Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Deer savvy investors.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 302

Deer savvy investors.

Nov 19, 2019, 3:32 PM

What happens with the major holders of stock when companies merge.

I'm talking the individuals with thousands of shares that were involved in making the deal. It seems that the stock price would crash pretty hard if those folks sell all of theirs at once.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CALLING DANE!!!!!!!!***

Nov 19, 2019, 3:36 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Deer savvy investors.

Nov 19, 2019, 3:38 PM

Typically there is a "lock-up" period where "insiders" of the company cannot sell their shares for a period of days. Depending on how the deal is structured they may not sell for 90, 120, 180, etc days after the deal is closed and the stocks starts trading on the market at the combined company.

Same thing for IPO's........need to pay close attention to the lock up period on these as well. Example..........start up Tech company goes public. Most employees may not sell their new "fortune" of stock for say 90 days after trading. On that 91st day guess what happens many times?..............

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see. I didn't know if maybe some of the

Nov 19, 2019, 3:43 PM

biggest players didn't give up their stock in exchange for cash in the deal. That way they can ride off into the sunset and the next group of major players still be set up for their turn.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I see. I didn't know if maybe some of the

Nov 19, 2019, 5:20 PM

Depends on the deal.

Say you own shares of the company that is acquired. The company buying you may give you shares of new company, cash for your shares, or a combination.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 302
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic