Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dish Network ACC Network
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Dish Network ACC Network

Jul 24, 2019, 11:15 AM

Has anyone contacted (email or phone) and expressed your feelings about the ongoing holdout by Dish Network and the ACC Network

If so what is the email address you used? What kind of reply did you get (if any)?

Not that Dish Network give two buckets of wet crap what I think but I thought I would at least send them an email for my peace of mind that I did my part letting them know how I am unhappy nothing has been done yet with only just over 1 month to go.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I contacted them through

Jul 24, 2019, 11:57 AM

their website chat. They added my request to their list but that’s all. FWIW, they didn’t add the sec network until the last minute when it launched.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I contacted them through

Jul 24, 2019, 12:20 PM

Same as above. yesterday, I reminded them that their competition had it and everything I wanted for less
money

The only thing stopping me is that my wife is finally learning the remote without constant
removal of cooking shows recorded by accident.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dish Network ACC Network

Jul 24, 2019, 12:13 PM

I did find an email address for customer cares on their website (caitlen.curtis@dish.com) and sent the following about a week ago.

Hi Caitlen,

I found your email under the Dish Cares heading on one of your web pages. If you are not the correct contact person, I would greatly appreciate you forwarding this to the appropriate person.

I have only been a Dish customer for a little over a year, but I do like Dish and would like to continue my subscription. There is one major obstacle to me doing so. As of today, I have not seen any indication that Dish plans to carry the new ACC Network that begins broadcasting in August. I am a huge Clemson Tiger fan and the ACC Network has decided to go with Clemson vs. Georgia Tech as the first game on 8/29. In addition, there will also apparently be a documentary on Clemson’s rise to elite status earlier in the game week.

Please understand my position. I WILL be watching the ACC Network, hopefully on Dish. Since you already carry the SEC, Big Ten and even the Pac 12 networks, I find it very hard to believe that Dish would not add the ACC Network. Perhaps you are negotiating for the best deal. I understand that completely, but I do have to set a realistic deadline to allow time for DirecTV to do the installation. As far as I am concerned, I think August 1 is a reasonable target. I’m sure I am not the only ACC fan that is making this request. Hopefully, you will have some good news real soon ??.

Thanks for considering this request.

I did not receive a reply. As a result, I gave up on Dish. Saw a few posts on different websites that Dish had no immediate plans to carry ACC Network I Ordered DirecTV about a week ago and still have another week before installation. You might want to pull the trigger sooner than later to be safe.

Good Luck!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dish Network ACC Network - UPDATE

Jul 25, 2019, 4:53 PM

I finally got a reply to my email (posted above). Ryan with Dish (720.514.7021) called and basically said...

Dish is very interested in carrying the ACC Network and they are in the "early" stages of negotiation. He said that they have had many requests to carry the ACC Network and they are keeping a log of user accounts that have requested ACCN. He also said that he could not commit to having the ACCN at the start date of 8/22.

I think that Dish will eventually pick up the ACCN, but I don't plan to wait and see. DirecTV is coming on 7/30 to do the install. The time from DirecTV order to install is about 2 weeks so take that into consideration if you want to wait a bit longer.

Good Luck :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic