Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What's actually happening in Texas?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 659

What's actually happening in Texas?

Feb 17, 2021, 8:59 AM

For FOX viewers:

https://twitter.com/ndrew_lawrence/status/1361866553998909442?s=20

And, out here in the real world:

"As of Monday afternoon, 26 of the 34 gigawatts in ERCOT’s grid that had gone offline were from “thermal” sources, meaning gas and coal. The system’s total installed capacity in the system, Power magazine’s Sonal Patel noted, is around 77.2 GW. Wind and solar power, meanwhile, produced near or even above planned capacity, according to energy analyst Jesse Jenkins, as only small amounts of wind and solar are utilized in peaking conditions. Wind turbines did indeed freeze, and did eventually underperform. But so did natural gas infrastructure, and to a far greater degree."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's really a Conspiracy

Feb 17, 2021, 9:05 AM

to convince the Cental American caravans that they dont really want anything to do with a Polar Texas...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is exhausting

Feb 17, 2021, 9:05 AM

pointing out how bad wind turbines as in the long haul.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2020-02-05/wind-turbine-blades-can-t-be-recycled-so-they-re-piling-up-in-landfills

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't want to see how much waste other energy

Feb 17, 2021, 9:07 AM

production has then.

Also, irrelevant to 19B's post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

They actually CAN BE recycled. It's just too costly to do

Feb 17, 2021, 9:09 AM [ in reply to this is exhausting ]

so....

So, really, your argument is that turbine blades take up too

Feb 17, 2021, 9:11 AM [ in reply to this is exhausting ]

much space in landfills, relative to the 300,000,000 TONS of waste produced in the US per year? That's 600,000,000,000 lbs. 600B. With a B.

The space that windmill blades take up in landfills, next to the literal mountain range of garbage we produce every year as a country...that's your argument?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's that they suck with energy output, especially when you

Feb 17, 2021, 9:56 AM

absolutely need it

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: this is exhausting

Feb 17, 2021, 9:49 AM [ in reply to this is exhausting ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: this is exhausting

Feb 17, 2021, 10:59 AM [ in reply to this is exhausting ]

Manac,

I hardly think that this is a significant problem in the overall scheme of things, but I have a solution for you - turn them into fencing - around the landfills or elsewhere. It you buried them 1/3 rd in the ground they would make great partitions - and could be painted whatever color would suit the situation.

I'm down for 10% of the profits from this brilliant idea, right ?

34 GIGAWATTS????

Feb 17, 2021, 9:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you see this?

Feb 17, 2021, 9:28 AM

Doc and Marty made it to 2021. Marty is a little shaken up, but still, I really love this pic.

That makes me feel old enough to start drinking at 8:30am.

Feb 17, 2021, 9:29 AM

Great pic doe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That makes me feel old enough to start drinking at 8:30am.

Feb 17, 2021, 11:00 AM

Agreed on the pic. The joke was a bit weak.

Re: What's actually happening in Texas?

Feb 17, 2021, 9:13 AM

Foxworld is getting really, really good at that. I mean, that video of windmills coming apart was pretty epic, now put your talking heads on it. I mean, it's Texas we're talking about here. It's not hard at all to see the hand of Big Oil reaching into the Foxworld studio straight into the sock puppets of Fox's primetime opinion-host lineup...though it does take some next-level cynicism to blame the other party for a failure of a plan your own party created.

But dayum are they ever getting calculated about this kind of opportunistic thematic repetition. You really do wonder how much of Fox's payola actually goes on behind the scenes, and is negotiated over promotion over various corporate or industry interests, because it just seems far too systemic and calibrated these days too be random.

Re: What's actually happening in Texas?

Feb 17, 2021, 12:35 PM

Yeah, and all of the Foxnews viewers are now convinced about these arguments against green energy - and NO amount of accurate information will sway them once they have established this "truth" in their minds.

Of ALL of the considerable problems facing our society, misinformation may be the biggest and most fundamental.

Well that setlles it, let's go all in

Feb 17, 2021, 12:54 PM

with solar and wind. Blow up all fossil fuel plants so we can't be tempted to use them again.

Replies: 15
| visibility 659
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic