Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody read this article from David Hale?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Anybody read this article from David Hale?

Jan 3, 2021, 6:21 PM

If you don’t think people at ESPiN hate Clemson, read this piece (of crap) that makes it sound like we have a complete rebuild on our hands. Smh, this guy is a clown. His positive for our future seems to be DJ, Demarkus Bowman (on his way to Florida), and that Clemson players made an impact off the field.

I don’t care what anyone says, I’m happy with a 10 win season and denying Noter Dame a conference championship. We’ll be right back in thick of it next December.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30638097/where-do-dabo-swinney-clemson-go-here-well-rely-talent-alone

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah..I read the BS piece

Jan 3, 2021, 6:24 PM

We lost a game to a better team. That's all. Hale make's it sound like the friggin wheel are coming off.

This is about stirring up the pot.

The Douche-bag doesn't appear to have his own twitter account.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Yeah..I read the BS piece

Jan 4, 2021, 10:00 AM

He has a Twitter account:
https://twitter.com/ADavidHaleJoint?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

"Journalists" (very loosely used) are no longer required to

Jan 3, 2021, 6:26 PM

do any research or write the truth. They just toss some sensational made up crap up half the time and see what happens. Likewise they are not held accountable and they don't have to apologize. Really crappy time for trying to get real, actual news!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Journalists" (very loosely used) are no longer required to

Jan 3, 2021, 7:29 PM

Come on. Stop railing against the "press". Same reason many people in the audience never rail against the likes of Hannity, Carlson, Dobbs, Limbaugh, etc.

Journalists vs columnists or opinion-ists. And its sports opinions that we are talking about? The landscape for these is littered with ill-informed blowhards.

What "facts" does this writer need in order to share his opinion/bias? None.
Do we need to listen to this person? No.

But Dabo and team should re-evaluate and seek to improve. They said they do that every year. Hope they keep doing it. Hope they improve. Hope they find answers to some weaknesses. The "final" games from the last two seasons have shown that Clemson was not as good as it believed it was and/or its preparation was not nearly as formidable as it thought it was or should have been.

The team is certainly one of the top 10 best teams in NCAA Football. Was/is one of the top four best teams in NCAA Football. And last year, it was in the Top 2. But Clemson certainly was not the best team in college football not this year, not last year.

So improvement is needed if Clemson wants to be the best... just like it was most recently in 2016 and 2018. That is a fact.

He raises serious questions.

Jan 3, 2021, 6:27 PM

The transfer portal has changed college football. Dabo is willing to be hurt by it and not willing to take advantage of it. That's not a small issue. OSU is in the title game because of the portal. Learn to use it to your advantage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He raises serious questions.

Jan 3, 2021, 6:33 PM

He has his standards and preferences, and recruits on an elite level. I’m good with it,

Jan 3, 2021, 6:43 PM

Let Dabo continue to lose big games to transfer QBs like Joe Burrow, Justin Fields, and JT Daniels (next year). We'll see how good you are with it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok Dawg... Don't need to hear from you

Jan 3, 2021, 6:47 PM

because your dumb ### coach is the reason Fields was in the portal in the first place.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ok Dawg... Don't need to hear from you

Jan 3, 2021, 6:54 PM

So in a way, Kirby Smart beat Clemson Friday night? I hadn't thought of it that way until you pointed it out.

AFDAWG; have you been drinking again?

Jan 3, 2021, 9:45 PM

Why are you posting here? Wasn't the last time UGA accomplished anything of note in college football way back on January 1st, 1981? 40 years ago?

Re: AFDAWG; have you been drinking again?

Jan 4, 2021, 9:06 AM

1. No, I'm not drinking. 2. To share my opinion. 3. I would say UGA has accomplished many things of "note" since 1981. But, I'll concede your point that is the last time UGA won a national championship (which is pretty much the answer given in response to every post by a Dawg on TNET).

I will concede the ONE THING UGa has accomplished...

Jan 4, 2021, 9:13 AM

is achieving less with more since 1980.

You must be very proud.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I will concede the ONE THING UGa has accomplished...

Jan 4, 2021, 9:41 AM

I can't dispute that UGA has underachieved. Then again, we didn't lose our bowl game by 3 tds to a team not even in the Top 10.

Well good win for your Trojans against Cinci!***

Jan 4, 2021, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Ok Dawg... Don't need to hear from you ]

Jan 3, 2021, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Re: He raises serious questions. ]

The QB did not lose the game.

It was an O-Line that graded and played poorly.
It was a D-line that did not create the pressure needed.
It was poor tackling.
It was a secondary that was beaten badly and with a safety who was often out of position.

Hey you lost as many games as Clemson, so feel good about your team. Just think how good UGA is as a powerhouse. Man after they finally got to the CFP and then the National Championship, they probably started a consistency of winning.

Congrats and quickly getting back to the National Championsh.... Oooh sorry I forgot you have not been back and have not won a National Championship since 1980.

But at least it has been slightly rewarding to have been returning to the CF..... oh wait, have you even been back? No, right?

Hang in there you Hairy Dog. I am sure you can still hump your pillows since being neutered. Or should we say spayed?

uGFYa

Jan 3, 2021, 8:23 PM [ in reply to Re: He raises serious questions. ]

AFDAWG, Big Cinco sends his regards.

Jan 3, 2021, 8:41 PM [ in reply to Re: He raises serious questions. ]

What is your point? Who should Dabo be going after in the portal? I think we’ve been doing OK at the QB spot- Boyd, Watson, Lawrence, DJ on deck. We’ve been in 6 straight CFP events. We’ve played in 4 National Championship games winning 2/3 from Bama and Saban. Recruiting is at a very high level. We return a bunch of experienced players who are going to probably get better.

You need to focus on how to consistently beat FL, beat Bama in ATL, and not screw the pooch and let the ##### beat you when they shouldn’t.

It’s possible the Dawgs beat us in CLT next September, but I wouldn’t bet on it. However, I wouldn’t want to switch places with the UGA program. Kirby has been underperforming with the recruits he has been getting. His clock management has been one of mismanagement and his trick plays have tricked no one.

Go play in your own yard. We don’t need your advice Dawg.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 11:35 PM [ in reply to Re: He raises serious questions. ]

When was your last natty? ####.

Jan 3, 2021, 11:36 PM [ in reply to Re: He raises serious questions. ]

When was your last natty? ####.

Go hump somebody else's leg mut face...

Jan 4, 2021, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Re: He raises serious questions. ]

and get back to us if and when we ever struggle to beat a Group of 5 team in what was effectively a home game for the LegHumpers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jan 4, 2021, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Re: He raises serious questions. ]

AFDAWG said:

Let Dabo continue to lose big games to transfer QBs like Joe Burrow, Justin Fields, and JT Daniels (next year). We'll see how good you are with it.

B

Bahaha.. we aren't losing to you leg humpers.

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

We just got pummeled by 2 transfer portal players

Jan 3, 2021, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Re: He raises serious questions. ]

Jan 3, 2021, 11:07 PM [ in reply to Re: He raises serious questions. ]

Pretty sure Dabo and Brett can handle a couple graduate transfers and keep them from ruining the culture. And to be honest, it is kind of tough to stomach the stubborness on the topic when we just got clubbed like a baby seal by a couple transfer QB's, yet we have "friends and family" charity cases playing in the CFP last Friday, getting lit up like the D3 players they actually are.

Jan 4, 2021, 9:16 AM

Who is Brett?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jan 3, 2021, 11:10 PM [ in reply to Re: He raises serious questions. ]

Tyler - Elite?
Jake - Elite?

Yeah, OK.....

Hale raises NO serious questions. He creates Click Bait.***

Jan 3, 2021, 6:51 PM [ in reply to He raises serious questions. ]

10 pieces of garbage and 1 truth.

Jan 3, 2021, 6:59 PM

He does himself no favors, but the one part he is right about should be addressed.

yep..the portal is now part of recruiting

Jan 3, 2021, 9:18 PM

time to take advantage of it..or get left behind

Re: yep..the portal is now part of recruiting

Aug 3, 2018, 9:55 AM

The train is leaving the station. If we drop the baggage, we can still catch it.

Re: Anybody read this article from David Hale?

Jan 3, 2021, 6:29 PM

Another Boston U/Syracuse hater of southern success ...

ive said it multiple times now

Jan 3, 2021, 6:31 PM

david hale is an absolute worthless idiot who continues to build his clickbait-list off hit-pieces on dabo

btw, bowman is gone, Hale.

David Hale is a TROUBLE MAKER!!!

Jan 3, 2021, 6:32 PM

He is the ESPN dude who asked questions of Clemson players, trying to get them to say something negative about Dabo. And he keeps writing stories like this referencing some of those comments --- without including the question that HE asked. He is trying to create a negative Clemson story.

ESPM needs to FIRE this dude! Reporters should report the news and NOT create news!!!

Re: David Hale is a TROUBLE MAKER!!!

Jan 3, 2021, 6:36 PM

It’s character assassination of a coach who recruits good kids who go to class and he treats them like his own. Other programs mimic Dabo in their coaching searches now.

They want him to help tarnish Clemson’s reputation. It’s a blue blood black balling.

Who is David Hale saying is pivoting toward elite SEC Status

Jan 3, 2021, 6:35 PM

"Clemson's loss was the program's latest inflection point since Deshaun Watson first carried the Tigers past rival South Carolina on a torn ACL in 2014 and pivoted the program toward elite status in the SEC."

Surely not SCAR? And when did Clemson join the SEC?

I felt like that was just a typo! Because it didn't make

Jan 3, 2021, 7:20 PM

sense as written!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly, I read the article and I can't find much of anything

Jan 3, 2021, 6:52 PM

that I disagree with! Hale was pretty much on the money with his assessment, I thought. Certainly nothing that should warrant him being called a piece of schitt. The only negative I saw was him mentioning Bowman returning, but he left the program 3 or 4 months ago, I think.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honestly, I read the article and I can't find much of anything

Jan 3, 2021, 7:50 PM

The issue with the article was his negative spin on an amazing program Dabo has built. While he hadn’t utilized the transfer portal, he’s also recruiting at a higher level than Clemson has ever experienced. He’s also created a culture of young men that focus on the team and not individual accolades. It’s also possible that we would’ve had no football if Lawrence didn’t create a players movement with Fields and others. It’s a shame that an article like this also fails to mention the phenomenal graduation rate under Dabo. Every program has its flaws, but I’ll take our Clemson program built by dabo any day. Plus, watch out when Bresee and Murphy have a year under their belt plus future oline stars like Leigh and Parks. I am excited for what is yet to come. Go tigers!

"Clemson's journey into the unknown"...

Jan 3, 2021, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Honestly, I read the article and I can't find much of anything ]

..that one little sentence; didn't strike you as just a little over the type, just a wee bit apocalyptic? Wow...

Re: Honestly, I read the article and I can't find much of anything

Jan 3, 2021, 11:18 PM [ in reply to Honestly, I read the article and I can't find much of anything ]

I don't remember reading much he's said but I understand what he's saying about the scar moment.

Also, must have been corrected because I didn't see anything about bowman. I really didn't read it as a negative towards Dabo, the program or anything. I found a lot of positives. The one thing he's saying about college football is changing is correct.

The world's changing. You might not like the changes but that doesn't mean it's not changing. As for the Fla St stuff and the covid acronym of tigers and the ranking of osu at 11 were a little over the top. It came across as crass and kinda mocking and joking about a serious issue.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 9:15 PM

Thanks for sharing. I absolutely despise how Hale is trying to create a "story" out of nothing. The line about how "the next steps are unknown" imply some sort of downhill trajectory that he is painting into the future. He, in this article, is attempting to paint a picture of Clemson's downfall. It's dishonest and I don't like it.

Jan 3, 2021, 9:34 PM

So a writer at ESPN does an article you disagree with, and that’s proof that ESPN hates Clemson? Are any of you capable of disagreeing with something without losing your minds over it?

Jan 4, 2021, 1:03 PM

Please. I say it because I have read enough of their articles and seen their college football experts. Not all of ESPN but there is an ugly side to their delivery of sports entertainment.

Oh and I lost my mind a long time ago.

Most of his points are valid

Jan 3, 2021, 10:18 PM

I don't know how some of y'all have made it through life being so unable to accept any bit of criticism. Or are you somehow more sensitive about the Clemson football program than yourselves?

Re: Most of his points are valid

Jan 4, 2021, 1:00 PM

No, a little bit of criticism is different than this, but whatever. This guy writes this type of crap often. Maybe you just can’t see it is all.

Anyone writing that we still have Demarcus Bowman....

Jan 3, 2021, 10:19 PM

.... is simply too ill informed to be taken seriously. But people love to hate Dabo (and thus Clemson). Goes with territory of being relevant/successful.

Sunshine Pumpers alive and well?***

Jan 3, 2021, 11:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think this quote tells you all you need to know

Jan 4, 2021, 9:58 AM

"It's why he's against paying players, expanding the playoff and any other issues in which wider perceptions have shifted to a more progressive take. Swinney has remained entrenched in his beliefs and his critics will argue his traditionalist approach continues to alter his image -- from a quotable overachiever, to self-serving power broker who is out of touch with the real world."
His critics? yeah...like the one who wrote the article.....

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic