Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
And that youngsters, is why, once you have been a Tiger for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

And that youngsters, is why, once you have been a Tiger for

May 18, 2017, 9:06 PM

30 or 40 years, you will absolutely hate the ACC and why you will never, NEEHHHVURRR, hear a real Tiger chant,"ACC,ACC,ACC".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And that youngsters, is why, once you have been a Tiger for

May 18, 2017, 9:08 PM

Agree 100000%

37 year Tiger here

May 18, 2017, 9:10 PM

My disdain peaked 36 years ago

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree 10000000000 times.

With you on that. Been putting up with this crap for 50 years. All sports. Shouldn't be called acc. Just rename the conference tr or nc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen to that

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2017, 9:12 PM

Btw- I can't watch the games but sounds like Beer hit a homerun and they called it foul? Was it a hr?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2017, 9:15 PM

Didn't show a good angle but if it was fair it had to hook around the pole - nobody argued the call

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2017, 9:18 PM

Radio said looking at replay it had to hook around the poll. Said definitely a hr.

May 18, 2017, 9:25 PM

Never have , never will .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 18, 2017, 9:33 PM

Amen brother!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2017, 9:33 PM

Anyone who disagrees with that has NEVER been to Raleigh, Chapel Hill, or Durham.

May 18, 2017, 9:38 PM

The ACC has nothing to do with why we lost tonight.
The only real bad call was the Beer strikeout.
Maybe the pitch that they scored 2 runs on but they were boarder line pitches.
Bryant was tagged out because we can't bunt and can't hit.

May 18, 2017, 9:51 PM

Sorry badb. We should clearly had 2 on and no outs in 9th. Fella was 3 feet off the bag at 2nd. Even nc state announcer said that.

We made our mistakes. Pinder messed up. Logan is a true freshman and makes true freshman mistakes.

But we had great pitching tonight. Can't blame the run on our freshman pitcher. Wilkie has to stop that ball but he's true freshman too.

Actually makes me feel better about the future.

Dang Right!***

May 18, 2017, 9:40 PM

Officiating across the ACC is unbelievable poor...

May 18, 2017, 10:16 PM

and the permeates through all of the major sports (football, basketball, and baseball)

The worst part is, the league does nothing about it. Absolutely no accountability for these clowns.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I've been a Tiger since 1963, went to my first game against

May 18, 2017, 10:16 PM

Maryland in 1965 and I don't hate the ACC. I do hate UNC in basketball because Dean was such a arrogant ba#####, calling Iturbe dirty for trying to draw a charge on Stackhouse when Dean's teams were the first to perfect the move of drawing charges.

I don't hate Swoffy. He's just a puppet of the ACC presidents and ADs. He doesn't really have any power. But when you appoint someone commissioner who graduated from an ACC school, you invite controversy.

I hate FSU in football because I live among them.

I'm glad the ACC is good in football now because that helps us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've been a Tiger since 1963, went to my first game against

May 18, 2017, 10:42 PM

I was there sliding in the mud and ice on the hill. We sat in student section second half. Glad me late dad had his flask, he'd probably died from hyperthermia...

My goodness it was cold. But he instlled in us you go to a game, you stay to the bitter end. To this day, never left one early.

Is that the game ur talking about?

I don't remember it being cold. I remember a guy

May 19, 2017, 12:08 AM

with the last name Ray playing QB and Rogers at WR. We lost 6-0. The only game I was at when it was icy was when we beat the coots 7-6 in 1972.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The calls were bad, but

May 18, 2017, 10:56 PM

We have gotten some really questionable calls go our way in football and soccer the last 3 or 4 years, so I'm fine with bad calls in basketball and, at least to a much lesser extent, baseball. We did have some bad calls in the Pitt football game (although that worked in our favor after that, as it wound up pushing our guys to play harder), and I know the calls tonight were horrific, but all in all, I'm happy with ACC officials. I know we get the screws in basketball, but I'm not a big basketball guy, and as long as we get similar calls in football like we have mostly been, I think it's worth the trade off. This was one time that we got screwed by ACC refs this baseball season (the only other time I remember was against UGA with SEC refs, and we won anyway). Also, chanting ACC, I do it when we play SEC schools who start chanting SEC and then get demolished.

Maybe so, but if you stack the questionable calls that have

May 19, 2017, 7:31 AM

gone our way, you could use it to step up into my Yukon;but if you stack up the ones that have gone against us, you could eat dinner at the top of the Empire State Building. Thus, the statement,"when you have been a Tiger fan 30 or 40 years".............

What a complete load...

May 19, 2017, 9:00 AM [ in reply to The calls were bad, but ]

One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

We have a right to expect fair and impartial officiating in all sports but the ACC clearly doesn't deliver.

It seems that officiating in the ACC, at least in the three major sports (football, baseball, and basketball) is far worse compared to the other conferences yet there is zero accountability from the league for these incompetent buffoons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic