Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some state had to be first, looks like it is The Lone Steer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 5,105

Some state had to be first, looks like it is The Lone Steer

Mar 2, 2021, 5:06 PM

State:

Texas is saying "Screw it!" and opening everything back up, with the expectation evidently that Herd Immunity instead of a bunch more deaths will be the result.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some state had to be first, looks like it is The Lone Steer

Mar 2, 2021, 5:09 PM

Maybe they mean Cowherd immunity

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Moo.

Mar 2, 2021, 5:17 PM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Moo.

Mar 2, 2021, 5:58 PM

Now I miss Western Sizzlin all over again!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish there was a Damon's close to where I live.

Mar 3, 2021, 7:30 AM

I have only eaten at a Damon's three times, but it was three different ones in three different states, and the steak was EXCELLENT all three times.

Didn't Florida do that months ago?***

Mar 2, 2021, 5:11 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All businesses open at 100% and no mask mandate?

Mar 2, 2021, 5:19 PM

Not saying you are wrong, but I had not seen that combination before.

No. Masks are still mandated. and we are not at 100%

Mar 2, 2021, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Didn't Florida do that months ago?*** ]

capacity at restaurants, etc.

No where near back to "normal" down here.

We ARE, however, at 1000% capacity for yankee butt wipes that live down here permanently who opine incessantly about how awesome is.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

UPDATE: So went to Outback last night to get TOGO dinner....

Mar 3, 2021, 11:59 AM

8PM - walked in place was about 15 to 20% . . . so very few folks.

Went to the bar - all seats were turned the right way & they were side by side by side . . . so no distancing and no marked off areas.

All bar tables were available - nothing marked as off limits.

Same in the dining room areas.

Sat down at the bar - ordered one bourbon (Woodford), one scotch (Glenlivet) & one beer (Founders All Day IPA - 22 oz) - and started talking to the barmate and the guy 2 stools down - they said this Outback had been operating like this for the last 5 months . . . . I about fell over.

All the staff were wearing masks - but the guy at the bar said he didn't wear one coming in and that he didn't carry one with him any more. And that no one says anything to him . . . but he hadn't been into a Publix or anything like that without wearing a mask.

So . . . I have no idea what is going on down here. Publix has all kinda masks required signs up - I'm pretty certain they are still mandated . . . but I have no idea.

Sorry CM Shack® if I came across as a know-it-all . . . . clearly this one Outback said they have been doing whatever they want for the last 5 months.

EDITED PORTION: yankees down here are still EXTREMELY plentiful and they still completely suck. THAT did not change with one visit to an Outback Steakhouse.

Message was edited by: Rocky the Tiger®

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: UPDATE: So went to Outback last night to get TOGO dinner....

Mar 3, 2021, 12:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

You sound like UDP . . . . are you UDP ? ? ? Trying to

Mar 3, 2021, 12:35 PM

expand your perspective bob - from your current "All that matters is Carowinds" myopia.

YWTHIA

Mar 2, 2021, 7:17 PM

Ain't nothin' but

https://images.app.goo.gl/2H3oLz6te21CJbmS7

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2021, 9:05 PM

Texas is a big place so I can’t speak for all of it, but here in the panhandle, it has pretty much remained wide open.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Among my Texan kin are cousins in the Vernon, Wichita

Mar 3, 2021, 6:12 AM

Falls and Windthorst areas, all of whom have told me what you are relating: it's been pretty much business as usual other than a few postponements here and there.

Even the winter storm didn't affect them much, as they live on ranches and are fairly self-reliant. The kin in the Houston area have had a more difficult time but are now OK.

Re: Among my Texan kin are cousins in the Vernon, Wichita

Mar 3, 2021, 12:25 PM

Last fall high school football games were mostly full, my sons pee wee football games were all packed, every weekend.

As far as the winter storm, here in the Panhandle we were mostly in good shape but the infrastructure is designed more towards colder weather and you certainly don't have to worry about tree limbs taking down lines. Down south it's the opposite.

Mar 3, 2021, 8:30 AM

As of yesterday, TX was 47th in percentage of residents that are vaccinated. Not sure I understand the logic of going wide open at this point. Certainly a lot of TX is isolated and the virus is probably afraid of messing with some of those crusty Texan ranchers, but Texas has some really big urban areas, so this would seem like a premature move. I like the spirit and prefer Abbott's actions over Newsom's in California, but there would seem to be a better middle ground.

Mar 3, 2021, 12:27 PM

Those "Crusty Ranchers" are some of the finest folks you will ever come across. The state needs to be open, just like others do. If you don't agree, stay home. No harm no foul.

Mar 3, 2021, 3:51 PM

No disparagement was even remotely intended. I've spent a ton of time in TX and love the folks there.Speaking of the Panhandle, I collectively over time have spent close to 6 months near Wheeler. I'll be back out that way in April. My point is that while I support businesses being open, I think it is a bit premature to go completely wide open. However, it's really not my concern and I will enjoy being with my crusty rancher friends.

Replies: 17
| visibility 5,105
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic