Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did the President
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 798

Did the President

Mar 29, 2020, 7:18 PM

just say that he hopes to keep the death count to 100K? And if he did that he would consider that a good job?

wow

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did the President

Mar 29, 2020, 7:21 PM

Would you rather have me give you a TU and ignore you or explain it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2020, 7:49 PM

Well, of course, I have no control over your actions. I was just referring to the Presidents press conference where he was discussing the models that Dr Fauci and Dr Birx were using. The models showed that if nothing was done to contain or mitigate the pandemic that 2.6 million Americans would be expected to die. However, due to the containment and mitigation efforts put forth that the models show that only 100k-200k Americans would die. The President said that 100k would be a good result.

I was surprised at that.

Strange how that changed from your OP to your reply.

Mar 30, 2020, 9:51 AM

You'll have Trump convicted of ###### a nun if I keep pressing the question.

If you listened to the presser and can't understand context I can't help you. If you didn't hear the presser then you took some idiot's opinion who either couldn't understand context or ignored honesty and took what Trump said out of context so some fool would click on the bait.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well let's do numbers

Mar 29, 2020, 7:34 PM

Flu kills 30k per yr
This is 14 times more deadly.

That would be, what, over 400k?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2020, 7:56 PM

i will be glad when he says that the chinese communist government will be punished

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 30, 2020, 9:32 AM

Exactly how would you suggest he do that ??

Military industry is needing some

Mar 30, 2020, 9:44 AM

additional revenue during these hard times.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Mar 30, 2020, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Did the President ]

refuse trade from them , one week for every american death

That would hurt us just as much as it hurts them

Mar 30, 2020, 9:59 AM

I'm sorry but our economy is so intertwined with China, anything done to hurt them hurts us as well. That's the whole purpose of global trade. It's an insurance policy.

And frankly, unlike what is being posted on Facebook by conservatives, we can't go back to Made in America only. Us consumers can't afford it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That would hurt us just as much as it hurts them

Mar 30, 2020, 10:27 AM

the chinese government should be punished for making the earth sick

(the cover up made it worse)

i am open to other ideas

It's just a democrat hoax

Mar 30, 2020, 9:43 AM

ok it's not a hoax, but the flu is worse.

Ok the flu is not worse, but we have this thing under control. There will be 0 cases in a couple of weeks.

Ok there won't be 0 cases in a couple of weeks, but we will be over this thing by Easter.

Ok we won't be over this thing by Easter. But if we keep the deaths around 100k we will be doing good.

STOP GIVING DATES! Tell us you are doing everything in your power to mitigate this virus. Give a hope and compassion speech then let the experts come up with the up to date facts and plan.

The more dates and deadlines you give, the worse you look Trump.

Re: It's just a democrat hoax

Mar 30, 2020, 12:48 PM

ok it's not a hoax, but the flu is worse.

Ok the flu is not worse, but we have this thing under control. There will be 0 cases in a couple of weeks.

Ok there won't be 0 cases in a couple of weeks, but we will be over this thing by Easter.

Ok we won't be over this thing by Easter. But if we keep the deaths around 100k we will be doing good.

STOP GIVING DATES! Tell us you are doing everything in your power to mitigate this virus. Give a hope and compassion speech then let the experts come up with the up to date facts and plan.

The more dates and deadlines you give, the worse you look Trump.

And then there's the biggest problem with being a divisive populist who has gone out of his way to antagonize, berate, and make enemies out of anyone who isn't behind him: you can't do that and then expect those very same people you've worked so very hard to make enemies of to somehow unite behind you in a crisis. Especially when you're still berating them.

His latest Twitter blast on Pelosi just leaves me shaking my head. All the dude has to do is lead with some competence and ignore the nay-sayers and everybody would still follow because that's what people instinctively do when the crisis hits, but he's even managing to mess that up with every vitriolic tweet and comment he makes. Dude: nobody cares what Pelosi has to say right now; ignore her and she becomes irrelevant. And just LEAD, man.

But his base HAS TO be fed***

Mar 30, 2020, 12:51 PM

I heard this speech in Braveheart. Well said.

Mar 30, 2020, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: It's just a democrat hoax ]

nm

Mar 31, 2020, 11:26 AM

"And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-vice-president-pence-members-coronavirus-task-force-press-conference/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 798
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic