Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did Ohio St deny Feilds proper medical attention?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Did Ohio St deny Feilds proper medical attention?

Jan 3, 2021, 8:50 PM

Feilds is quoted as saying that he never got a diagnosis from the team doctors, nor. any doctor for that matter. Feilds says that his entire right side is sore today., along without also saying "that's messed up". Did Day and Buckeyes put the future and the health of a student at risk for their own personal vendetta? Some may even say that Day and OSU sold their soul for revenge.

https://sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/justin-fields-didn-t-medical-151514214.html
https://s.yimg.com/uu/api/res/1.2/on1QW045e8j7U8yoN_e_mA--~B/aD0yNjE1O3c9MzYwMDthcHBpZD15dGFjaHlvbg--/https://media.zenfs.com/en/touchdown_wire_usa_today_sports_articles_829/705d1d4b3640fa1aedc232642aefeb30">

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did Ohio St deny Feilds proper medical attention?

Jan 3, 2021, 8:58 PM

He said they just shot him full of pain killers and sent him back out with no diagnosis. Shows the level that they will go to win a game. I would have to think hard about sending my son to a meat factory like OSU.

Jan 3, 2021, 10:03 PM

You can bet your sweet a$$ that Alabama will go after that side. He will be lucky to finish the game.

Jan 3, 2021, 8:59 PM

Absolutely no doubt

they don't anyone to confirm that the rib is broken***

Jan 3, 2021, 9:02 PM

Jan 3, 2021, 9:20 PM

I’m a retired MD. I watched that hit and cringed. At a minimum, Fields probably needed a chest X ray to rule out fractured ribs. He did not appear to be short of breath at the time, but he could have had the beginnings of a collapsed lung that if present could have acutely worsened. That hit could also have led to kidney trauma. Perhaps he had an X ray at halftime? Perhaps he had a urine check to potentially rule out a kidney injury? I was very surprised with the magnitude and location of the hit that Fields wasn’t taken out of the game and had at least a minimal evaluation .One of my active colleagues called and said he figured Fields would be urinating bloody urine. If so, he would have needed a CT scan. I presume he never had bloody urine?

I get it that Fields and the team both were caught up in the moment, but that was a traumatic hit that deserved some attention in the locker room. I will say, I was and am impressed with the kid’s toughness.

However, the medical staff should have done a thorough exam, some X-rays, and at least a urinalysis.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 9:25 PM

I’m no MD, but I did stay at a holiday inn once and that hit deserved an X-ray. Especially after the way he was wincing in pain after the next series.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 9:32 PM

Good points Ron.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Did Ohio St deny Feilds proper medical attention? ]

Yes, the medical staff didn’t know what they didn’t know. If the kid had had a fractured rib, there’s nothing really to be done for that in and of itself, but had the rib or ribs been fractured in a certain way, further trauma could have potentially have led to a collapsed lung and/ or significant kidney injury. He should have been taken out of the game at least for a while to evaluate him. If the medical staff just shot him up without trying to assess for damage, they were negligent. That’s a very big word in the medical- legal world.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was reported that there was no xray at halftime.

Jan 3, 2021, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Did Ohio St deny Feilds proper medical attention? ]

No medical attention other than a few painkiller shots --- according to Fields.

Let the OSU recruits learn that their health does not matter. Win at all costs. Players are expendable. That's the message OSU had on display at the Sugar Bowl.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Did Ohio St deny Feilds proper medical attention? ]

This Feilds that we are discussing here. The same guy who had to leave Georgia because of a "racial" slur directed at him while attending a baseball game. That's if I recall that correctly. Now Feilds is outing the Buckeye training staff by literally saying they never offered a diagnosis and that the staff #### him up full of pain killers.

I'm not sure what he is referencing when saying "that's messed up". Was he referring to not being given a diagnosis and just shots or that he that he hurts so bad that it's messed up? No clarification on that. This could soon out of control quickly, but it will be kept on the low until after January 11th. At least that would be the hopes of OSU anyway.

Jan 3, 2021, 10:24 PM

For the knee jerk reactors who decided to give a thumbs down instead of giving the above post extra thought, I guess it may take some spelling out for you to comphrend. That or I will just give you another shot at showing how fast you thumbs down trigger button really is.??.

I don't know what happened in Georgia, but I know what was said. I don't know what happened in that tent on Friday night, but I know what I read. If this story does indeed become a more "popular" discussion amongst the media and sports fans in general, then Feilds character will come into play. Like it or not. The incident at Georgia will be brought up. You may want to plug your ears and cover your eyes because your thumbs down trigger finger won't be able to do your talking

Jan 3, 2021, 11:08 PM

So last night wasn't humiliating enough for you, you are going to cyber stalk me now and thumbs down all my posts? Go for it. Just shows how much you think about me. I'm flattered. Truly. Just click on my name and go through my posts. Never dropped under 100% in 6 years, until you took a fancy to me. Wow, what a privilege to be stalked by the thumbs down bandit....

don't forget....I know your name

Cryin' Day said it himself...

Jan 4, 2021, 8:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Did Ohio St deny Feilds proper medical attention? ]

Coming back out after the half, Day told the sideline reporter that he specifically told Fields he had to play in the second half.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jan 3, 2021, 10:06 PM

It takes two to tango. Fields could have refused to go back on the field. Players have no problem being vocal on other things. They have to learn to be vocal with their health as well. If an X-ray was not done, we have not heard the end of this story. There are concussion protocols that have to be followed. We are about to see other protocols implemented as well. I will say that was the grittiest play by an athlete that I have seen in awhile.

The silence from the sanctimonious sports media is deafening

Jan 3, 2021, 10:09 PM

Not one story on ESPN or any other mainstream sports media outlet on this whole issue. Guess they don't want to do anything that puts Ohio State in a negative light...

I imagine by now that Ohio State has given Fields a full medical exam and that he has checked out OK but the "rub some dirt on it and give him a pain killer" attitude displayed by the Ohio State medical and coaching staff during the game was careless at best. I can't imagine that most teams would not have sent the QB into the locker room for a quick X-ray out of an abundance of caution. I guess revenge trumps caution for Ohio State - even when it comes to a key players health and welfare.

One thing you can be sure of - the Bama defense is going to give Fields' right side some special attention a week from Monday. They tried taking DW4 out in 2017 and I see no reason Bama won't do the same to Fields - especially knowing that he is already beat up on his right side.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The silence from the sanctimonious sports media is deafening

Jan 4, 2021, 12:14 AM

What makes you think any medical exam would be made public? Any finding that could be used against him would definitely be kept quiet - just as we did for DJU’s shoulder injury.

Re: The silence from the sanctimonious sports media is deafening

Jan 4, 2021, 8:21 AM [ in reply to The silence from the sanctimonious sports media is deafening ]

David Hale did pick up on it, so there's one more.

https://twitter.com/ADavidHaleJoint/status/1345247806366375936

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

they were playing Clemson,that was notes important at the

Jan 3, 2021, 10:31 PM

time

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what? there's no "protocol" for when a guy gets a helmet in

Jan 3, 2021, 10:34 PM

his back?

See this OUTKICK Article

Jan 3, 2021, 10:40 PM

https://www.outkick.com/profootballdoc-justin-fields-injection-in-tent-leads-to-career-day-and-controversy/

Fields: “They didn’t really tell me anything … I took like a shot or two in in the tent and just ran back out there … they didn’t really give me a diagnosis at all.”

Article: Certainly this is not a good look. After all this is college athletics. Even in the professional ranks there needs to be more conversation.

Found this on OSU site. DOCTOR says hit was not targeting:

Jan 3, 2021, 10:49 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UXutAr4gao&feature=youtu.be

Other factors:
1. Fields actually ran into Skalski
2. If Skalski has not lowered his head, Fields' helmet would have hit Skalski's helmet.

Why didn't the refs take those FACTS into consideration?

Jan 3, 2021, 10:41 PM

Reminds me when Fairley gave the cheap shot to Kyle Parker into the back. He was wincing just the same with our coach throwing him back out to the wolves. He definitely was not the same after that late hit. Fairley would’ve been ejected today.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 10:46 PM

I don't recall Parker telling reporters that the Clemson medical staff didn't say anything, no diagnosis and just gave him a couple of shots for pain.

That is the story here. Feilds is making this an issue. I would not be surprised to see 1-4 St try to distance themselves from Feilds as soon as the title game ends.

He got plenty of medical attention..... bet they didn't want

Jan 4, 2021, 8:52 AM

any drug tests after the game.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic