Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I keep hearing: "we don't really know who Clemson is" when
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

I keep hearing: "we don't really know who Clemson is" when

Dec 12, 2019, 6:20 PM

talking about how we'll stack up against battle tested 0310. Am I wrong? We're the same guys that boat raced Neutered Dames and beat the brakes off of Alabama, except we're a year older. Right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I keep hearing: "we don't really know who Clemson is" when

Dec 12, 2019, 6:29 PM

Don't tell them where we are, since they might want to come here. We're good.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I keep hearing:

Dec 12, 2019, 6:36 PM

No this is not the same team. Same uniforms, but not the same team. What are missing, maybe 25% of those starters from that team? 22 starters... How many are gone?

Dec 12, 2019, 7:49 PM

But a lot of the starters on today's Clemson defense played in the CFP last year plus the tigers have a advantage in coaching. They know what it takes to win on the big stage. This is ryan day first rodeo and fields also. We know what Lawrence and company can do.

Dec 12, 2019, 8:52 PM

Yeah but a lot of the starters on D weren't starters last playoff. We lost 6 starters from last years D.

Dec 12, 2019, 8:55 PM

But they have experience on the big stage. They been there and know what it takes.

Dec 12, 2019, 8:56 PM

I guess. They havent done it themselves.

Dec 12, 2019, 9:24 PM

And OSu has not done anything.

Dec 12, 2019, 9:57 PM

They have played some real competition this year and we havent yet. People know who Ohio State is but they dont who we are yet. Ohio State will be our first test for everyone to see. Its going to be great. Hopefully we are leaving the game as dominant winners and all questions are erased.

Dec 12, 2019, 10:02 PM

They have not done anything on the big stage. I'm not talking about regular season. Until they win a championship its bull and void.

Dec 12, 2019, 10:06 PM

I mean null

Dec 12, 2019, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I keep hearing: ]

Our team hasnt done anything on the big stage either and hasnt played anyone yet. Last years team did. That was a great team. That was a great Dline. We have to see bow they do when they face their first tests of their career not watching but starting. DL is the only area that I worry about, but the game is won in the trenches they say. This will be their first test of their careers.

Dec 12, 2019, 10:16 PM

Most of the entire offense is back from last years CFP. Experience and coaching lean towards the tigers. A lot of those players on defense played in last years CFP. There are very few players left from that drubbing that the buckeyes took from clemson back in 2016. Know one knows how the buckeyes will respond in the playoffs because they are out of big ten country and they might be tight and nervous. But the tigers have been here before and know what it takes. 5 straight years.

Dec 12, 2019, 10:18 PM

Yes..Our O is not the issue. This is the first test for our new D. Thats the point. The offense is not even a concern.

Dec 12, 2019, 10:27 PM

I can agree with that.

Dec 12, 2019, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Re: I keep hearing: ]

Shoot! I didn’t know there was gonna be math.

Is the same program that has been in the playoff the last 5

Dec 12, 2019, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Re: I keep hearing: ]

Years. We elevate our play every time we have been in.

Our guys may be young but so many of them are “BATTLE TESTED”

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is the same program that has been in the playoff the last 5

Dec 12, 2019, 8:54 PM

So many of them are not as well. As a team as a whole, we are not battle tested. Hopefully we are just so good, so well coached, so talented, that we just dominate.

Dec 12, 2019, 9:14 PM

Look how many key weapons we have that are. I would bet we have more that are experienced than not

Muse
Wallace
Terrell
Kendrick - he’s been there before. I would bet my paycheck he knows what’s about to happen and he’s ready to give it his all
XT has been in the CFP
Foster
Pinckney
Skalski
Smith
Rudolph
Jordan WILLIAMS
Xavier Kelly
Nolan Turner
Baylon Spector

Anchrum
Cervenka
Simpson
Pollard
Bockhorst
ETN
TL
Higgins
Ross
Amari Rogers
Overton
Chalk

Newcomers we need to have a good game: Tyler Davis and Jackson Carman

Dec 12, 2019, 10:02 PM

McMichael?

I meant Kvon Wallace

Dec 12, 2019, 10:05 PM

Brain fart

our defense fell off the cliff because

Dec 12, 2019, 6:44 PM

The DL was so good last year and Vensbles isn't smart enough to change our D to match strengths

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: our defense fell off the cliff because

Dec 12, 2019, 8:59 PM

I may not even watch the game now! What a buzz kill.

No but OSU is not as battle tested as everyone thinks either***

Dec 12, 2019, 6:54 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

quick, name 3 teams we played on the level of Michigan,

Dec 12, 2019, 7:07 PM

Wisconsin, and Penn State? OSU is undeniably more "battle-tested". That is a factor. I hope our gog on good practices will ramp up and prepare us, but I do wish we would have been tested more along the way. Because of this, I expect OSU will land the first punches. I believe they will hit us with the first blows. How we respond will tell the tale. I believe in these coaches, and I know they know - this is a different animal than what we've seen. I trust they will have us prepared for a new level of speed and physicality, but I will be much more comfortable once I see how we respond.

Honestly

Dec 12, 2019, 7:23 PM

I think Virginia, Wake and A&M could play with Penn st, Meechigan and Wisconsin. They ain't that good. I do believe Ohio st is considerably better than any of them and I think it will be a tight game.

Re: Honestly

Dec 12, 2019, 7:53 PM

Oh good lord man. Stop. Just stop.

Didn’t Pitt give Penn State all they could handle?

Dec 12, 2019, 8:01 PM

Lowly Pitt ...

Didn’t Michigan lose to Wisconsin ... and to Penn State ... who went to the wire with lowly Pitt?

Didn’t Wisconsin lose to Illinois ... who lost to Michigan ... who lost to Penn State ... who had to go to the wire to beat lowly Pitt?

Is lowly Pitt a competitive team with PSU, Michigan, or Wisconsin. If no, then why not.

Virginia beat Pitt 30-14 ...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Didn’t Pitt give Penn State all they could handle?***

Dec 12, 2019, 8:26 PM

Oh yes. The transitive property. The most solid argument for analyzing a college football team. Lol.

Yet you automatically discount UVA without anything to

Dec 12, 2019, 8:46 PM

Back it up.

Since UVA hasn’t faced Penn State or Michigan, or Wisconsin, there is no way to gauge whether they are comparable or not.

UVA might be better.

The fact is, that you don’t know.

Prove me wrong without resorting to any sort of transitive argument ... or the “eye test” ...

Re: Didn’t Pitt give Penn State all they could handle?***

Dec 12, 2019, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Didn’t Pitt give Penn State all they could handle? ]

And ND beat Virginia by 15, and Michigan beat ND by 31.

Yep. My point is that nobody knows unless the teams play.

Dec 12, 2019, 8:49 PM

UVA could be better than Penn State, Michigan, or Wisconsin.

Simply discounting the possibility is not valid.

Re: quick, name 3 teams we played on the level of Michigan,

Dec 12, 2019, 8:28 PM [ in reply to quick, name 3 teams we played on the level of Michigan, ]

They're no faster or more talented player for player than FSU
Maybe less speed and fewer highly rated recruits than FSU is too .
The difference is they have some good coaching and a pretty decent defensive and offensive scheme . FSU didn't have that .
They're NOT better than our guys though , rest your nerves .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 12, 2019, 8:54 PM [ in reply to quick, name 3 teams we played on the level of Michigan, ]

We may find out very soon that there is no ne that can really test this team. The whole offense that boat raced the "greatest team of all time" is back, and better. If Dabo would have wanted he could have easily scored 60+ on Bama. None, zero, zilch of these left other than us could do that. When it comes to comparisons we are a completely different level of cat than these teams have seen.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2019, 9:54 PM [ in reply to quick, name 3 teams we played on the level of Michigan, ]

We weren't very "battle-tested" last year and we swamped ND and Bama.

The coaching staff has found a way to get these guys ready for championship level competition without the regular season "battles"

We were not battle tested at QB

Dec 12, 2019, 10:07 PM

That one is kind of important in these types of games

Shhhhhh...

Dec 12, 2019, 6:59 PM

Just keep reminding them that we almost lost to a team that almost lost to the chickens and tell them to please go easy on us.

imo, it's a valid statement. we've looked great against

Dec 12, 2019, 7:01 PM

teams who are nowhere near as talented as OSU or LSU. We cannot take last year's playoff team and just assume we're going to do that to OSU. In my opinion, both OSU and LSU are better than both ND and Bama of last year. As fans we obviously don't control the team's approach to the game, but imo we need to pump the brakes a little bit. OSU is every bit as talented as we are (more so of you believe the rankkngs) and they will have a great plan just like we do. The biggest unknown is how well will hold up in the trenches? We have not played anyone with the size and athleticism we're going to see in a few weeks. It obviously doesn't affect the team, but the bravado seen here needs to be slowed a little bit. We cannot rest our laurels on last year or previous games against OSU.

Re: imo, it's a valid statement. we've looked great against

Dec 12, 2019, 7:08 PM

Ditto. Good post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Battle Tested

Dec 12, 2019, 7:19 PM

https://images.app.goo.gl/eJQoGutfhqekgbfA7

What #### orifice would give me a TU for an honest

Dec 12, 2019, 7:49 PM

qweshun?

Re: What #### orifice would give me a TU for an honest

Dec 12, 2019, 7:50 PM

that's a null, not ####

Re: I keep hearing: "we don't really know who Clemson is" when

Dec 12, 2019, 8:18 PM

I do think Clemson will be just fine and has shown enough consistency over the past 5 years to give me confidence. However, teams do change from year to year and the results of last season have nothing to do with this year.

If last year mattered then why aren’t Bama and ND in the playoff this year? How did LSU go from not scoring a point last year against Bama to putting up over 40 against them this year?

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic