Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think they should stick with 11 game season from now on
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 942

I think they should stick with 11 game season from now on

Jul 30, 2020, 7:43 PM

Without writing a book ...

Makes room to expand College Football playoffs

12 games too much, several of the games worthless aka "cupcakes"

Lost revenue, its always about money ? It ain't worth it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm always amazed when people say playing small programs is

Jul 30, 2020, 8:38 PM

worthless. It's not worthless.

It's critical for those small programs financially, to get a big pay check.

It's great for the small program's players, who get to say "I played in Death Valley."

It's great for our players and coaches, who get to try a few things out, rest players, or work out kinks without too great a risk of losing the game.

It's great for families who might not have the cash to be season ticket holders to take their kids to a Clemson game without going broke.

There are a lot of positives. Just because ESPN tells you it's worthless because it doesn't sell their ad time doesn't make it so.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

yep

Jul 31, 2020, 2:21 PM

I’ve worked at three FCS athletic programs and playing FBS teams is the highlight of their year. At southern Utah, playing Utah was the event.

At incarnate word, they’ve been looking forward to playing Baylor for years.

And before you say who cares about FCS football, think about the very small % of high school players that go on to play FBS, let alone power 5. Cutting opportunities for college football as a whole hurts the whole structure of the sport

No reason to expand playoff

Jul 30, 2020, 8:40 PM

Having 12 allows us to schedule a solid OOC team along with the cupcakes of UoSC+2

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disagree, 8 team playoff and ...

Jul 30, 2020, 11:49 PM

12 games is too much. Did they not play 11 games up to 2006 ? Why did they do that again ?

Message was edited by: OhWiseOne®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fine. Keep 11 games. Still no expanded playoff

Jul 31, 2020, 2:11 PM

I prefer to watch Clemson play as much as possible, but see zero reason to expand the playoff.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because Borderline teams ...

Jul 31, 2020, 9:30 PM

will beat the #1.

It's complete arrogance to think that just because a team from Big State U with lots of players from work release is by default "better", why ?

High School stat's don't mean squat. Have you ever heard of "late bloomers".

How many College Stars fall flat in the Pros while the Walk-on is THE talk of the NFL ? Any examples ?

EIGHT TEAMS ! Ideally its 16, champ from each FBS Conference and SIX wildcards. That is a TRUE playoff. No subjectivity, no opinion poll, no computer algorithm, no bias.

Re: No reason to expand playoff

Jul 31, 2020, 9:51 PM [ in reply to No reason to expand playoff ]

That's exactly right. Having that 12th Home game allows us to do the Home/Away series with the likes of UGA,Auburn,TexasA&M.Increasing the number of conference games or shortening the season would do away with that. Is that really what people want playing only ACC games and the coots? I think not. Give me a little variety and some series with SEC and Big 12 schools.

Replies: 7
| visibility 942
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic