Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did Lamar get a really good draft grade or really bad advice?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Did Lamar get a really good draft grade or really bad advice?

Apr 27, 2019, 3:57 PM

Thought he would have been drafted by now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe neither. I suspect he was advised that he wasn't

Apr 27, 2019, 4:07 PM

likely to improve his draft status by coming back to Clemson for another year. That may have been good advice.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Maybe neither. I suspect he was advised that he wasn't

Apr 27, 2019, 4:16 PM

Just curious, did he get his degree? I know he’s a smart young man and that he was going to pursue an engineering degree based on his recruiting notes from high school. At this point, leaving school early looks like a mistake, but if he leaves with an engineering degree in hand (as well as the knowledge he is unlikely to increase his draft status) then how could anyone fault him?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I honestly don't know, but if he wants to play in the NFL,

Apr 27, 2019, 4:24 PM

this may be his best chance. If he doesn't make it and really wants to be an engineer, he can always come back and still do that. He may or may not be making a mistake, but we can't assume that he is because he hasn't been drafted (yet) or may not have his degree.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I honestly don't know, but if he wants to play in the NFL,

Apr 27, 2019, 4:29 PM

Yeah, was just curious about the degree. He’s a solid player and seems to be a great kid. So many stories of kids leaving early for the pros with the intention to finish their degree later who never do so. For a player who is unlikely to improve their draft status (and that status is late round or free agent) they are probably equally as unlikely to hurt their draft status by staying and completing their degree. Not saying whether or not he made a mistake, just pointing out time tested wisdom.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No***

Apr 27, 2019, 6:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe neither. I suspect he was advised that he wasn't ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like your name, had they graded on smiles, he'd be a 1st rd pick***

Apr 27, 2019, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Maybe neither. I suspect he was advised that he wasn't ]

If he’s NOT getting drafted this year,

Apr 27, 2019, 6:00 PM [ in reply to Maybe neither. I suspect he was advised that he wasn't ]

how could coming back for a chance to work harder and prove his worth NOT raise his draft stock? Because apparently this year his draft stock is worthless.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did Lamar get a really good draft grade or really bad advice?

Apr 27, 2019, 4:20 PM

I never saw him projected very highly. He struggles in coverage which is a necessity for LBs in today's NFL (see Ben Boulware), and NFL scouts are very aware of who else played on your team in college. And there's no denying that playing behind an NFL D-Line helped him a lot. Some guys peak a "good college player." Still means they're better than like 95% of the people playing football right now.

Apr 27, 2019, 4:51 PM

Ben B played a lot of football but didn’t get selected

Tre “didn’t” play much FB and hasn’t got picked yet—he just didn’t play enough.

Tre isn’t fast, but that’s not essential. Hunter R doesn’t have speed, but played a lot, with heart and tirelessly. Just didn’t see that with Tre. Tre’s a great person and specimen, but needs to show he’s got stamina and heart one more year at CU.

Still wish Tre the best

Apr 27, 2019, 6:08 PM

4.95 is too slow though. He probably would have been fine in 1985.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic