Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If we go 13-0 and Oregon does the same we should jump them
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,805

If we go 13-0 and Oregon does the same we should jump them

Sep 15, 2013, 10:30 PM

Yeah, I know. "FOCUS". Let's talk hypotheticals here. Looking at our record and Oregon's record I don't see how we we wouldn't jump them in the event that both teams go undefeated. We're going to face 3 top 15 teams this year. They play UCLA, Washington, and Stanford. It'll be close, but I just don't see how we don't jump them.

Ideally, 'Bama would drop one and it would be the two of us in the MNC. The over/under would be 289.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we go 13-0 and Oregon does the same we should jump them

Sep 15, 2013, 10:32 PM

It all depends on where FSU and USUCK are when we play them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate to pull for USuCk but if it helps Clemson win it

Sep 15, 2013, 10:38 PM

all I will do it.....plus don't forget we would beat 4 ranked teams with a win over Miami in Charlotte!! : )

your "pulling" for scar has no bearing on the outcome

Sep 16, 2013, 3:47 AM

of Clemson. Pull for them all you want to, but you won't change the outcome of their games, which has very little to do with Clemson anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hate to pull for USuCk but if it helps Clemson win it

Sep 16, 2013, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Hate to pull for USuCk but if it helps Clemson win it ]

> all I will do it.....plus don't forget we would beat
> 4 ranked teams with a win over Miami in Charlotte!!
> : )

I will never pull for Usuck ever. I dont' care how much it would benefit us.

DependS on the ACC and PAC-12 championship games

Sep 15, 2013, 10:46 PM

That would be the fourth toughest opponent that either would play. Lot of football to go though. I kind of doubt any teams go undefeated this year. They all look to have some issues.

If rather play Bama than Oregon...***

Sep 15, 2013, 10:59 PM

Every year this becomes a moot point around week 8,9,10?***

Sep 15, 2013, 10:53 PM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, but until we get there.......***

Sep 15, 2013, 10:54 PM

A couple things need to play out for this to happen

Sep 15, 2013, 11:04 PM

Miami and GT need to keep winning. SC and FSU will speak for themselves and will be top-15 match ups regardless of how their seasons go (unless something drastic happens). As of now an Oregon W vs Stanford is about as equal as a Clemson W vs UGA. If we can get GT to creep into the top 25 and Miami to stay in the 11-18 range (doubt they will enter top 10), we should be fine. This leaves Oregons top 25 matchups being...
1. Stanford (top 5-10)
2. UCLA (top 10-15)
3. Washington (top 15-20)
4. ASU in Championship (top 20-25)

Clemson's would be as follows...
1. UGA (top 5)
2. FSU (top 10)
3. GT (top 20-25)
4. SC (top 10-15)
5. Miami (top 15-20)

The key here is for GT to keep winning, because that would give us a crucial extra top 25 W. But most importantly, Clemson needs to take care of business.

And an Oregon L along the way would be nice too. ;)

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2013, 11:12 PM

I posted sonething similar. Sorry bud. I didn't realize u had already. My bad.

Sep 16, 2013, 12:19 AM

I believe we would jump them because by the end of the year uga should be top ten...if we beat fsu that would mean we had beat 2 top ten teams and if usc crawls back into the top ten and we beat them that is 3 top ten teams we had beat and not to mention if Miami keeps winning the could be a top ten team by the time the acc championship game comes along that is 4 top ten teams and if we are undefeated obviously that means we would be 4 and 0 against top ten teams.. Oregon plays Stanford, ucla and washingon and then if they beat Stanford they will probably play ucla again in their conference championship and I think the three tough teams we play in the reg season are a lot tougher than the three "tough" teams they play in the reg season. but then again I don't think bama beats lsu either. so we will see. time will tell.

We would deserve it

Sep 16, 2013, 12:36 AM

Beating two sec teams should hold some weight. And a win over fsu shouldn't be overlooked, as they should beat flurda. I'd say we played a tougher schedule.

Whats horigons best win gonna be? Stanford? Horigon State? A Pac12cg win over a mediocre ASU or UCLA? Please.

If it pans out, we'd have wins over 2 sec folks, fswho, and perhaps an overrated miami tropical storm team. But nonetheless the u would in fact be rated, that is of course if it happens.

How could they vote us three? It'd be a joke. But not surprising. We'd deserve it. But then again, aubie deserved a shot in 04 but was overlooked. Yes, an undefeated team was overlooked and a one loss oklahoma team played for it. And got destroyed.

If we...

Sep 16, 2013, 2:27 AM

Win out we will be in the big game, no question.

You have to consider we would have beat the sec east champs, because it's likely to be uga, if they slip it's scar. Would not be shocked if either could knock off Bama in seccg.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,805
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic