Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Belt.net
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 691

Belt.net

Jul 18, 2018, 1:23 PM

Spent years surviving on various forms of the Target(ish) $20(ish) leather belts, for whatever. Work clothes, shorts, etc. A coupla 2-3 years ago, I grabbed a Patagucci Tech Web on sale for $14, and it was a gamechanger. No-holes "cinch" belt is roughly 2,700 times better than a belt with holes in it, primarily because you can tighten it to EXACTLY where it needs to be. Science dictates that you're going to be at least .5"-1" fatter when you walk out of Taco Tuesday lunch than you were when you left the house in the morning. The problem with the Tech Web is that it's casual, and doesn't work with "work" clothes.

But it's the best thing going for shorts, jeans, etc.

Then, totally randomly and not a result of Google/Buddybook AI algorithms and CIA snooping, ads for a company called Grip6 started popping up late last year. I'm like "these look legit". I ordered some. They're legit, so my spidey-sense is still working. I heart them, especially since it looks like I'll be back to putting on work clothes occasionally after 5+ years of conference calls in boxer briefs.

https://grip6.com/

$35 might seem a bit pricey for a belt, but if some stupid $20-30 leather belt is wearing out after 2-3 years of shitty-fitting belt work before biting the dust, then it kinda makes sense. And the buckles and straps are all interchangeable, which makes them EVEN BETTER.

I noticed that they did custom engraving, so I axed if they could do a proof with a few buckle logos. Here's what I got this morning:

So yeah, I'll have the only ones of these in existence this fall, because I couldn't not order them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thats awesome

Jul 18, 2018, 1:27 PM

you'll also appreciate the utility of a

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, I can see how those are related.***

Jul 18, 2018, 1:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You could get something like this:

Jul 18, 2018, 1:34 PM

https://www.amazon.com/Mission-Belt-Mens-Ratchet-Leather/dp/B0161REQKK/ref=sr_1_5?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1531934780&sr=1-5&nodeID=7141123011&psd=1&keywords=mission+belt&dpID=41tFZl86oPL&preST=_SX342_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

That doesn't look like the tire straps for my lawn mower lift.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lawn mower lift?

Jul 18, 2018, 1:59 PM

Are you weak?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My lawn mower literally weighs a ton***

Jul 18, 2018, 3:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is it full of excuses, too?***

Jul 18, 2018, 4:42 PM

NICE***

Jul 18, 2018, 4:42 PM

or a seatbelt belt

Jul 18, 2018, 2:06 PM [ in reply to You could get something like this: ]

https://shop.buckle-down.com/collections/all

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mustang

Jul 18, 2018, 2:09 PM

you owe me a quarter mile belt

Jul 18, 2018, 2:20 PM

#FatPeopleThings

I've seen some douchenozzles carry messenger bags w/ those

Jul 18, 2018, 2:09 PM [ in reply to or a seatbelt belt ]

on the strap.

@NineteenBee®

I seent it two.***

Jul 18, 2018, 2:13 PM

This, so much this***

Jul 18, 2018, 3:45 PM [ in reply to You could get something like this: ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deerest 19Buttholes

Jul 18, 2018, 1:39 PM

While your buckle and grip6 is world class for casual, might I suggest:

https://www.trafalgarstore.com/

For work attire.

YWIA

What color tech web belt? Imma think about it for work, but

Jul 18, 2018, 1:41 PM

i wear brown shoes so a black/dark grey is a no go. But the tan looks kinda terrible IMO. TOO MUCH THOUGHT IS GOING INTO THIS.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have black, grey, and green.

Jul 18, 2018, 1:45 PM

The problem, at least imo, is the buckle--that's what makes it look too casual for an office. It probably lands on the side of being roughly ok with khakis and a polo (and who wears polos anyway?), but pretty decidedly NOT ok with dress pants and button up shirt.

Belt diva.***

Jul 18, 2018, 2:13 PM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, mission belts

Jul 18, 2018, 3:47 PM [ in reply to I have black, grey, and green. ]

All you need. It's leather and infinitely adjustable and looks like something grown ups wear.

Or you could go with the kind 9-year olds wear and get the stuff you wanted.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wear an Eagle Creek belt to work almost every day.

Jul 18, 2018, 2:23 PM [ in reply to What color tech web belt? Imma think about it for work, but ]

Because I have zero fornications to give about what someone thinks is 'too casual' for the office. And when they DO find the testicular fortitude to say something to me, THAT is when I will add a new bleached skull to my drinkware cabinet to leisurely sip my nightly libations from.

https://shop.eaglecreek.com/travel-necessities/all-terrain-money-belt.html

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty nice. One question though - where do you hold the

Jul 18, 2018, 2:12 PM

####?

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not OP, but I'd guess same place as always.

Jul 18, 2018, 2:15 PM

the mouf?

The Mission Belt is the belt that changed the belt.

Jul 18, 2018, 2:19 PM

https://missionbelt.com/collections/ncaa/products/clemson-belt?variant=1102881392

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like these for casual wear belts

Jul 18, 2018, 3:20 PM

https://www.arcadebelts.com/product-category/adventure-belts/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 691
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic