Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dames RB Dexter Williams is gonna be a load & best back we've faced this year.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,105

Dames RB Dexter Williams is gonna be a load & best back we've faced this year.

Dec 28, 2018, 7:22 PM

Out 4 games but had 4 games of over 140 yds each..and runs like a beast!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dames RB Dexter Williams is gonna be a load & best back we've faced this year.

Dec 28, 2018, 7:24 PM

Bill, you need to get a dog. You sound scared.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or a woman

Dec 28, 2018, 7:55 PM

To hold and protect him

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dames RB Dexter Williams is gonna be a load & best back we've faced this year.

Dec 28, 2018, 7:28 PM

He can break a long run if he gets any space too. He had multiple 50+ yard runs this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2018, 7:33 PM

I can’t tell if you’re being funny or actually terrified of ND. We’ve played and beat NFL Caliber QB’s already this season, and absolutely shut down BC’s 245lb running back. ND is a good team, but they have their fair share of weaknesses. Everyone points to Clemson’s secondary as an issue, but that’s the same secondary that gave up 8 passing yards in their last outing.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2018, 7:42 PM

Good thing we have one of the best rushing D's in the country.

Dec 28, 2018, 8:48 PM

Missing a key piece though. Time will tell how we do. I think we will be fine.

Dec 28, 2018, 7:51 PM

When was the last big day a running back had against Clemson ? Was it Cook for Pitt in 2016 ? Gurley for UGA a year before that ? I honestly can't remember … and I like that I can't . Means we are dominating the offensive lines we have to face .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re last RB with a big game

Dec 28, 2018, 8:26 PM

Maybe Derrick Henry in the 2015 natty? With 120 yards in the first Q but finished with only 150-ish? But stopping him was a whole team effort that cost us our starting corner.

Maybe Dalvin Cook for FSU in 2016 whose speed repeatedly gashed us on draw plays while our LBs were dropping into man coverage.

Williams is different. Not nearly as quick or even fast; some speed but more size, running behind a big slow line on slow-developing plays. But they do run some misdirection that can get him isolated on a DB on the edge, or the opposite, a quick-hitter up the middle that takes advantage of 'blasting' (non-reading) DTs .

That's my biggest concern with Dex out. He has the ability to take on 2 blockers and still read the play and react accordingly. Haven't seen Huggy enough to know if he can do all 3 at once. I know he's good, just don't know if he's THAT good.

Trayveon Williams is just as good if not better.

Dec 28, 2018, 8:06 PM

Over 1500 yds in the "mighty" SEC. Clemson held him to 31 yds.
Clemson will be fine.

BC's RB was supposed to be a load too

Dec 28, 2018, 8:54 PM

He ran for around 50 yards 2 years in a row.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2018, 10:08 PM

Not best in my book. That title belongs to Cam Akers.

Dec 28, 2018, 10:11 PM

So was Perine

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,105
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic