Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did Clay Webb drop us? Why is every one saying we are a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Did Clay Webb drop us? Why is every one saying we are a

Dec 10, 2018, 12:36 AM

Long shot now?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did Clay Webb drop us? Why is every one saying we are a

Dec 10, 2018, 1:02 AM

I think the consensus is that Clemson was always a "longshot" to land Webb, but the recent chatter revolved around Dabo canceling his in home with Webb.

Is that true? No idea but the guys over at sts seem to think so and that Georgia is now his leader. Then Anna Hickey switches her CB from Clemson to someone else....not sure who as it's "VIP".

What does this all mean? Who the hell knows, but usually where there's smoke there's fire so I wouldn't count on Webb being part of the 19 signing class.

Someone else on here posted that NC State just lost their OLine coach so I was wondering if the coaches might take a look at OT Triston Miller from Charlotte. He's a high 3 star but beggars can't be choosers at this point.

Message was edited by: TigerSaul

Message was edited by: TigerSaul

Webb is going to UGA

Dec 10, 2018, 6:10 AM

Dabo cancelled in home because we were out of it

Re: Webb is going to UGA

Dec 10, 2018, 7:30 AM

Yep. When the in home was cancelled that pretty much put an end to Clemson's chances. It appears that the family ties to UGA are just too much to overcome.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2018, 7:40 AM

Anna Hickey did put in her crystal ball for Putnam to Clemson this morning which is a positive sign.

But the Webb ship has sailed. Reported that we’ve changed Cooper Dawson’s greyshirt offer to a full blown offer so now he’s going to have to choose between being an FCS DL or Clemson OT.

Dec 10, 2018, 7:43 AM

That’s great news. First CB for Putnam, first indication we have more than a snowball’s chance. And if the staff believes in Dawson we all should too.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2018, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: Webb is going to UGA ]

well it is over then. 24/7 has spoken. the worst hack site on the net.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2018, 7:56 AM

If you know who to pay attention to the 247 CB’s can be a useful tool. Good way to track momentum on certain prospects.

Hickey normally doesn’t put one in unless she has good intel so she is one that I trust on Clemson targets.

At the end of the day you’re still trying to predict the decisions of 17-18 yo’s who aren’t known as the most predictable and level-headed bunch (trading on personal experiences)

Dec 10, 2018, 8:03 AM

never have liked their site since the hack corey fravel put out all the total bullsh!t info on chad morris. all that site is looking for is hits.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2018, 8:08 AM

Unfortunately that’s what most websites have become nowadays. I don’t put a lot of stock in their reporting but the CB’s and the composite rankings I’ve found are helpful

Christian Wilkins had zero CBs to Clemson

Dec 10, 2018, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Webb is going to UGA ]

92% Penn St 8% Oh st

But Webb is a dawg pay no attention to sites that sell hype

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2018, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Webb is going to UGA ]

Not exactly recruiting against FCS. He has offers from Syracuse, Vanderbilt, and other group of 5 schools. Not exactly who we usually recruit against but not scraping the bottom of the barrel.

I coached Cooper when he was younger. I'm not sure what type of o-line prospect he will be but he is an absolutely great kid from a Clemson family! I hope he chooses the Tigers for that reason.

His twitter account still lists him as a TE/DE so I'm not sure he has given up the idea of somebody letting him play defense in college which is what he said he wanted to do early in the process. I think that's what the smaller schools want him to play.

Dec 10, 2018, 9:56 AM

I never thought we had a chance with him. We don't generally land OL like that.

Dec 10, 2018, 11:16 AM

Jackson Carmen says hello!!

He was a ‘lock’ to OSU, so....

It ain’t over till ink hits the paper!

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2018, 11:21 AM

That's why I said generally. We generally don't. Carmen was a great surprise. I do feel like we will be stepping it up some though.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic