Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did coaching cost Deshaun the Heisman?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Did coaching cost Deshaun the Heisman?

May 15, 2017, 1:01 PM

First let me start by saying that I feel we have one of the best coaching staffs in the country bar none. With that said, I honestly feel that Deshaun was let down by the coaching staff in one game in particular that cost him the Heisman. If you watched the Louisville game, the first half in particular we played them in the same manner as Houston did or even better. We probably gave Houston the blueprint to beating them. Deshaun was outstanding but was overshadowed by Mr. Jackson. This in my opinion happened because unlike Houston's coaching staff our coaching staff decided not to keep playing that aggressive style of defense in the second half which in turn allowed Mr. Jackson to pick apart our defense with his ability to run and pass. Then add in that the offense stopped being aggressive unlike Houston and untimely turnovers, we were unable to keep our defense off the field which put us at a tremendous disadvantage when our coaching staff finally decided to return the attacking style of defense. At that point our defense was spent in turn almost costing us the game. I feel if our coaching staff stayed the course in that game just as Houston did when they beat Louisville, Mr. Jackson's Heisman hopes would have diminished just as Mr. Fournettes' did a year earlier when he failed to show up against Alabama. This would have made Deshaun the front runner going forward. All things happen for a reason but I truly feel that Deshaun missing out onthe Heisman this year falls in most part in the hands of our coaches. What do guys think of my assessment?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fire Dabo!

May 15, 2017, 1:06 PM

Fire Elliott. Fire Scott.

At this point does it really matter? We won the Natty. What more do you want?

I think Watson was more determined to win the natty the way things worked out with the Heisman.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fire Dabo!

May 15, 2017, 1:15 PM

I just was stating my opinion not that anyone should loose their jobs. Regardless of how things turned out, I feel that Deshhaun missed out on the Heisman and why. Don't take it there my friend.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ahem

May 15, 2017, 1:21 PM

"Deshaun didn't miss out on the heisman. The heisman missed out on him."
-Dabo

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2017, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Fire Dabo! ]

I disagree with Jackson outplayed DW. Go back and look at the game stats. L'ville and Mr. J had the ball a WHOLE quarter longer than the Tigers. And yet...who had the Heisman moment? No, Jackson seduced the media and voters by leaping a 'Cuse defender and catching a FSU team that was still finding itself. Jackson won't even go to NYC this year...except as a prior winner.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2017, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Fire Dabo! ]

I was just being ridiculous because I think it's ridiculous to think that any coach on our team cost him the Heisman.

i think coaching helped put him in position to win it***

May 15, 2017, 1:15 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

I can agree with this

May 15, 2017, 1:17 PM

That game was probably the deciding factor for most voters trying to pick between DW4 and lavar.

FSU game won it for Jackson. Dominating victory.***

May 15, 2017, 3:17 PM

Re: Did coaching cost Deshaun the Heisman?

U of L' s offensive line was allowed to hold our D-line. That is how Jackson was not fully exposed the entire game, which has nothing to do with our coaching staff.

May 15, 2017, 3:30 PM

CU that's exactly how I remember it as well

It was the idiot voters. No one else.***

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: It was the idiot voters. No one else.***

May 15, 2017, 1:50 PM

It was the ESPN video run over and over of Jackson vaulting the Syracuse player that won him the Heisman by voters who probably never watched a game either one played.

Winner!***

May 15, 2017, 3:17 PM [ in reply to It was the idiot voters. No one else.*** ]

I see it this simply

May 15, 2017, 1:19 PM

We coached to win the game.
And we did.
Than we went on to win the conference.
And a playoff game.
And a second playoff game that gave us a National Championship.

Devising a game plan in order to get an individual player a personal accolade is a fool's errand, and one which is especially fruitless when you consider the nebulous and seemingly random standards of heisman voters. Honestly, we all KNEW he was the best college player last year; the best at winning games when it mattered. You can't convince some folks until they are forced to see (as is evidenced by the fact that votes were turned in before Watson had a chance to play his games rior to the ceremony).

No one let Watson down this year when it comes to the Heisman, and game planning to get him that award very well could have cost us the bigger, better, more important award. The dang national title.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Winner #2***

May 15, 2017, 3:19 PM

May 15, 2017, 1:24 PM

IMO if Watson had thrown a few less INTs and hit a few more deep balls last season he wins it going away.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ this. ^^^***

May 15, 2017, 2:53 PM

Watson's pics against NC State and Pitt hurt him most.***

May 15, 2017, 1:28 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Watson's pics against NC State and Pitt hurt him most.***

May 15, 2017, 1:52 PM

No

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Turnovers and some untimely 3 and outs made for a tired

May 15, 2017, 1:33 PM

D in the 2nd half.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2017, 1:37 PM

I can see where you are coming from but tbh DW second highest int number of any qb in the country I think hurt his hiesman chance. I def see that our coaching staff gets very conservative when we take a big lead I've seen in in many games so yes DW could have got more yards and stuff in those games. But it's hard to win the hiesman with 17 interceptions, I think that was the biggest reason he didn't win it. He had better passing numbers and bout same TDs the big difference in my mind was Jacksons rushing yards and DWs high int rate even tho they aren't all his fault like 5 were passes that hit the WR hands.

May 15, 2017, 1:40 PM

ESPN cost him the Heisman. That network determines who wins each year because they pimp one person early and never let up. I have written the Heisman Committee and suggested that they all resign for not doing the job they were entrusted to do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2017, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Did coaching cost Deshaun the Heisman? ]

If we would have continued hold Mr. Jackson at bey for that entire game, it is my honest opinion he would have won the Heisman with the number of interceptions he had. Remember Mr. Jackson would have only had one good showing against quality competition Florida State.

Deshaun had 17 ints in 15 games, two more games than most

May 15, 2017, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Did coaching cost Deshaun the Heisman? ]

other QBs played, and he had the same number of turnovers as Jackson(ints & fumbles). And again, he played two more games than Jackson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deshaun didn't miss out on the Heisman

May 15, 2017, 1:42 PM

The Heisman missed out on Deshaun. I thought we established this already...

Nope, it's my fault

May 15, 2017, 2:04 PM

I was telling my auburn alumni friend in the stands on the plains that we will be watching the future Heisman trophy winner.

Sorry I jinxed you Deshaun :/

The National media cost Watson the Heisman...

May 15, 2017, 2:11 PM

by effectively awarding the trophy to Lamarville three weeks into the season.

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Let me preface my statement by saying the team comes first.

May 15, 2017, 2:14 PM

Dabo took his foot off the gas in all but the championship game. His ultimate goal was reached so I refuse to entertain any criticism of him or the way he got his team ready to go the distance and win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jackson won the Heisman because he was left in games late

May 15, 2017, 2:18 PM

where they were blowing out the opponent and he racked up stats. Watson was pulled because it is what's best for the team and shows sportsmanship.
Heck, with the people who are associated with the Heisman, we should be glad Clemson doesn't have its named attached to it.

I'd say it was more of the ESPN hype machine

May 15, 2017, 2:25 PM

and the low info voters. LJ racked up a bunch of gaudy stats early in the year against some pretty weak defenses. I think FSU was the best they faced till us and they weren't really that good.

He was the offense for UL, he made some spectacular plays, and he played in a lot of garbage time that DW4 would have been watching from the bench.

ESPN hyped him so much that by the time he fell off and DW4 started showing what we all knew he was, most voters had already made up their mind. Water under the bridge now.

I'd rather have 2 dominating championship games against the "best team of all time" with a W in one, than 2 Heismans and nothing else

I truly think if Watson doesn't throw that INT against PITT

May 15, 2017, 2:43 PM

that he would have won it. I also would have won 4,000 dollars because I bet on him before the season. I bet on him back to back seasons actually.

Shatty me-too sheeple journalist cost him the Heisman

May 15, 2017, 2:47 PM

They'd jump off a cliff too if the other sheeple were.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did coaching win Deshaun a national championship?

May 15, 2017, 3:19 PM

nm

I don't think there is any doubt that this is the case

May 15, 2017, 3:27 PM

Dabo needs to evaluate his own performance if he's ever going to help a player win the Heisman because he definitely let Deshaun down

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

The fact that Dabo takes our players to church, has baptisms

May 15, 2017, 8:39 PM

at their requests on the practice field, suspends players for breaking team rules ( That other famous coaches do not suspend them for)........if that is what you mean by coaching, then by all means, I agree. I think that cost DW more votes than any interception he threw this year.Just my opinion. But, I believe it.

Paragraphs***

May 15, 2017, 8:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2017, 9:45 PM

Everyone in the country except the Heisman Selection Committee knows that DW4 won the Heisman. We just haven't told them yet - and probably won't. Let them dwell in their ignorance.

May 15, 2017, 10:07 PM

Yep. Fire them all. They only won the Marty. If they were good coaches, they would have done better.

Re: Frankly, not much.***

May 16, 2017, 11:48 AM

Um, less than stellar first half of season and Int's

May 16, 2017, 12:13 PM

while LJ was running amuck thru defenses. Pretty simple.

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic