Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo has absolutely broken the nut necklaces on 11 warriors.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 1

Dabo has absolutely broken the nut necklaces on 11 warriors.

Dec 11, 2020, 1:47 PM

They have him on the front page and the comments are all hating the on Dabo because he had the audacity to say a team playing 5-6 games shouldn’t make it into the playoffs.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo has absolutely broken the nut necklaces on 11 warriors.

Dec 11, 2020, 1:50 PM

They can't interpret anything he says correctly, nor do they try. Okay, I'll back track...they can't try because they can't interpret.

That is one pathetic program...and Warriors...really? Do they hurl themselves at opponents? What else can a nut do?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2020, 1:52 PM

My aunt is a certified nut so we mostly just don’t invite her to stuff.

Hope you are well Salt!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2020, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo has absolutely broken the nut necklaces on 11 warriors. ]

Salty55® said:

They can't interpret anything he says correctly, nor do they try. Okay, I'll back track...they can't try because they can't interpret.

That is one pathetic program...and Warriors...really? Do they hurl themselves at opponents? What else can a nut do?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those crazy elves!***

Dec 12, 2020, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo has absolutely broken the nut necklaces on 11 warriors. ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you meant to say "11 warriors 1 cup"***

Dec 11, 2020, 1:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Oh boy.***

Dec 11, 2020, 2:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I think you meant to say "11 warriors 1 cup"***

Dec 12, 2020, 10:16 AM [ in reply to I think you meant to say "11 warriors 1 cup"*** ]

Bahahaha!

LINK - to the clown show . . .

Dec 11, 2020, 1:56 PM

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2020/12/119159/dabo-swinney-doesnt-think-ohio-state-should-make-the-playoff-believes-clemson-should-be-in-even-with-two-losses

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

And all their IP address are from Myrtle Beach.

Dec 11, 2020, 1:56 PM

Keep pumping up our economy, 0-31O losers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I can only think of 49

Dec 11, 2020, 1:58 PM

states that are better than Ohio.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You’re not trying hard enough.

Dec 11, 2020, 2:24 PM

I can think of at least 51.

Signed,

Tigerbalm1

Re: You’re not trying hard enough.

Dec 12, 2020, 11:16 AM

Maybe all 57 or 58 states according to a former president! May actually be that many soon!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And all their IP address are from Myrtle Beach.

Dec 12, 2020, 11:10 AM [ in reply to And all their IP address are from Myrtle Beach. ]

Facts, lol

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They see Dabo under their beds at night. Buckeye parents

Dec 11, 2020, 2:11 PM

tell their Buckeye kids to be good or the Dabo will get them.

They stone cold hate him. I dare say that the majority of them would take a losing streak against Michigan if they could just beat Dabo one time. They won’t admit it probably, but he haunts their dreams so much that I bet they would.

If we beat them in the playoffs some of them will absolutely go insane.

null

Why is Dabo worried about OSU?

Dec 11, 2020, 11:55 PM

You don't understand the Michigan rivalry. Even though this board LOVES to hate Ohio State, if you're a fan of college football, dive into a documentary or two. You'll understand.

Re: Why is Dabo worried about OSU?

Dec 12, 2020, 12:14 AM

I think it is more about folks here having no respect for the nuts vs hating them. Hate takes effort.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2020, 2:22 PM

Funny how none of them mention that it was the big 10 ADs that decided before they started play that in order to play in the conference championship, a team had to have 6 games played! They had to alter the rules just to get them into the championship of their own conference! So, they think it is OK to play for a NC, when they originally did not play enough for their own conference championship? Logic obviously is not taught at that school!

Dec 11, 2020, 2:32 PM

Ponder how delicious it truly is:

Dabo gave Urban Meyer his worst loss of his coaching career.

Dabo gave Ryan Day his worst loss of his coaching career.

Danny gave Woody Hayes his worst loss of his coaching career.

Dec 11, 2020, 2:36 PM

Danny gave Woody his final loss!

Did someone say ponder?

Dec 11, 2020, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo has absolutely broken the nut necklaces on 11 warriors. ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21iqhUswEmk

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or for the old-timers Badger someone

Dec 11, 2020, 9:34 PM

https://youtu.be/EIyixC9NsLI

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2020, 2:40 PM

Welp, I am having a hard time typing...Laughter upsets the fingers...Claw them, Dabo.... Yeehaw.....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2020, 11:57 PM

Whelp, I've been drink'n again

Dec 11, 2020, 2:50 PM

Like a lot of folks, it seems pretty unfair to me that OSU is getting fast tracked to the playoff by the B1G changing rules at the 11th hour. I'm in complete agreement with Dabo that A&M or Flordia are infinitely more deserving.

Which is why it would be absolutely hilarious if Northwestern knocked them off and ruined their playoff hopes. I know it's highly unlikely, but could you imagine the B1G's embarrassment in this scenario? Go all in on OSU, screw Indiana in the process, and OSU gets left out anyway.

null

Dec 12, 2020, 12:01 AM

What rule did they break relevant to the CFP? If Ohio State played tomorrow and lost, they were still in the B1G championship. Not sure Indiana was "screwed" if the Indiana AD voted to let them in.

I think Dabo would love to crack the bucknuts again

Dec 11, 2020, 2:59 PM

if they had played a fair number of games. LOL at them saying Dabo is scared. Guess they forgot 0-4.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: I think Dabo would love to crack the bucknuts again

Dec 12, 2020, 12:04 AM

Dabo seems insecure. Understand speaking his mind but how often have we heard other coaches discussing this?

Dec 12, 2020, 12:20 AM

Never thought about it. I would say from a biased perspective that he isn’t insecure, just really busy demonstrating to OHIO state coach’S, how winners conduct themselves.

Please link a source where Dabo discussed this. What he did do was answer a question in an interview. Big difference.

Dec 12, 2020, 10:07 AM

I'd be interested to see/hear Saban's opinion (we won't). Just seems strange for a top program's head coach to politic and opine on who is deserving to be in and like it or not, you have to recognize there's elements of self-preservation sprinkled all over that. It's a valid argument and he might be right but I personally don't see the need for Clemson's head coach to opine to the committee other than if he feels his team could be left out.

I stopped reading at “self preservation”...

Dec 12, 2020, 10:13 AM

Probably not the best point to try and make when the Big10 just changed their rules in a very transparent attempt to get a team into the CFP. It’s embarrassing for the Big10 and embarrassing for OSU. And I wouldn’t be surprised at all to find out Nebraska is searching for a new conference home now that it’s clear rules can be changed for some schools, but not for others.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I stopped reading at “self preservation”...

Dec 12, 2020, 12:25 PM

Right like the ACC cancelling this weekend's games isn't any different? Please. Nebraska isn't leaving. The B1G revenue sharing is night and day better than the Big 12 plus the B1G academic alliance is something like $10B in federal and private money designated for research that Nebraska has access to.

The ACC didn’t “cancel” any games.

Dec 12, 2020, 5:11 PM

I’m not surprised you didn’t use facts in your argument. 0 rules were changed by the ACC in an attempt to get a team into the CFP.

Did you miss the part where he was ASKED the question

Dec 12, 2020, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: I think Dabo would love to crack the bucknuts again ]

in an interview?

And did you also miss the part where he said OSU is one of the best teams in the country and could very well win the CFP?

Geez.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Did you miss the part where he was ASKED the question

Dec 12, 2020, 2:13 PM

Doesn’t suit his narrative. Look over there, not over here!

Dec 12, 2020, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: I think Dabo would love to crack the bucknuts again ]

Link to the opine? Again, he was asked a question in an interview. What do you propose he should have said, “no comment.”?

It would seem Ohio State and their fans are the insecure bunch because they haven’t accomplished anything and know it.

Dec 12, 2020, 2:54 PM

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2020/12/119159/dabo-swinney-doesnt-think-ohio-state-should-make-the-playoff-believes-clemson-should-be-in-even-with-two-losses

How about typical coach speak, non answer: "My team is good. We're worried about ND." It's just unusual to see from a top program's head coach and one we wouldn't see from Saban. Dabo's a smart dude. Strategic.

I've seen the line on OSU/Clemson is anywhere between even money to Clemson favored -3. Politic'n to keep OSU out is good business for recruiting and your semi-final matchup. But sorry, it's insecure. Spare me the deserving and fairness argument when ultimately the committee is asked to select the best 4 teams. We shall see and I hope we get another battle.

Dec 12, 2020, 3:11 PM

This is a link to the interview. Where is the independent “opine” Dabo spun and was documented, supporting your argument?

You can’t have it both ways either. Last year when your coach, Day whined and cried about the officiating, solicited and unsolicited, saying the game was taken from Ohio State. Was that “coach speak” or are you being hypocritical?

Third request... Outside of being asked in an interview where he also said, “Ohio State is a
top 4 team, did Dabo Opine over fairness relative to your team not being deserving of a bid?

Dec 12, 2020, 3:36 PM

I think you're confusing what opine is...Dabo didn't write an op ed in the Herald Journal, he expressed his opinion in an interview. He opined. Lol

I think you and I aren't going to reach any sort of common ground here so I'll leave it at that. See you soon bb

Dec 12, 2020, 3:57 PM

No, I’m not confused. You just aren’t being objective and are actually using some BS question being answered in a media interview to manipulate facts. So, again, outside of a loaded question in a media controlled format, when has Dabo expressed his opinion - Opined in reference to Ohio State being eligible for the playoffs.

This would be different than Day whining last year that they should have won a game the lost because of the ref’s. It’s also different than Ryan whining to ensure the rules be changed specifically for Ohio State to make them eligible for the playoff’s. Non of which was “coach speak...”

Don't you mean 0.4545454545454545454545 warriors?

Dec 11, 2020, 3:45 PM

:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

based on the comments, the bucknut fans clearly believe they

Dec 11, 2020, 4:37 PM

belong in the CFP while playing only six games - and show extremes of righteous indignation that someone might think otherwise.

I wonder if there is a number of games that those idiots would think wouldn't qualify them. Three? One? Zero? Do they really think they would belong in a playoff without playing ANY games? I wonder what the number might be for them. I would guess now they would say SIX, obviously, but really, wouldn't they say FIVE if all they had were five? Where would it end?

and their fans seem very ignorant about the game of football and the toll that games take on one's body. Aside from injuries, obviously, there is still the wear and tear and bumps and bruises that wear a team down. It makes a huge difference. Now, if you could only play half as many games as the Big Boys, well, that would be AWESOME! Wouldn't it?

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: based on the comments, the bucknut fans clearly believe they

Dec 12, 2020, 12:19 AM

It certainly is an advantage. Last year is a perfect example if you look at how Ohio State finished the year (PSU, scUM, Whisky) relative to the ACC layup for Clemson. Then OSU and Clemson played a battle while LSU had a layup with OU. Any smart college football fan knows Clemson limped into that game against LSU.

Dec 12, 2020, 12:46 AM

Pretty much any Big Ten team is a “layup.” Other than the 2014 “an” Ohio State University’s title, plus the 2002 title the refs gave to “an” Ohio State University’s title, no Big Ten team has won a National title since 1997, and that was by? It was a split title. I can’t remember who it was. It was Nebraska (who is a Big 8/12 orphan) and some other team from the Big Ten. ??. Who was that again? “an” Ohio State University had a great team last year. They were a worthy adversary for anyone, but let’s not pretend they have really had any competition in the Big Ten in about ten years. The Big Ten is usually inflated by the fact that it accounts for a large media market in the Midwest and college football nostalgia. Before 2014, you’d really have to go back to 2002 to find a Big Ten school (also “an” Ohio State University, and they won that title because the refs threw a ridiculous penalty after the game had ended) that has been even remotely competitive when matches against the National elite. Honestly, other than “an” Ohio State University, the Big Ten has been totally irrelevant, realistically, in the national title picture for over 20 years. The Big Ten, much like Michigan, has been living off the first 75, of the last 100, years of college football.

Dec 12, 2020, 10:00 AM

Appreciate the effort on the lengthy but subtle insults. The B1G last year was not a layup. Was that you bourbon talking? Take a peek at the final AP. Compare that to the ACC. Reverse roles this year. B1G is ugly in 2020.

I've heard the ref argument about the 2002 NC. Game was over in regulation if they ruled a completed pass in bounds (which it was). You don't see me whining about refs (ahem, 2019???).

As for national relevance competing for NCs. It's OSU and it's largely been OSU for 20 years. I don't think this argument holds much water because during that time, Miami, FSU, and Clemson (maybe missing another) have represented the ACC at the top but rarely together in a given year. That moreso speaks to OSU's success than suggesting the B1G is irrelevant. We've competed in NCs in 02, 06, 07, and 14 with CFP bids in 16 (ouch) and 19 (sigh).

Dec 14, 2020, 10:55 AM

First of all, I don’t drink intoxicants. Secondly, you say your aren’t “complaining” about refs, but then you bring of last year’s Fiesta Bowl. I think getting outscored 29-7 had more to do with “an” Ohio State University losing than some referee decision. Also, there is no comparison with the 2002 debacle. That game was OVER. Miami had won. aOSU had not won a single thing during the regulation period you are referencing. aOSU may not have snapped that third down play before the 40 second play clock had expired. So, the 3rd down pass you reference would have been irrelevant anyhow had the refs caught that. However, in the OT, Miami HAD stopped aOSU on the 4th down play. The game was over.

As to aOSU “competing” for national titles, the 2006 and 2007 squads were hardly competitive in those games. 2014? I’ll give you that one, but one could make the argument they never should have been in that position anyhow because Baylor and TCU had better resumes to get into the CFP that year.

The Big Ten is not the end all be all league that it is made out to be. In the first 6 years of the CFP’s existence, the Big Ten has an overall record of 2-3. Clemson and Alabama are 7-2 and 6-3 by THEMSELVES. Furthermore, in the last 22 years (since the dawn of the BCS/CFP, and I choose this because while both systems have been flawed, it has only been since 1998 that we’ve been guaranteed a true #1vs#2 title game) there has been a grand total of ONE team, aOSU, from the Big Ten to appear in a National Title game. Their record is 2-2. Every other Power 5 conference has had at least 2 teams, with the SEC having 5 different teams, play for a National Title.

BCS/CFP National Title Game Appearances
1.) SEC (Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU)
*2.) BIG-12 (Nebraska*, Texas, Oklahoma)
3.) ACC (Clemson, Florida State)
**3.) Big East (Virginia Tech, Miami)
3.) PAC-12 (Oregon, USC)
6.) B1G (Ohio State)

*Were Big-12 members in 2001
**This conference is no longer exists in football)

So, the myth of the Big Ten’s supremacy is just that: a myth, at least as far as the virtual last quarter century is concerned.

Don't forget Rocky Top Tennessee

Dec 14, 2020, 1:44 PM

I believe Tennessee Won it all the first year of the BCS in 1998. I'm not trying to be a smart Butt. I just didn't see them on your list of Sec teams. Glad they are a non-factor these days

Dec 14, 2020, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: based on the comments, the bucknut fans clearly believe they ]

I believe Tennessee Won it all the first year of the BCS in 1998. I'm not trying to be a smart Butt. I just didn't see them on your list of Sec teams. Glad they are a non-factor these days

Dec 14, 2020, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: based on the comments, the bucknut fans clearly believe they ]

Dec 14, 2020, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: based on the comments, the bucknut fans clearly believe they ]

Dec 14, 2020, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Re: based on the comments, the bucknut fans clearly believe they ]

Dec 11, 2020, 6:39 PM

If nothing else, Dabo has given Day some pretty good bulletin board material if we do meet 031O State in the CFP.

He’s usually more savvy when it comes to knowing when to employ ‘coach speak’.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Just shows you he ain’t skerd!!!

Dec 11, 2020, 9:21 PM

As for our “ponder-ers”:

Rulz are still Important . . . Obey them, please . . . Or stop your “pondering”.

Go Tigers . . . Give’em h?ll Dabo!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ponder pondering...by a pond. ??***

Dec 12, 2020, 2:28 PM

Re: Just shows you he ain’t skerd!!!

Dec 12, 2020, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Just shows you he ain’t skerd!!! ]

WOW!I want to go pondering by the pond too!

Dec 12, 2020, 12:10 AM

I hope we get to see y'all in another matchup. Even though most of y'all (Dabo included) don't think we "deserve" to be in the CFP , you know who one of the best 4 teams are. And that's what the committee decides, right? Best team?

Florida is a good football team and Ohio State is left out if y'all win and Florida wins. Buckeyes would be favored by 11.5 against TAMU. Committee isn't ignoring them getting blown out by Alabama. Hope/pray we are y'all soon! Cheers! Go Bucks!

Dec 12, 2020, 12:27 AM

FL is not a good football team. They are mediocre at best on offense. Take away Pitts and it gets ugly quickly. On defense, they would probably destroy the BIG, aka, they are gawd awful.

Dec 12, 2020, 1:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo has absolutely broken the nut necklaces on 11 warriors. ]

The Bucks are one of the 4 best, but the games played ( a decision the the BIG made) presents an unlevel playing field for the playoff.

My initial thought when the season started was if they could get 8 I would be ok with the BIG winner if deserving to get a seat at the table.

I still feel this way so no they should not get in. Change conferences if you are that upset.

Is the name of the conference B1G or OH10?

Dec 12, 2020, 8:57 AM

The true blame lays squarely at the conference leadership when initially following the PAC 12 and now looking for the cash payout instead of looking out of all the conference student/athlete. The integrity of the B1G will only improve if leadership changes.

Dec 12, 2020, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo has absolutely broken the nut necklaces on 11 warriors. ]

I do think there's an unlevel playing field and I commented earlier in thread about that. I still don't think the committee is going to argue "fairness" leaving Ohio State out. Seems like a pretty "soft" argument when we're selecting the best teams to play in our sport's national championship during a pandemic.

Dec 12, 2020, 10:38 AM

I think it’s fair to say most Clemson fans would prefer OSU not make the playoff simply because they are definitely one of the 4 most talented teams.

Honestly, I’d rather face any other team in the semifinal besides OSU (and that includes Bama).

As far as resumes go though, obviously they had a much lower # of games and their best win would be the 6th best team in the SEC. Neither Penn State or IU were complete blowouts either. Had Wisconsin or Northwestern played this same schedule and had the same game outcomes, most likely they get stiffed.

Do I think OSU would have run the table with a full schedule? Probably, but to Dabo’s point, the importance and weight of the extra games is the additional opportunity for them to sit on their balls and drop a game to an inferior team like Purdue or Iowa, as they have done in the past.

Dec 12, 2020, 3:12 PM

This is why many Ohio State fans were disappointed in the #2 ranking knowing we'd get Clemson instead of OU in the semi final last year. I'd much rather see ND, TAMU, or Florida first round than Clemson or Bama.

Style points will matter next week against NW. We should blow them out and if we don't, we probably don't belong.

Dec 12, 2020, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo has absolutely broken the nut necklaces on 11 warriors. ]

This is why many Ohio State fans were disappointed in the #2 ranking knowing we'd get Clemson instead of OU in the semi final last year. I'd much rather see ND, TAMU, or Florida first round than Clemson or Bama.

Style points will matter next week against NW. We should blow them out and if we don't, we probably don't belong.

Dec 12, 2020, 4:13 PM

Don't worry ,if ya'll don't get in ya,ll can call it racism and have the left protest, loot, and burn, then Joe can issue an executive order and get ya'll in.Oh thats right the playoffs are before inauguration day.

Replies: 66
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic