Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Day 3
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 560

Day 3

Jan 4, 2021, 7:49 AM

Will we hear from Venables about the worldclassshitshow or are we done and it just ends with a couple Dabo "Aw shucks we got so much love an these guys never quit" type quotes? Seems weird.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just thankful for where we are. The only blame I need to

Jan 4, 2021, 7:53 AM

place is on APM for his constant concern over and asterick.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I promise I was following along then you went all aero at

Jan 4, 2021, 7:58 AM

the end there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I blame the loss on APM and his concern that if we won the

Jan 4, 2021, 8:04 AM

natty it would be attached to an asterisk.

Now we ain't got to worry about no asterisk.

ATL PAW MAN®

APM has gone all 1988 on us for a few months, except

Jan 4, 2021, 8:06 AM

he told us ahead of time.

Just when I thought I was out...but re: the Asterisk Natty:

Jan 4, 2021, 9:53 AM

Let's assume Ohio's Tate beats Bama. That would mean they win the Natty playing essentially HALF a season. Does that not deserve a HUGE Asterisk?

As much as it hurts us if Bama wins, I think if OSU wins it hurts college football.

This was NOT a normal season in any way, shape or form. In a normal season TLaw wins that Heisman. In a normal season PSU, Oklahoma, and some others probably don't have the number of losses they had.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to focus on 2021.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm beyond sick and tired of all the stat driven coachspeak

Jan 4, 2021, 8:20 AM

we get nowadays. Not just Dabo but all coaches. They have really mastered it. For ex, touting "10 win seasons" when you go 9-3, losing to the 3 good teams you played, then winning your bowl. Yeah, that's 10 wins, but not even close to when you only played 11 games and had to go 10-1. Muschamp bragging he won more games in his first 3 seasons than any coach in SCAR history. Yeah, technically true... however comma. They can spin anything and a lot of folks don't seem to notice it or place it in context...

Same with individual stats. "Only the second player in school history to rush for over 1500 yards!"... yeah, but that guy in 1963 did it in 10 games, not 14. Etc, etc, blah blah blah. I see it all the damm time...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

agree completely. Fri night just felt like Tim Bourret had

Jan 4, 2021, 8:34 AM

handed Dabo a one-pager and he was reading straight from it.

We just got emasculated in a big way on a national stage....my first reaction isn't to inquire what the GPA of the graduating senior class is.

Re: agree completely. Fri night just felt like Tim Bourret had

Jan 4, 2021, 9:19 AM

I think he should take a completely different tack and blame it on the voodoo down there. I mean, if he can do it and keep a straight face. But it would deflect the conversation somewhat. Later, they will call him a mad jeanyus.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. I mean, I get it... it's not the end of the world....

Jan 4, 2021, 9:20 AM [ in reply to agree completely. Fri night just felt like Tim Bourret had ]

it's just one game, and chit happens. Like our game against Bama a couple years ago, no one could've ever predicted we'd blow out "the best team in college football history". But if you get on a roll, every play clicks, every break goes your way, and you get momentum going... yeah, it can happen. And the program overall is still in great shape...

But right then, at that moment, right after a woodshed game... I'm not in the mood to have my balls fondled. There will be plenty of time later to try to make me feel better about it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

our defense was trash all year

Jan 4, 2021, 9:40 AM

i've been telling anyjuan who'd listen as such too. can't expect trevor to win every game for us (or ETN, WHEN HE DONT' GET THE GOTTTAM BALL). all these recruiting classes we've had and this is the best we got? seems like everyone got complacent.

chalk it up to a sheety year. i sweater gawd if 15 is starting at LB next year, we deserve to go 10-2 and have yet another 10 win season and get taken to the woodshed in the playoffs.

we never re-loaded the defense. safeties = soft and slow. LBs = worst in a decade. DL(U?) = young but high ceiling.

oh yeah, and our o-line is softer than puppy ####

Don’t disagree but that was more than a talent gap.

Jan 4, 2021, 9:44 AM

Venables got dickkicked fri night.

Defense looked lost all night long.

Jan 4, 2021, 1:20 PM

Had no idea how to defend.

And if this is Dabo's best back 7 ever, we are truly ###### for the future.

and dare I say it, but I'll go there at the risk of someone

Jan 4, 2021, 10:10 AM [ in reply to our defense was trash all year ]

hunting me down and shooting me like a rabid dog... but it's time we got a bit stingier with our schollies. You simply can't waste any these days. I guess it's kinda cool that we have coaches' kids on the team. Or that we bring in some kid as a preferred walk-on because Dabo goes way back with his daddy... and then it's a feel-good story when he's awarded a full scholly later. You know, because he's a great guy and good teammate and gives such great effort on the scout team, yada yada. And I understand that it contributes to our "unique family culture" and all that...

But the other elite teams don't operate like that. Bama is infamous for jerking schollies from underperformers so they can sign another 5-star head-ripper at LB. OSU isn't afraid of hitting the transfer portal to pull in a Fields or Sermon. LSU gladly picked up Burrow the same way. Those programs are a bit more business like in managing their roster. They don't carry any dead weight, and they always have a scholly available for a difference maker...

I'm just saying, we may need to alter our approach a little bit to keep up with the Joneses...

What's there to say? We got our butts kicked,

Jan 4, 2021, 10:44 AM

the game sucked, and our season is over. They had our number but good.

I have to say I thought Fields and OSU played lights out from the start. Some of those completions in the first half were absolute things of beauty. Don't know how you begin to defend some of the plays they were making. One inch here, one inch there - that could have been the difference in stalling a drive or them moving down the field. They seem to connect on all of them.

When you are at the altitude our program operates in, losing hurts more because of the long fall. Last year's LSU was a very special team - you don't see that very often. This year was just an overall wild card year all things considered.

We're fresh off the #1 recruiting class, we're delivering on another top 5, we have a legit stud ready to take the reins at QB, got youth developing on the DL, have upped the ante on OL recruiting - seems to me it's business as usual from what we've come to expect this past decade.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's there to say? Well, anything for starters.

Jan 4, 2021, 4:06 PM

I've just never seen a game of this magnitude go down without a single meaningful interview of those involved after the fact. It's bizarre.

Dabo gave a pretty extensive post-game press conference.

Jan 4, 2021, 4:19 PM

At that point you lick your wounds, board the bus, head home, and turn the page to basketball and finalizing the 2021 class. Covid probably has some impact on press conference opportunities - it's hardly been a business as usual kind of season. Besides, there's plenty of T-Netters providing all kinds of answers to stuff. Lots of options to choose from.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

extensive if you like folksy platitudes. Not so extensive

Jan 4, 2021, 4:24 PM

if you're looking for discussion of actual football topics.

Agree with you on one thing though, it's clear they wanted to turn the page. Just seems like for 7 figures a year there should be some sort of obligation for media/fan availability post-game.

Replies: 17
| visibility 560
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic