Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Random People That You
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 90
| visibility 1

Random People That You

Jan 22, 2021, 1:08 PM

have had dinner with or was in the vicinity at a restaurant.

John Kruk - ate with him
Charles Barkley/Stuart Scott - ate with them
Henry McMaster (lol!) - when AG, had lunch with him in DC then rode the Metro to Dupont Cir
Tucker Carlson - dinner several times at a friends house
Jeff Gordon - same pizza place
Carrot Top/Chris Angel - saw at restaurant in Vegas
Coach K - same buffet line. Dude can eat.

I think that is all.

Good idea Celtic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gunther was in my basement

Jan 22, 2021, 1:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I'm hoping Gunther is the one on the right***

Jan 22, 2021, 1:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you eventually let him go?***

Jan 22, 2021, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Gunther was in my basement ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah butt his girlfriend from LA

Jan 22, 2021, 4:04 PM

got caught staring at her boobies too many times

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t have a list like that. *******

Jan 22, 2021, 1:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dickey Betts

Jan 22, 2021, 3:33 PM

hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forgot that one. *****

Jan 22, 2021, 4:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bmeist about 23 years ago at a basketball game

Jan 22, 2021, 1:14 PM

along with some other's from tigeractive chat

A few others from my days living in LA too I guess

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dero?***

Jan 22, 2021, 4:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Robin Leach was my best friend for about 6 hours.

Jan 22, 2021, 1:16 PM

I've been kissed by Nancy Reagan and have met Michael Moore and Williard Scott. I've elbowed Richard Marx in the head.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was at a party once with some real estate agent

Jan 22, 2021, 1:19 PM

who ended up being on an episode of House Hunters.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Random People That You

Jan 22, 2021, 1:19 PM

Dalai Lama - at the bar in Bowling alley in New Braunfels, TX in 1999
Chi Chi Rodriguez - gave him a bottle of Negra Modelo after playing thru his group at LaQuinta

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2021, 1:27 PM

Drank budweiser with Dan Pastorini at a scruffy golf course next to his farm near Brenham, TX

Nice.

Jan 22, 2021, 2:06 PM

I actually got fairly drunk with Dan Pastorini in the VIP lounge when I did all the audio for Roman Gabriel's Quarterback Legends golf tournament. Met a LOT of NFL QBs, and got to know Roman really well. He later contracted me to do sound at the cheerleader tryouts when he was GM of the Charlotte Rage arena football team. That was one of the best sound gigs I ever pulled. Great paycheck for spending a couple of days plugging in a cassette tape for each girl to do her tryout routine and then just sit back and watch. Roman always took us out at the end of the day at nice restaurant too.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I ran into Tajh Boyd at a pizza place in Clemson

Jan 22, 2021, 1:20 PM

was NOT a fan

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I ate SC oysters with Tajh Boyd

Jan 22, 2021, 1:43 PM

Dad

Nice guy

Were they smoked?***

Jan 22, 2021, 1:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no, roasted***

Jan 22, 2021, 1:22 PM

Catfish Hunter came by our picnic table on Grandfather Mt one time My Godfather was wearing a Yankee hat and about had a heart attack when he realized who he was when he introduced himself. (I don’t think I’ve ever told you this Celtic. Not sure why not)

Knew a lot of the old school NASCAR dudes because same Godfather worked for Cotton Owens.

Carroll Campbell bought pizza for the Clemson College Republicans when he came to speak and actually stayed and ate with us. He was a real nice guy.

Liz Patterson taught my high school Sunday School class while she was in the US House.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Hooked up with a girl in college who later got arrested for

Jan 22, 2021, 1:23 PM

selling her panties on the internet and sending them out via US Mail when at Clemson.

If you search her name, it's the first thing that comes up (besides my pp). It happened like 20 years ago, now.

Pretty sure it made the Anderson news.***

Jan 22, 2021, 1:24 PM

you can get arrested for that?

Jan 22, 2021, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Hooked up with a girl in college who later got arrested for ]

someone tell the peeps @ snfffr.com

That does seem like a dumb thing thats illegal.

Jan 22, 2021, 1:41 PM

I mean if someone wants to buy something like that...have at it.

Pretty sure it has to do with the mail carrier and USPS

staff accidentally coming in contact with some else's biological warfare.

perks of the job, if you ax me***

Jan 22, 2021, 1:48 PM

You ever see my 600lb Lift on TLC?

Jan 22, 2021, 1:50 PM

I'm sure if you draw up a Venn diagram of people in that population who are almost completely immobile, and people who sell dirty underpants as a means to make income, the circles would overlap more than you'd feel comfortable with.

I knew a chick from Columbia that sold her

Jan 22, 2021, 1:55 PM

panties on line and shipped them in the mail. I had no idea what kind of prevert she was when I met her. She was about 26 or so, not terrible looking, and had about a 4 year old kid. She SAID her husband had died in a car wreck..but after all that was confirmed to me there's no telling. After a mutual friend showed me her stuff on the internets I was all

What's he URL? So I know to avoid it when trucking around

Jan 22, 2021, 2:01 PM

Ask Jeeves?

Thats been 25 years ago.

Jan 22, 2021, 3:22 PM

I doubt there's an URL from her AOl webpage still hanging around.

They ship poop in the mail

Jan 22, 2021, 1:50 PM [ in reply to Pretty sure it has to do with the mail carrier and USPS ]

seems like lightly used under garments would be nothing

You trust some hayseed baby factory from Clover to make sure

Jan 22, 2021, 1:51 PM

the lines on the zip lock bag are purple?

is that how you ship poop?

Jan 22, 2021, 1:53 PM

i've just been wrapping it in newspaper and dropping it off @ UPS w/ a prepaid shipping label

Re: is that how you ship poop?

Jan 22, 2021, 1:56 PM

when my sister stole my parents' lake house from my sister and I, we sent her certified organic cow turd. Shipped warm too. Was about $48.

My BIL reaction was worth $500. That dirty rotten SOB.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i feel like I missed a story

Jan 22, 2021, 1:57 PM

not the cow turd part....

There is a lot to unpack in that post...***

Jan 22, 2021, 2:07 PM

Rick Flair, like, 4 times...

Jan 22, 2021, 1:25 PM

First time, dinner and wrestling at a friend's house - friends dad was repping Flair in a copyright case and knew we liked wrasslin so he had a group over for dinner. Got suplexxed.

Second time, on a plane in Minneapolis - he only had one first class seat and at first, he made his wife go sit in coach. But the guy sitting right next to him convinced him to switch seats so he went to the back and sent his wife up front. Wife was a real douchenozzle. Bitched about everything the whole flight usually preceded with something like "DO YOU KNOW WHO MY HUSBAND IS?"

Third time, in a gas station bathroom in Aynor, SC. Went in to guard the door while my nephew whizzed and had a chat with Flair when he came in and was waiting for the pisser.

Final time, was just in passing in Charlotte one night.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you reminded me, I sat right behind

Jan 22, 2021, 1:30 PM

Richard Petty on a flight out of Jackson Hole. Sat next to his daughter, she was nice as could be.

My buds and I were all drunk in the airport and we were like, "look at that tool, he thinks he is Richard Petty". LUTZ all around. Then it really was him. Ha!

One of my pals growing up used to cut his grass when

Jan 22, 2021, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Rick Flair, like, 4 times... ]

Flair lived in Tega Cay. My pal's grandmother used to live next door, and I stayed with my pal there a number of times and saw Flair pretty frequently. It was almost a regular occurrence to run across him in bars around Charlotte in the 80s and early 90s. A Ric Flair sighting got to be pretty ho-hum, actually.

I received an award in 2000 and had a banquet

Jan 22, 2021, 1:29 PM

dinner with Danny Ford and 20+ members of the 81 Natty Team.

Besides that, Jeff Scott.

Not much......

I sat on a tailgate chewing tobacco with Ted Turner

Jan 22, 2021, 1:40 PM

and Jane Fonda. Went to a party at Gubnah McMaster's house. He can play a mean guitar. His dog Boots (RIP) got into the Bernie's fried chicken though. Met the/an owner (family delaware corp owner anyway) of the Bhastun Red Sox. High school history teacher peed in a urinal next to Jimmy Katah, while he was President. I peed in a urinal next to Luke Bryan.

About all the fame I can claim. Not a star worshiper really. Not my strong suit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you punch

Jan 22, 2021, 7:37 PM

Jane in the face while you had the chance? Asking for a friend.

Nah. Too busy looking at her ###***

Jan 22, 2021, 8:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was at the bar getting drunk at Rick Erwin's in Clemson

Jan 22, 2021, 1:40 PM

and Dabo walked in, and stopped by and said hello to everyone (all 5 of us) in the bar.

I saw Drivn n' Cryin's drummer a few weeks ago next door to my buddy's house --I guess he bought a house over there and is renovating it. He didn't wave.

Years ago, before Hootie and the Blowfish got popular, I used to see them all at Art's Bar and Grill on Coleman blvd pretty regularly.

Reaching even further, I put an offer on a house a month or so ago that Darius Rucker's ex-wife owned. Rumor was she had to sell it due to the divorce.

Stephen Colbert's brother, John, was my middle school social studies teacher. He was pretty funny.

had chicken fingers with Dabo

Jan 22, 2021, 1:50 PM

at the Orlando Hilton pool the day before the ACC Champ game. I hate to say it, but I was so drunk I barely remember it. I posted pics here and everyone laughed at me cause it looked like I had man #####. Good times.

Kevin Steele walked through a restaurant in Edisto that we

Jan 22, 2021, 1:56 PM [ in reply to I was at the bar getting drunk at Rick Erwin's in Clemson ]

were eating in. We were all wearing Clemson gear and he kind of sneered at us. He sat out on the dock with his family. They took a lot of drinks out there but I guess we were probably drinking more.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I met Steele in an ATT store the week before the

Jan 22, 2021, 2:28 PM

WV game.

If I would have known what I know now, he wouldn't have left that store.

Watched Clint Eastwood play the piano at his restaurant in

Jan 22, 2021, 1:41 PM

Carmel from about 6 feet away. Was in line right behind Tom Selleck at an underground garage in L.A. and shot the chit for about 10-15 mins after I recognized who he was. Bumped into Elliot Gould in a SF Chinatown jewelry store and he flirted with my wife a little bit. Met Joe Theismann and Cheryl Tiegs at a Nat'l Cable TV Show/Conference... Joe was in the ESPN booth, I forget where Cheryl was hanging out. I spent too much time at the Playboy Channel booth with all the bunnies or I could've cruised around and met more celebrities. All of this was in the 80s & 90s.

edit: oh yeah, sat next to Gregg Rolie on a flight and picked his brain for 4 hours about starting Santana with Carlos, the 60s and Haight-Ashbury scene, leaving Santana to start Journey, etc.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Forge in the Forest?

dark side of the moo®

which is one of the absolute best places to ear in America.

no, this was at the Hog's Breath Inn... I'd say 1988 or 89***

Jan 22, 2021, 1:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: Watched Clint Eastwood play the piano at his restaurant in

Jan 22, 2021, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Watched Clint Eastwood play the piano at his restaurant in ]

henry®

Several T'netters were fortunate enough to have had dinner with ME! Others may have walked by and observed us as we dined.

Jan 22, 2021, 1:47 PM

Had dinner w/ Phil Simms, was too young to care or appreciate, but i gots pics....somewhere

Bill Parcels was a regular at a restaurant I waited tables at, post coaching days, but before he got into the admin/mgmt stuff...I'm counting it. (plain grilled chicken, steamed broc, and a pitcher of (northern, ie unsweet) iced tea....boring. wasn't on the menu, but they'd make it for him)

Sat next to Anthony Weiner @ a restaurant in NJ last winter...

I think that's actually it, for 'restaurants'

I've played blackjack

Jan 22, 2021, 2:54 PM

w/ Muggsy Bogues in the Bahamas (cool dood) and The Amazing Kreskin in AC (as#####, not to me, but in general) on 2 different occasions....

Bogues looked supes familiar, but I couldn't place it at the time...dealer told me after he got up (and after about an hour of me looking at him, then him looking at me looking at him...like he knew I knew, but really I didn't).

had no idea who Amazing Kreskin is/was (not really sure I do, now, either)....but the dealer told me when he got up. He apparently had a bad rep at the tables in Atlantic City, and he was living up to it that night....lost a bunch, too)

In no particular order

Jan 22, 2021, 1:48 PM

RH Tig

PGTiger

RH Tig even offered me his nuts

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I took a dump right after Jack Leggett in the old baseball

Jan 22, 2021, 2:00 PM

lounge at Tiger Field.

Clemson Baseball Camp, 1996.

I once served Pat Riley chicken and ribs.

Jan 22, 2021, 2:04 PM

This is when he was coach of the Knicks.
Wouldn't take off his big dumb mirrored sunglasses.

Oh - our cleaning lady was ####### Dale Earnhardt.

Jan 22, 2021, 2:27 PM

She would come clean our house like once every other week, worked the other 4-5 days of the week for #3.

One day she quit showing up to our house, and we couldn't get her to return our calls. Not long after that Mrs. E found out about her screwing Dale and there was a minor scandal.

Jan 22, 2021, 2:10 PM

By virtue of bands I was in being opening acts, I've met Richie Medlocke of Blackfoot, Jerry "Wyzard" Seay of Mother's Finest, Warren Zevon, and one of the original members of The Outlaws, whose guitarist tried to talk me into selling my '82 Gibson Explorer for $500.00. Wyzard was about the nicest, and Richie Medlocke was high as #### on cocaine.

all that in a restaurant?

Some doods I'd been jamming with (no, not like that) junior or senior year @ CU had managed to get us lined up to open for Derek Trucks...I couldn't make it (nor did I know who he was at the time).

turns out, they opened for...and then played w/ them on a few songs....

Completely random, and 180° turn genre-wise, met R&B singer Lyfe Jennings playing pool @ a bar in NJ, shortly after getting out of jail for 10 years...super cool dude, ended up hanging out at the bar (which was supposed to be a 1-beer-stop) rest of the night...he was saying that he'd made a demo record, and was gonna get a contract...he kept talking about collaborating on something, we exchanged #'s....and then he'd call a few times a day, playing music #### on my voicemail, wanting me to come up w/ something to accompany it

Got weird, so I never picked up or called back.

Later that month, he set a record for amateur wins on Showtime @ the Apollo...and his 1st album came out a year or so later? (ok, wiki says 1.5 years)...to pretty high critical praise.

oh well.

Re: all that in a restaurant?

Jan 22, 2021, 2:36 PM

Cool story dude. I forgot I also jammed at this outdoor party where the singer / guitarist from Fountains of Wayne (Stacy's Mom fame) was playing. Dude borrowed a pick from me and absconded with it. He kinda sucked on guitar too.

didn't he die?

Jan 22, 2021, 2:37 PM

guess you won in the end, after all

Re: didn't he die?

Jan 22, 2021, 2:42 PM

Dang, he DID die. I hadn't heard. Chinese flu got him April of last year. Guess I shouldn't have said he kinda sucked on guitar.

Jan 22, 2021, 2:10 PM

Rick Flair - hosted for marketing #### when my family owned health clubs
Dabo (WR Coach Dabo) and Tommy Bowden - did an in home visit with my best bud that ended up signing w/ Clemson
Champ Bailey - sat next to me on an airplane in first class and they served food
Dan Reeves - Friend of my grand dad's, ate lunch with them a few times when Falcons practiced at Furman
Bobby Bowden - friend of my grand dad, met him at the Commerce Club
Davis Love III - his wife and my mom were biffles
Mark Richt - same visit scenario for best bud #2
Warrick Dunn - friend of my uncle's, had dinner at my uncle's house a few times

also got high AF w/ my boy andre ellington his RS year

Jan 22, 2021, 2:13 PM

ate pizza and played ncaa. forgot what game was the next day. he passed out standing up against the counter haha...cap'n morgan kraken got his ###

he always looked like he was perpetually high AF***

Jan 22, 2021, 2:28 PM

now this makes sense***

Jan 22, 2021, 2:29 PM [ in reply to also got high AF w/ my boy andre ellington his RS year ]

I have also had lunch with Jeff Gordon,

Jan 22, 2021, 2:14 PM

and his entire pit crew, at Fuddruckers. He's a wee little man. Howie Mandel was in the booth next to us in the Circle Bar in MGM. I (accidentally) sat next to the President of Mitsubishi Chemical once at a sales conference dinner. My Japanese sucks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Allen Iverson, Shaq, Eric Dickerson, and

Jan 22, 2021, 2:15 PM

a whole bunch of other peeps too long to name.

AI at Jocks and Jills in ATL
Shaq and I were in the same club in ATL, both tryin to eat some ###.
Eric Dickerson in the Dayton, OH airport. Dude pounded like 9 fruity likker dranks.

The entire WWE show from the night before ate breakfast in the same airport restaurant as me in some city I can't remember.

Have a good friend that had a long NFL career. Can't even begin to name the (largely former) NFLers I've spent time around. This is the list too long to name, but Jason Taylor, Jake the snake Plummer, and the Barber boys are among them. And Warrick Dunn. And more.

Had lunch with a globetrotter, can't remember his name.

Had dinner with a Packers scout (ex NFL guy), can't remember his name.

Lunch with an ex Seahawk, can't remember his name.

Gave OJ Simpson a pat on the back one time while he was wearing his puffy blue NBC jacket and holding a microphone.

Prolly more. The end.

Debbie Peterson, drummer for the Bangles.

Jan 22, 2021, 2:21 PM

Saw them at the Milestone in Charlotte. We used to go regularly and didn't even know who the Bangles were, they hadn't broke big yet. There were only about 15 people at the show, and the band came out on the back patio while we were out there between sets and Debbi borrowed the lighter that I was using to enjoy healthy CBD products and never gave it back.

On a side note...Susanna Hoffs from 3 feet away was one of the most stunningly beautiful women I have ever seen.

hmmm

Jan 22, 2021, 2:25 PM

Ron "Tater Salad" White - no eat but sat at a bar with him. Interesting conversation

Ian Woosnam, Sam Torrence - no eat but had drinks with them in Augusta. Those dudes could drink

Have met other well known folks but no drinkie or eatie with them.

Sean Penn gave me the finger on the Golden Gate Bridge in

Jan 22, 2021, 2:26 PM

2001. I have a photo of it somewhere.

Was he keeping up international relations?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can you point at where it happened?

Jan 22, 2021, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Sean Penn gave me the finger on the Golden Gate Bridge in ]

Jan 22, 2021, 3:04 PM

Pick up your feet because I'll be dropping some names. Not all if these people I meet were in a bar or restaurant. Some where in hospitality tents/suites and some were when I worked retail right out of college.

- had a beer with Clint Eastwood, Johnny Mathis, and Bryant Gumble at Pebble Beach. I later talked with Clint at his restaurant.
- met Bob Eubanks in Hollywood
- met Steve Allen in NY City
- waited on Jimmy Buffet (great guy and as cool as you would think he would be), the Robinson brother from The Black Crowes, Elton John (very nice), Eddie Murphy, Rick Springfield, George Strait (so friendly and down home), Robert Downey Jr. (jerk), Bobby Brown (bigger jerk), Kenny Rogers, Pebbles and Babyface (he was cool, she was not), David Allan Coe, and Matthew Broderick
- had a beer with Hootie at the Elbow Room here in Gangland right before they got big. He was sitting at the bar by himself waiting on some people. Pretty cool guy.
- shook hands with Venables when he was being introduced at our new DC.
- had beers with countless FB players in Clemson
- got hammered with a Clemson FB coach at the old Holiday Inn in Clemson during the Ford years. Don't remember his name.
- Danny's wife Deborah use to park next to use at Death Valley. She use to have one drink with us before she went into the stadium.
- shook Spurrier's hand at Columbia airport. I was traveling for business and had a Clemson shirt and hat. He was flying to NY City to ring the opening bell at Wall Street.
- had a beer with Fuzzy Zoeller on the back porch area at The Masters. Funny as $h!t
- Nick Faldo sat at the table next to ours at TBonz Steakhouse in Augusta.
- my DIL is an ex Miss Clemson. Sorry no pigs.

I’ve got a couple

Jan 22, 2021, 3:11 PM

Served the owner of the Mariners at the Sanctuary at Kiawah (we lost the caviar spoon and that was a nightmare)
Booked the band for the owner of the eagles wedding
Drove Tone Loc around town
Drove Smash Mouth around town
Bill Murray, that’s too easy in CHS
Chilled with Danny McBride
Pre show experience with Robert Randolph
Driveway beers with Ryan Stasik of UM “fame”
Tajh Boyd (twice)
McMaster also (his dad was really good friends with my grandfather, but he spoke at our rotary meeting while I was president and the 526 disaster was happening
Darius Rucker
Random country couple Joey and Rory (she has passed away)

I pee’d next to Frank Howard when I was about 9

And Phil Vassar***

Jan 22, 2021, 3:12 PM

Re: I’ve got a couple

Jan 22, 2021, 4:10 PM [ in reply to I’ve got a couple ]

526 Disaster?

I'm sure you have some good DRuck stories

Jan 22, 2021, 7:52 PM [ in reply to I’ve got a couple ]

Friend of mine's little brother was/is his right hand man. You probably know him.

MauldinT, where are you???

Ate/Bowled at Brooklyn Bowl Vegas with...

Jan 22, 2021, 3:25 PM

OAR and Tom Green & Carrot Top while Gogol Bordello played downstairs.

I think that's probably the weirdest combo I've experienced.

Saw DBT at Brooklyn Bowl in Brooklyn.***

Jan 22, 2021, 5:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don Henley

Jan 22, 2021, 3:52 PM

Dinner in Dallas with a group of friends.

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Was he depressed?

Jan 22, 2021, 4:30 PM

Wait..it was Don Henley. Of course he was.

He definitely wasn't cheery.

Jan 22, 2021, 5:34 PM

It was amusing when one of my friend's mom asked him what he did for work. Musician was all he said until she started asking more questions.

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Oh yeah...

Jan 22, 2021, 4:06 PM

Jerry Seinfeld walked into a restaurant I was eating at in Columbia. Harpers I think.

OH and I grabbed lunch at waffle house on the frontage road near Embassy Suites off Greystone Blvd once during a summer job in my twenties and Racquel Darrian was eating in there. This was the only linkable picture I could find that wouldn't draw the ire of the overlords.

Strom Thurmond many times, Barry Larkin, we shared beers

Jan 22, 2021, 4:47 PM

at the Sports bar in the Marriott Marquis in the ATL after Braves Reds game when my friend starting talking to him, George Karl, sports bar in Naples, LT same sports bar in CLT airport, John Lewis, same plane, Huey Lewis same restaurant in Sausalito.

Also sat beside drummer for Hootie and the Blowfish at CU Coot game in 2002.??

Message was edited by: josephg®

i sat in chanelo's once and watched michael dean

Jan 22, 2021, 4:59 PM

perry eat a whole large pizza by himself. i finished my sammich about half way thru the pizza but stayed to see if he could finish it.

Mine seems to be in elevators

Jan 22, 2021, 5:16 PM

Muhammad Ali in LA
Huey Lewis, LL Cool J and Willie in Buffalo (of all places)
Darryl Dawkins (talk about a YYUUUGGGEE MAN) in Philly
David Letterman in NYC
Celiene Dion in South Beach.

But my favorite was on a plane...Lewis Grizzard sat next to me on a flight to CAE...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Bruce Sutter

Jan 22, 2021, 5:26 PM

Arnold Schwarzneger- elevator

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's see.. I saw the guy that played Goober on AGS in a

Jan 22, 2021, 5:46 PM

Stuckey's in Tenn. (George Lindsay - is that right?)

Carol Channing - but I don't recall the restaurant (she signed my mother's Clemson umbrella for some reason)

I saw Mark Lemke (Braves 2nd baseman) at a bar - he was short and not easy on the eyes, but he left with a smokin' hot blonde...

I met Fran Tarkenton (when he played with the Giants) after a game...

I pumped gas beside Dean Smith and his Mercedes in NC

I shook hands with Lee Greenwood at Whirl's back-in-the-day

I wonder if any of them remember seeing me?

Jan 22, 2021, 7:32 PM

Patrick Duffy/ Ed McMann- dinner with horse ppl
MJ- BLT in Charlotte. Table behind me
Rick Flair- Del Frisco’s
Ricky Stinthiuse Jr/ Danica
Mart Smith
Steve Smith
Dubya- work
Jay Haas/ Bill Haas
Michael Johnson- work
Eric Church
Mickey Mouse/ Winnie the Pooh

Replies: 90
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic