Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was off the board dis weekend - have we aired grievances
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 384

I was off the board dis weekend - have we aired grievances

Nov 4, 2020, 12:58 PM

Festivus style from Saturday already I assume?

I want to focus on Dabo's end of game playcalling/clock management - it's been pretty bad for a long time but hasn't seem to truly cost us yet (easily could have in dat first natty if Leggett doesn't make that crazy catch) but Saturday was just an absymal showing for a head coach in year 12.

The two point conversion - can go either way on the decision with that much time left but getting two wasn't important enough to waste not one, but TWO timeouts over it (and certainly was a bone headed call still going for two from the seven yard line).

If the team can't get the two point conversion off in time, take the delay of game and send out the field goal unit to kick the XP and save your valuable 2H timeouts. We had put ourselves in a really bad position that if we had given up one more first down to BC, they could have scored the go ahead TD with almost no time left.

4th and inches - The ETN fumble was fluky but I don't really understand why we aren't letting a 6'4, 250 pound try and fall forward to pick up the game clinching first down. Even then - why aren't we taking the 75% chance to convert that and 100% assured we win the game upon conversion as opposed to punting and hoping the defense comes through?

Punting makes a little more sense in NFL since it's so hard to go length of the field with no timeouts but in college with clock stopping after every first down it's just way too much time to do the punt there.

I'm sure most of you will argue "But we won" and Dabo will call me out for being a bad fan who isn't happy about a win but this completely reeks of a "Bad decision, good outcome" to me

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bunch of spoiled fans***

Nov 4, 2020, 1:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Dabo's burner? :)***

Nov 4, 2020, 2:26 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 384
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic