Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dino Babers extended at Syracuse
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 2,845

Dino Babers extended at Syracuse

Dec 12, 2018, 6:51 PM

I know a few on here thought he would bolt asap for a “bigger” gig, but cuse signed him to a long term deal today. We are a private school so terms probably will not be known for awhile. He was in the third year of a six year deal, so most likely $4m plus over 6 years with a significant buyout would be my guess.

I am posting because the majority on here seem to respect him and want a strong acc. Good luck v the irish.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dino Babers extended at Syracuse

Dec 12, 2018, 7:04 PM

I’m definitely a fan of Dino staying at Syracuse. I want to see what he can do given a few more years.

Dec 12, 2018, 7:14 PM

Thank you for the information Cuse fan. But it's y'all that I would assume is the happiest about Dino and his extended contract. Being that Clemson fans isn't ever worried about who will be our HC year after year bc, we know that Dabo isn't going any where!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2018, 7:24 PM

Yes, i am certainly happy and imagine that you guys are currently focused on issues more important to clemson. Just spreading some acc news

Message was edited by: jgeorge322

Dec 12, 2018, 7:30 PM

Thanks man, I appreciate your information. I respect the heck out of Coach Barbers and hope he continues to build something special at Syracuse. He and Dabo are similar in a lot of their culture building philosophies. See you guys next year!

Dec 12, 2018, 7:40 PM

Appreciate the info. Had hoped he would get signed elsewhere as he is a tough match up. But you’re right, I have great respect for him and trust he will continue to improve an already good program.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully next year we can get Dabo to visit your locker

Dec 12, 2018, 7:57 PM

room before our game 'cause y'all stank it up after that talk last year and I wouldn't mind the extra margin for error we seem to need vs Dino.

Nothing personal but it would be great for the ACC to get rid of divisions in football somehow so both of our squads can spread out our conference games and get some more mix in. Va Tech, Miami, and Ga Tech would be good games and venues for your fans more often, while we could enjoy the same. You guys have a solid AD in place. He's good for the league.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hopefully next year we can get Dabo to visit your locker

Dec 12, 2018, 8:19 PM

agree about the divisions, just havent heard many great solutions.

Happy for Syracuse and the ACC***

Dec 12, 2018, 8:02 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 12, 2018, 8:14 PM

Congrats!! I think he is good for Syracuse

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Big for your program

Dec 12, 2018, 8:23 PM

Like Dino a lot and the role of 2nd best Atlantic team is very much up for grabs. Hopefully y’all will be the one to take it as your fans aren’t A-holes like some others. Or at least the Cuse fans I’ve interacted with haven’t been like that which is nice.
Congrats on keeping Dino and good luck in the bowl and next year.

Re: Big for your program

Dec 12, 2018, 10:44 PM

Ohhhh but that stadium is sooooo hot;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good for the Cuse. He seems to be a great fit and

Dec 13, 2018, 4:12 AM

is finding success.

By the way...a little prejudice on my part in favor of the Cuse: one of my favorite elementary school teachers here in S.C. was a Syracuse native and graduate. She's still alive nearly 90.

Message was edited by: hartins®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2018, 9:39 AM

I have mixed feelings. Cuse gives us fits, but I like having more Barbers and fewer Petrinos in the conference.

Good luck in the bowl!

Replies: 13
| visibility 2,845
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic