Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Death of a Class of '60 Tiger
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Death of a Class of '60 Tiger

May 14, 2014, 9:32 PM

Timothy Marshall Drake, Sr., 75, long-time Spartanburg businessman, devoted husband, father, grandfather, and Christian, passed away suddenly at home on Sunday, May 11, 2014. He was born September 6, 1938, in Spartanburg, SC, to the late Alma Azalee Mitchell Drake and Harris Campbell Drake.

Mr. Drake was a 1960 graduate of Clemson College, founder and owner of University Lawn and Shrub Care and Palmetto Aquatic Plant Management. He grew up attending New Pisgah Baptist Church, and later was an active member of Boiling Springs First Baptist Church for 51 years where he served many terms as deacon and as a teacher of the men's Ready Sunday School Class. He was also a Mason.

He was a Board Certified Entomologist and served as past president of the SC Pest Control Association and the SC Aquatic Plant Management Society. He was a member of the Peach Blossom Car Club and also served in the National Guard and Reserves.

His interests were many: among them were assisting the needy, hunting, archery, Clemson football, World War II history, antique cars, and American Indian paleontology. He was a lover of animals, nature, the outdoors, sporting, and most of all his God, whom he served well for a lifetime.

Surviving is his beloved wife of more than 51 years, Donna Rhea Wilson Drake; two sons, Dr. Timothy M. Drake Jr., Major John Harris Drake (Gabrielle); and two grandchildren, Nathaniel Jacob Drake and Isabella Renee Drake. He also is survived by one brother-in-law, Harold K. Wilson (Mary); a niece, Aletta Thompson; and nephew, Andrew Wilson; along with many cousins and close friends.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Condolences to family and friends***

May 14, 2014, 10:14 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Death of a Class of '60 Tiger

May 14, 2014, 10:32 PM

I'm sorry to hear this, Mr Drake was a good friend of my dads. They grew up together in Boiling springs and were room mates at Clemson. My condolences to the family.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Death of a Class of '60 Tiger

May 14, 2014, 10:34 PM

Prayers for his family.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic