

think that is the way it's heading in sports today. At least his changes are within the university. He's not threatening local columnists.

My take

May 22, 2014, 11:12 AM

Coach Swinney has been given the keys to the kingdom by
D-Rad.

A basically guaranteed "no fire" contract for 4 years.

He does have a very solid contract, no doubt. Other than his record against USC, I can see zero complaints about it though. In this day and age of coaches moving, if you're gonna hitch your wagon to a coach and believe he can be a program coach for a long time these are the sorts of contracts that become necessary.

An increase in pay.

I can't much quibble about a raise after our first BCS bowl win and first Orange Bowl win in 30 years.

Does not seem to matter if we beat the Coots.

Not sure where this comes from. Of course it matters. It matters to everyone. Players, coaches, staff, admin, fans, etc. Everyone. Now then, it is not the ONLY thing that matters and as such you can't base everything in his contract and situation around it.

The Yannity, Munson, Merritt moves.

Interesting that we simply assume this was all Dabo's doing. I've seen nothing but speculation to that fact.

Remember when Barker lost control and could not get rid of TDP???

I remember a lot of folks thinking that was the case, and even granting that it was I'm not sure these situations are even close to comparable.

Remember having to pay off TB???

Yep. But here's where we have to make up our minds. TB beat the snot out of USC. Granted at the time they were not nearly as good as they are now, but he did lay it on them good. But if your point above is that Dabo doesn't deserve the position he's in because his tams don't beat USC, you can't then bemoan the contract given to a coach who did. The simple fact is we gambled on that extension and it didn't work out. It happens and it ain't the end of the world.

I hope it all works out for Dabo and we continue to win and we begin beating the Coots again.

We ALL agree there. Or at least those of us without an obvious ax to grind obviously agree.

But when these Coaches get too comfortable, it never seems to work out...Kiffen, Petrino, Brown, Fulmer, etc...etc...

Not exactly a list of apt comparisons there. Kiffen, withotu even getting into his coaching abilities, is known for being abrasive to players, admin, and fans. Couple that with his NCAA issues, and he was a recipe for disaster. If Petrino had decided not to take a motorcycle ride with his mistress assistant, he'd still be coaching there. It wasn't on the field stuff that got him in trouble. And Tenn has been trying to recover from firing Fulmer based on unrealistic expectations for a while now.

In the end I don't think there is anything about Dabo that screams complacency or comfortable. He's a young coach who has the potential to be a long-term program-level coach. We've hitched our wagon to him, and him to us, and all we can do is see how it works out. Thus far the positives have, in my estimation, greatly outweighed the negatives.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree***

May 22, 2014, 11:21 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. Dabo generates a ton of revenue for Clemson.

May 22, 2014, 11:21 AM

He should have a lot of say so in what happens. Does he have too much power? No.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC Title, 2 Orange Bowls. One Orange Bowl Win Does That

May 22, 2014, 12:07 PM

Not to mention the Wins of UGA and LSU......

You focus on the Coots.....I like the hardware

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

No offense,seriously, but this has to be the most ridiculous

May 22, 2014, 12:41 PM

post I have read this week.

And I like Yannity, but he left unfortunately because they wanted a full time guy.

Not sure about too much power, but the latest contract was

May 22, 2014, 3:42 PM

way over the top in my opinion.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dado could lose to the coots 15 straight

May 22, 2014, 4:09 PM

And still have this job. This isn't your daddy's tiger nation anymore. We lost our pride somewhere down the line and as long as we win 9+ games yearly he win still be here no matter who it is we beat. Hatfield would still be here if he had this fan base in his day. There was a time though and I'll always have those memories.

Re: Dado could lose to the coots 15 straight

May 22, 2014, 4:21 PM

and with an 8 year 29 million dollar contract Clemson can not afford to fire him. I don't have a problem with how much he makes just the number of years(8).

I am not sure if you are a clemson fan or not..

May 22, 2014, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Dado could lose to the coots 15 straight ]

But I have decided you shall have the honor of being Blocked have fun with the coots in your sandbox.

And by the way.. It is Dabo. Learn it.

63-17

LMFAO***

May 22, 2014, 4:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

blue caddy is that you?

May 22, 2014, 4:32 PM

Really? Of all the things to talk about in Clemson football you are questioning Dabo? Here is a message from the silent majority JUST FOR YOU. go pound sand.

63-17

Hey, my mind is as narrow as yours.

May 22, 2014, 7:08 PM

Unfortunately for you I'm delighted with Dabo. What's a Pete or anybody else when you're winning as we have been?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you're sullied now...

May 22, 2014, 7:23 PM

go hit the showers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: you're sullied now...

May 22, 2014, 7:24 PM

Hey this is in no way related to the topic of this post, but I don't like my point total right now. It seems evil + even more evil. Please TUIA in advance.

haha, done brother.***

May 22, 2014, 7:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic