Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
David & Nikki
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 72
| visibility 1

David & Nikki

Apr 25, 2016, 2:54 PM

I know somebody posted on here last Friday about me and Nikki and what was happening. We're ok, but we've definitely been out of touch with a lot of things over the last week or so. I've covered baseball and done some things but that's about it. She isn't working today...one last day...but will go back tomorrow.

So here is what I posted on my Facebook last Friday..hope it explains some things

Nikki Hood is in outpatient surgery. What happened? A surprise followed by a touch of heartbreak. We hadn't planned on having a child even though we had talked about it.....our lifestyle and travel aren't conducive to raising an infant, so the talks hadn't really progressed past a certain point. However, about five weeks ago a little thing called life happened. Two positive tests later we confirmed that she was pregnant.....

However, she started having some complications and went to the doctor earlier this week and things didn't look good. We went back for an ultrasound this morning, and our little "peanut" (which was at the seven-week mark) didn't have a heartbeat. So we are at the hospital getting things taken care of. Will we try again? We will talk about it, and I am hopeful I can get us out to Colorado in a few weeks for some alone time and we will talk about the process. This hurts a little bit - even though it wasn't planned we were both kind of excited to see where this next journey would take us. I am gonna get her home today and let her rest and recuperate and we will get on with things. We don't need anything and are well taken care of by family, but in the meantime, thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for sharing that David. Will be sending prayers

Apr 25, 2016, 2:56 PM

your way!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

will pray for you guys***

Apr 25, 2016, 2:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Praying for you both.

My wife and I have been through this to. We will be praying for the two of you.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayer sent.***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Our best wishes and prayers are with you and Nikki.***

Apr 25, 2016, 2:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the update. Prayers out to you and Nikki***

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Did not know this. Prayers for you two***

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: David & Nikki

Apr 25, 2016, 2:59 PM

Prayers to the both of y'all my fiend. My wife and I experience infertility issues and are currently looking into IVF.

It will happen man...always does!

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

:(

Praying for you and Nikki. Hope Nikki recovers quickly.***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Praying for you and Nikki. Hope Nikki recovers quickly.***

Apr 25, 2016, 3:05 PM

Both are in my prayers. The Lord will comfort you in this difficult circumstance.

God bless you***

Apr 25, 2016, 3:09 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time.***

Apr 25, 2016, 3:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so appreciative yall considered "Peanut" a LIFE..

Apr 25, 2016, 3:19 PM

Since i read recently that a Life has a hearbeat around 18 days from conception..which says a lot to what others think about it..rightly or wrongly.

My thoughts go out to you both, and a rest is due!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have prayed for both of you.

Apr 25, 2016, 3:14 PM

I don't know you personally, but I really enjoy reading your and Nikki's articles. Also, the majority of your posts on Facebook really make me laugh.

I wish the best for you and Nikki as you deal with this loss and as Nikki recovers. Best wishes as you plan your future years together.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Facebook...

Apr 25, 2016, 3:16 PM

Is where I can kind of be the real me..lol....which means I can be an idiot

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WAIT ... we are supposed to be REAL on facebook

Apr 26, 2016, 11:59 AM

There goes my Super Christian persona. :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

You mean, it's

Apr 26, 2016, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Facebook... ]

worse than we see on the TigerBored(s)??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I'm sorry David. God willing hopefully you will try again

Apr 25, 2016, 3:16 PM

I think the two of you would make great parents

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Condolences.

Apr 25, 2016, 3:17 PM

You all are in my thoughts. Thank you both for all that you do.

Heartbreaking news. Very sorry to hear that, David.***

Apr 25, 2016, 3:23 PM

sorry for your loss david and nikki

Apr 25, 2016, 3:43 PM

glad to hear nikki is well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Apr 25, 2016, 3:52 PM

So sorry to hear this. I am praying for both of you. God bless.

Apr 25, 2016, 3:57 PM

Thoughts and prayers with you and Nikki. So sorry for your loss and the very best to you both, whatever life may send your way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

David, I empathize.

Apr 25, 2016, 4:03 PM

We went through the same thing where we lost an unborn child a couple weeks after finding out about the pregnancy.

We are lucky to have two great boys, but I still on occasion wonder about the third child and what he/she would have been like.

Thanks for the update. Express my sympathy to Nikki.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Condolences to you and Nikki...sorry to hear that.***

Apr 25, 2016, 7:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

sorry, meant to post to original message***

Apr 25, 2016, 8:58 PM

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

You and your family

Apr 25, 2016, 4:05 PM

are in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless you as you go through the this time.

Apr 25, 2016, 4:13 PM

You guys will certainly be in my prayers. Unfortunately, these things happen (I can speak from personal experience). Be strong for one another and know that it just wasn't meant to be right now.

Prayers guys-

Apr 25, 2016, 4:16 PM

This is much more emotionally trying than anyone who hasn't experienced it can understand. Just know brighter days are ahead and never forget it's part of a plan.

God Bless

Prayers

Apr 25, 2016, 4:17 PM

to you and Nikki. Glad to hear you are being taken care of.

Been through the same thing, brother.

You and Nikki take care.

God bless and comfort all of you.***

Apr 25, 2016, 4:20 PM

Thanks for letting us know. Thoughts and prayers for you both!

God Bless you both.

Apr 25, 2016, 4:29 PM

Have you in our prayers.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Apr 25, 2016, 4:31 PM

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. About 25 years ago, my wife and I were in the same position. The fall we found out she was pregnant again. Somewhat subdued, we waited and the following June had a son. I think the statistic is that 1 in 5 first pregnancies does not go full term. Just hold on to each other and it will all work out.

God Bless you! All in His time.***

Apr 25, 2016, 4:35 PM

Apr 25, 2016, 4:35 PM

Thoughts and prayers for the two of you! Y'all are special people to Tiger Nation!

May God comfort you both.***

Apr 25, 2016, 4:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Praying for you.***

Apr 25, 2016, 4:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2016, 5:02 PM

Prayers sent to both of you.

Prayers on the way.***

Apr 25, 2016, 6:27 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Prayers sent to both you and Nikki****

Apr 25, 2016, 6:34 PM

Apr 25, 2016, 6:49 PM

Prayers for you both

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Apr 25, 2016, 6:49 PM

:( We said a prayer for y'all (including "Little Peanut") and will definitely continue to keep y'all in our prayers.

Apr 25, 2016, 7:20 PM

We've been thru this. Prayers are being sent your way, my friend.

Thoughts and Prayers for Both Of You

Apr 25, 2016, 7:26 PM

God Bless

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Apr 25, 2016, 7:33 PM

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Prayers sent***

Apr 25, 2016, 8:27 PM

Apr 25, 2016, 8:29 PM

Sad news. I wish you and your family the best.

You have my prayers....***

Apr 25, 2016, 8:34 PM

I'm so sorry.....

Apr 25, 2016, 8:54 PM

:(

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2016, 9:38 PM

Done!

Go Tigers!

David & Nikki Praying for perfect healing on all sides

Apr 25, 2016, 11:22 PM

For both of you. I pray the love of God will fill you both. In Jesus name, Amen.????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Apr 25, 2016, 11:45 PM

Thoughts and prayers are with you guys

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.***

Apr 26, 2016, 6:58 AM

Apr 26, 2016, 7:05 AM

I'm sorry to hear that David good luck to you two

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Apr 26, 2016, 7:44 AM

Thoughts to you both.

The first time going through the "Holy Cow we're pregnant" process starts to open our eyes to the world and deeper meanings and purpose.

Stay strong and give Nikki a shoulder to lean on and some space to process this too.

I wish you guys a speedy recovery****

Apr 26, 2016, 7:50 AM

nm

Apr 26, 2016, 9:10 AM

I have experienced this and my heart breaks for you and Nikki. God and family are important during this time. God has a plan for you. Prayers and a speedy recovery!

Prayers & Blessings . . . .***

Apr 26, 2016, 9:13 AM

Apr 26, 2016, 9:19 AM

Lord be with David and Nikki. Send your spirit to intercede and comfort them. As children are a gift from God please bless them. Send a legion of angels to comfort, encourage and be with them. Remove all doubt that is deception of the devil. Give them peace and bring them joy. May the angels help them to understand that all things are possible with God our loving father.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

Goodness David. I'm so sorry. Praying for healing

Apr 26, 2016, 9:43 AM

for all, and that The Lord shows you clearly His wonderful plan through this.

hang in there.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Apr 26, 2016, 9:46 AM

So sorry to hear.Prayers for you both,

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 26, 2016, 9:51 AM

Prayers on your loss.

Apr 26, 2016, 11:00 AM

David/Nikki: The Wrights send therir love and prayers to both of you. Just know that in the future, "Peanut" Hood WILL get to see you and you'll get to see him/her beside the Lord!

Apr 26, 2016, 1:05 PM

Prayers for you and Nikki!

Apr 26, 2016, 1:14 PM

Sorry for your loss D & N. God Bless you both.

Apr 26, 2016, 4:11 PM

So sorry for your loss David. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife. It will happen because God is Great!

I've been in your shoes.

Apr 26, 2016, 4:05 PM

David, I know your pain all too well because the same has happened with my wife and me twice before. There is so much anticipation and excitement and then it is taken from you in the blink of an eye. It's amazing how much you can love something that you never met and the connection that was formed so quickly is what makes it so painful. I wish I had some sort of amazing insight for you but I don't. I know that it hurts and it will hurt for a while but just lean on each other for support and through your love for each other you will come out the other side with a stronger bond.

Apr 26, 2016, 4:19 PM

my wife and i have "been there, done that" my advise: give it time and don't give up. i'll be prayin for yall!

Bless your hearts. Planner or not, this is tough. Prayers.***

Apr 26, 2016, 5:31 PM

Replies: 72
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic