Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ABC news
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 700

ABC news

Jan 24, 2021, 6:52 PM

ABC News tonight (Sunday 1/24/21). The story a “horrifying moment” when a police car ran through a crowd. This is how they led with the “disturbing video.”

The entire piece was about the police car and the people that were injured. My question is WHY ISN’T IT DISTURBING TO ANY OF YOU FCKING LIBS THAT THESE PEOPLE ARE RIOTING AND SURRROUNDING A POLICE CAR AND DESTROYING IT? This is freaking backwards and just shows for the millionth time why the left is totally out to lunch. Everyone. You have zero credibility.

This is one simple example of the way it has been for years. You people have been falling for this type of reporting for years upon years and you have no idea…

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ABC news

Jan 24, 2021, 6:55 PM

The whole scene is disturbing. I have no issue with what the cop did. He was being attacked.

Jan 24, 2021, 6:57 PM

Who has stolen Carlsbad's TNet userid and password? :)

Jan 24, 2021, 8:10 PM

What was the officer to do? I would have done the same. Media puts their spin on it failing to put blame on rioters.

Jan 24, 2021, 8:21 PM

have you dumb boomers not figured it out yet? The problem is not trump, it is not Biden, it does not matter who is in Power. The fact of the matter is there are a lot of angry people out there because we spent the last 40 years running a reverse mortgage on this country and pulling the ladder up behind future generations. They have to pay for your greed and recklessness with the economy and the environment and they are pizzed off.

Unfortunately, Trumpsters(aka rebranded tea baggers) are too ignorant to understand where the real problem lies. They are too busy blaming foreigners and liberals for 40 years of bad policy both parties signed on for. We get what we deserve.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2021, 8:42 PM

Well that’s an interesting theory.

Did it start with all the free stuff for non-citizens?

Jan 24, 2021, 8:56 PM [ in reply to Re: ABC news ]

Like food stamps, health care, cash assistance (free money), social security benefits, etc? Because i agree - that should stop immediately before the Boomers don't have anything left from the money they actually put into social security.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: Did it start with all the free stuff for non-citizens?

Jan 25, 2021, 12:49 AM

absolutely. We decided to put them on the credit card instead of paying for them. I am just trying to explain to you the generational and socio-economic animosity that drives the civil unrest. I don't exactly see wealthy people storming the capital or throwing maltoff cocktails through windows?

Like I said, it is not trump, and it not Biden, it is not the red team or Blue team. it is America turning its back on its own social contract of upward mobility for all that are willing to work hard. People are squeezed and conveniently pointing the finger in the wrong directions.

Jan 25, 2021, 5:53 AM

No it’s thugs and entitled brats that are rioting. Us boomers are to busy working 40+ hours a week.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Jan 25, 2021, 6:04 AM

Shouldn't they be retired?

Jan 25, 2021, 7:37 AM

Not all of us. But when I hit the lottery this week, well, you know - lottery! :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Jan 25, 2021, 7:57 AM

Maybe it is getting harder and harder for people to retire?

Jan 25, 2021, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Did it start with all the free stuff for non-citizens? ]

I'm only 45 so I guess I'm not a boomer but you get the point.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

I believe it, but when did the left figure it out? It's

Jan 24, 2021, 10:36 PM [ in reply to Re: ABC news ]

been "everything that happens s bad, and it is Trump's fault" and "everything Trump does is bad" for a long time now. So Biden is now accountable, and the same stuff happens, and now its about something called "disunity"? Yes, we knew it, but when did the left decide it? Jan 20, I think.

I think the "its the Prez's fault" line has a ways to go yet. The bed one makes doesn't go away over night.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe it, but when did the left figure it out? It's

Jan 25, 2021, 1:01 AM

i believe the unrest will only get worse. Biden is not some miracle pill that is going to make it all go away.

ABC news Is not NFL playoff football.***

Jan 24, 2021, 8:51 PM

Seriously...

Jan 25, 2021, 7:51 AM

What grown ### man was watching ABC News instead of Chiefs/Bills last night?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Who are you yelling at?

Jan 25, 2021, 7:55 AM

Who here has defended the people who surrounded the police car?

"You libs! You people on the left!"

Stop being a sputtering psycho and just have a conversation.

The ABC news article on it clearly explains that the officer was being attacked and feared for his safety.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Here is the video/report...

Jan 25, 2021, 8:12 AM

https://abcnews.go.com/Video

It's No. 6 on the scrolling window on the right.

I watched that video and I have to say, I don't get the reason for your outrage. That seemed like a pretty balanced story to me. They set the scene, they interviewed witnesses, they show video of the cop trying to go backwards first, they show the car being attacked/surrounded, and so on.

It doesn't seem like they ignored the fact that the mob was attacking the cop car.

And the tag line at the bottom reads "Police plows through crowd / Officer hits pedestrian while fearing for safety"

What specific part did you find objectionable?

Both are bad. Rioting and storming through the Capitol

Jan 25, 2021, 8:47 AM

is bad. Rioting and breaking store windows is bad. Rioting and pelting police officers or cars, is.....bad. Burning police stations and Wendy's restaurants.....is bad. Doing it in the name of preserving our republic, democracy, or attacking racism, the reason is irrelevant. It's bad. Period.

So should we all just pick a flavor of bad, assign it conditional goodness, and then obsess about the other side? Because that's what's happened. It's bad, period. I think absolutely no more, or less, of Viking Warrior in the Capitol, or looters at Wal-Mart. There is no moral equivalency. If something bad happens to someone bad, that's not necessarily good. The enemy of your enemy is NOT NECESSARILY your friend.

Just wish people thought about things more. I somehow am capable of watching the news to see what happened today. That's it. I don't care HOW they covered it, their feelings about it, what they think about it, their opinion about it, or anything else. It happened, fine. Thanks. Click channel when someone then decides to talk about their opinion about it. It happened, all I need to know really.

People should only watch the news, today really, to learn what happened today. If you watch it to hear an opinion, you're just red meat for someone's agenda.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 700
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic