Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo"We will do more than beat scar"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Dabo"We will do more than beat scar"

Dec 9, 2012, 8:04 PM

I remember seeing an article on tiger net last year, about Dabo talking about the future of Clemson. He said "We are going to do more than just beat south carolina" What happen to that? You havent even beat the milestone of beating south carolina..I cannot think of a coach in our past that had a problem beating south carolina..I mean I know this is as good as they ever been, but still it would seem with them having the same players AND they had their 2nd string QB and 2nd string running back! Its bad news for us is Clemson can't beat south carolina, that used to be a automatic, for us.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo"We will do more than beat scar"

Dec 9, 2012, 8:05 PM

No coach ever faced a team like the coots have had the last few years. Go back and look at the coots of old and you tell me how every coach was able to beat them.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe past 2 years. But Dabo has lost 4 straight, not 2.

Dec 9, 2012, 9:48 PM

The first two losses were to typical USC teams. No excuse for those two seasons.

Dec 9, 2012, 8:06 PM

Losing to Maryland and BC used to be automatic as well but things change,they have gone downhill quick.Scar is much improved,as much as I hate to say it.

it is called orange kool-aid....and you were drinking it

Dec 9, 2012, 8:09 PM

be prepared for another round of kool-aid during recriuting season. I wouldn't be surprised to hear Dabo drop the we're a "young team" card again this off-season. Everyone needs to remember that Dabo made a name for himself as a salesman, not a football coach, so he's going to keep on selling Clemson to recruits, fans and haters because that is what Dabo does, sells Clemson. The rest of the coaches coach Clemson.

We USED to be a better TEAM!!

Dec 9, 2012, 8:23 PM

This crap that we're better is a BUBBLE!! We win when the rest of the ACC has dropped.

2012's Clemson would NOT beat BC,UMD,WFU,GT of a few years ago and we didn;t in some cases!!

SCAR is not that much better!! CU is just not improved at all really!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: We USED to be a better TEAM!!

Dec 9, 2012, 9:48 PM

Your post is so inaccurate that it is not worth responding to but I am going to give it a try.

"SCar is not that much better" statement is beyond ignorant, it is just a dumb statement. The coots are night and day different. Look at there record over the past 4 years and who they have beaten. A lot of very good teams.

The rest of your post is just bitching which you have a right to do but try to be somewhat accurate. Clemson is fine and we will be even better. We have some horses coming in this class that I am excited about.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: it is called orange kool-aid....and you were drinking it

Dec 9, 2012, 8:33 PM [ in reply to it is called orange kool-aid....and you were drinking it ]

I guess you guys would love to have Tommy West or Tommy Bowden back they beat Carolina but could not get it done in the Conference. We as fan are never satisfied and if you never played the game then you should shut up. I am happy with the direction we are going. Carolina will loose 11 players off that defense 8 starters and 3 in the rotation. We have lost a tremendous amount of talent over the years.
Just be patient..

Re: it is called orange kool-aid....and you were drinking it

Dec 9, 2012, 9:50 PM

Good post, Tigerpaws56!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2012, 8:31 PM

If you don't know a single coach who had trouble beating Scar then you don't know much about our history. One coach went 0-5-1 in the middle of his tenure and would probably be your first example of a coach who would never let them get the better of Clemson. Do some homework.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Dec 9, 2012, 9:36 PM

its not Dabo fault that sc is putting the best team in their history on the field right now

Dec 9, 2012, 11:38 PM

That is so right. He is kicking Spurrier's butt when it comes down to recruiting the best players in the state, right?

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic