Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Dec 14, 2020, 7:58 AM

Friday night, Sharkgirl's work had a holiday get together. Green egg fired pizzas and beer. It was a better time than I thought,

Saturday, up early to cook a butt and some ribs. Timed it nearly perfectly as thing were ready to pull off then the fire died for the last time.

Sunday, my dad and his sweet lady came up to enjoy the labors from Saturday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Missed that Tiger Footyball!

Dec 14, 2020, 8:05 AM

Dinner in Murderburg Fri nite with many old frens from the hood, good food and wine, catching up..
Yard work Sat, mostly leaf harvesting but they seemed to grow right back after I gathered all of them up and took them to their resting place!
Dinner at the casa with frens fro new hood and Six Mile ridge. Too much ritas and wine!
No, not really...went to see gkids try to climb giant Xmas tree Sunday. One last week of pretending to work in 2020. Good riddance!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Friday I don't remember.

Dec 14, 2020, 8:07 AM

Saturday: I don't remember

Sunday: Spent most of the evening arguing about whether it's Perlow, Peliau, or Chicken Bog.

Hell it must have been a good weekend if I don't remember half of it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

It was fantastic

Dec 14, 2020, 8:07 AM

Friday - good dinner with wife and kids. Nothing crazy.

Saturday - after breakfast and swimming, kids stayed and grandparents all day. I put a hitch on my Jeep and then drank beer and watched football the rest of the day. Filet for dinner with the wife, rolled in sheets and went to bed.

Sunday - lazy morning, then took kids to play date with some friends. Watched a lot of football and drank a lot of tequila. Italian meatballs for dinner with noodles. Got into argument with wife, she went to bed early. I just watched football and surfed the net.

Next weekend will be EPIC, so holding out for Friday.

Lots of running - 10/10
Lots of kid time - 10/10
Lots of no kid time - 10/10
Good food - 10/10
Weather was brutal cold yesterday - 9/10

Overall - 9.5/10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ate ###### food, drank ###### beer, practiced my fat & lazy

Dec 14, 2020, 8:08 AM

skills

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Aight.

Dec 14, 2020, 8:18 AM

Friday: threw some axes and shot some pellets at leftover pumpkins.

Saturday: went to Christmas parade in the morning, wasn't too crowded so errybody able to reasonably socially distance and stay safe(ish). Stopped by some frans' house that night for a few outdoor firepit dranks. Got 45% toastier than I planned or expected to.

Sunday: felt the after-effects of Saturday toastiness. 600mg of ibuprofen and an hour took care of that nonsense. Blew and bagged leaves, ran mower over backyard, and cut padding and carpet for 8'x5' closet because tired of looking at concrete. Almost have it finished. Stretching carpet is a pain in the dick. I remember what the point of paying people for this skill is.

7.1/10, would do the fun parts again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Dec 14, 2020, 8:22 AM

Kind of shyatty. Having some heart issues. Other than feeling like I have an issue with it that seems to feeling worse, all is just wonderful.

Exceptional example of end of week activity.

Dec 14, 2020, 8:25 AM

Thursday, hung out and did a lot of nothing all morning while the contractors finished up inside the house. Afternoon, hit the liquor store and a couple of other errands, back home to play bass for an hour or so, cooked supper, drank beers, then watched football.

Friday, a full and complete day of Christmas shopping with my pal orangecadillac. This somewhere in the neighborhood of a 25 year tradition where we knock out all remaining shopping, talk Clemson athletics,, laugh a LOT, and eat like kings with a big lunch and big supper at good restaurants. Left around 10:30 in the morning, got back around 10:30 at night. Had an absolute blast.

Saturday, coffee, hike with pup, watch football, a visit to RH Mom, then back home for a quick sandwich, grab bass, and head to the band Christmas party LOUD electric jam. Our regular drummer has a broken thumb, but the fill in drummer was our part time rhythm guitarist. Turns out, he's not only a good guitarist but a very competent drummer (as well as a Charlotte radio personality, which is why he's part time with us). Again, had a great time and got in the bed around 1:30 am.

Sunday, slept late, got up and drank lots of coffee, then off to grocery store. Home to give the stinky pup a bath since it was 70 degrees outside. Long walk to dry off, then back to cook pork chops and roasted veggies. Worked on a couple of new tunes we agreed to try next practice for about an hour, then flopped into the Big Chair with the dog and the cat for the rest of the night.

There's really nothing more I can say except 19/19 Covids.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Need some more detail please.....

Dec 14, 2020, 9:16 AM

Did John Boy say "Hey ya'll, watch this" every time before he did an elaborate fill?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Dec 14, 2020, 8:26 AM

Friday: did nothing

Saturday: continued working in the attic clearing out things and laying new plywood flooring. Trip to Goodwill. Watched UNC/Miami and Safety.

Sunday: trip to Cosco

9/10

Long and relaxing

Dec 14, 2020, 8:32 AM

Friday: Had the day off, so I drove 2.5 hours to Richmond for some bourbon and beer. Started waiting out in line for an hour, then drove around downtown Richmond like a madman swiping all of the Blantons I could. Ended up driving out to Montpelier, back down to Chester for my final stop of the day. I grabbed a pretty good haul. The Stagg Jr was from a swap I made with a friend when I got back into town

Saturday: Played with CRulezJr all day. A friend came over to grab the Makers 2020 Limited I grabbed for him. I typically don't like Makers, even their 46/private select lines... but this bottle was great. If you see a PR4xSR5, pick one up. We had EHT Barrel Proof, EHT Single Barrel, EC 18, Belle Meade Reserve, and Rittenhouse Rye. Its a sugar cookie dough bomb. Had takeout from a local brewery and relaxed with Red.

Sunday: Played with CRulezJr for a few hours. Blew the leaves off the back yard. Then went over to another friends place for an outdoor, socially distanced tasting. We had George T. Stagg, Stagg Jr, Yippe Ki Yay, 1792 High Rye, Midwinter Nights Dram, Old Forester Single Barrel, KC Single Barrel Rye, and a Charleston Store pick of Old Scout. Cooked burgers for Red and I, then we cozied up and tried to watch, "The Holiday" together, but fell asleep.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

started off kind of crappy but ended well.

Dec 14, 2020, 8:38 AM

Friday: Off, went to put Christmas tree on my girls grave. Young lady I was seeing kind of called it off Tuesday morning but kept texting. I told her Friday I was moving on and wished her well. She called and wanted to work things out. Kind of drank to much.

Saturday: Went shopping with said girl. Had a great time. Worked very little. Ate, little tv, read and bed.

Sunday: Worked early, ate lunch with mom. Had a great time. Picked up son, played golf, grilled salmon, corn and made rice. played with son, read, tv, bed.

Can't wait for Saturday for the Tigers to play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, The Tigers didn't play but I didn't die.

Dec 14, 2020, 8:39 AM

Pretty meh weekend, other than the great weather.

6/10 (+5.3957 for the weather)

That is all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Mountain weekend with wife and frands

Dec 14, 2020, 8:40 AM

Was real good. Hiking, hot tub, watched Safety, Clemson basketball, steaks.

Not bad

Dec 14, 2020, 8:55 AM

Friday: Just me and the three oldest, so we ate leftovers and not much else

Saturday: up early to Cootlumbia for indoor scokker action, much like a West Coast party, scokker don't stop. Trying to ween off of caffeine, had a big headache, went home instead of eating with stubborn_tiger®. Still battling a daily morning headache today, but you gotta play hurt. Went home, didn't do much, went to the local bottle shop, saw that clemsonrulez08® has his own brown ale named after his dog. Watched feetsball and bed

Sunday: lazy day until I saw how nice it was outside. Spent all afternoon outside. Was a glorious day all around. Watched two 1-1 draws in the EPL, and about 5 minutes of NFL. Cooked French toast, eggs and bacon for the fam for supper, topped it off with my favorite snooty IPA, Pixels by Seminar.

11/10 because these go to eleven

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good except for one thing

Dec 14, 2020, 9:14 AM

Fri - Got to spend time with all of my kids. Ate Mexican, stayed up late with the wife listening to music. Some redhead things.

Sat - Finally got Christmas tree. More time with kids. Ate Mellow Mushroom, you know the deal. More staying up late with the wife listening to music, more redhead things.

Sun - got final decorations on the tree. Pretty sure I broke my toe when I ran into a box that holds some of the ornaments. Cooked delicious sirloin’s for supper, redhead things.

The good - kids, food, redhead things

The bad – broken toe

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Decent....

Dec 14, 2020, 9:26 AM

Friday...long week of work...bed by 8pm.

Saturday...took son-of to breakfast, son-of, wife-of, and I went to Spartanburg for the day. Had lunch at Mezcal downtown, then went bowling at the place next-door. Then son-of and I threw football for a while at the amphitheater. I hadn't been to downtown Spartanburg in a looong time...was pleasantly surprised. Returned back through downtown G'ville to see some Christmas lights and get some ice cream. Got home in time to watch a good bit of the LSA/UF game (lol) and Clemson BB game.

Sunday...took kids to Waffle house and did some grocery shopping. Watched some NFL...fantasy team looking like a L this week, but already secured playoff spot for next week. Worked on the small pond we have by front door, killed some weeds, threw football with son-of, repaired daughter-of's bike, installed a new smart switch for outdoor lights...basic Dad sheet. Made some kick-arse burgers on outdoor griddle. Watched my Steelers get beat and possibly exposed by Bills.

All in all...decent family time...watched some football.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Active. And not 26.2 tdrake active. Though APM did get a run

Dec 14, 2020, 9:52 AM

in. No, this was Chrissmussy active.

Friday - took home a Corolla we were looking at for lil'APM. APM drove it to pick up take out.

Satdee - went and bought the Corolla. Then karate with littlest APM. Then went to APM's office to load up a ton of shredding that had built up over the year. Paper weighs a frikkin' ton when you have as much as we had laying around. Clean file drawers for the New Year though. Then APM's bat'ry died so he jumped his care then went and got a bat'ry. Dinner, family Chrissmuss movie, seggsy time, sleep.

Sunday - early morning Eurosports on TV, then went and picked up Chrissmuss cards and gift cards at Walgreens and Kroger, then online church (bad COVID news - serious post later), THEN the biggest project of the weekend - APM channeled his inner Clark W. Griswold and went and bought a new extension ladder then got the whole fam involved in stringing some lights on top of the house. Lots of cursing and near falls involved. Then dinner, watched The Crown, watched Family Guy making fun of The Crown ("I like it because I'm trash and it sounds classy"), a little NFL but just until APM started drifting to sleep.

Woke to a very rainy day getting the tow youngest off to school, prepping for snow and sleet Wednesday.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

total bender in ATL

Dec 14, 2020, 9:53 AM

drove down thursday...slept, worked, drank, ate, drank, ate, slept, drank, ate, smoked, drank, slept drove home

good time. liver is hurting

SOSDD.....

Dec 14, 2020, 10:06 AM

I've got Christmas ready. Just waiting on a few shipments. Mailed all the cards.

Didn't get to see Tigers play Bball. Enjoyed watching Army win. Ohio State doesn't deserve a slot in CFP.

Granny is still sleeping. I'm watching Rawhide and the rain. Only have two places to get groceries in town now. Wally World and KJ's Market. I live in a third world town.

In the midst of the pandemic

Dec 14, 2020, 11:12 AM

I've gone down a deep rabbit hole which started in April with this article:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/27/politics/pentagon-ufo-videos/index.html

And If you haven't listened to the testimony of one of the pilots I highly recommend listening to Commander David Fravor on Lex Fridman's podcast and also on Rogan's podcast. Very compelling stuff.

If you haven't seen it yet, watch "The Phenomenon" documentary that was released a month or two ago. Also check out the show Unidentified: Inside America's UFO Investigation on the History Channel. It's mostly eyewitness testimony from military pilots and commercial pilots and lead by former director of the Pentagon's UAP program "AATIP" who is now a member of DeLong's To The Stars Academy.

Then this happened in July:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/23/us/politics/pentagon-ufo-harry-reid-navy.html

Only a guess as to what gets released next. I think this is a prep for the Space Force to reveal some interesting technology.

Slept at least 24 out of the 48 hours.

Dec 14, 2020, 12:20 PM

Once again it was misting raining and sunday was windy, so ### else did I have to do?

Around 2 PM on Sunday I got up and took a shower, and was still a foggy from a 15 hour sleep, so I took a nap on the couch.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic