Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo on Feaster
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Dabo on Feaster

Apr 24, 2019, 3:48 PM

At the MacArthur Trophy presentation just now, Dabo said he doesn't have any further news on Tavien. They hope to have him back but no confirmation on anything.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo on Feaster

Apr 24, 2019, 3:49 PM

Thanks for the update.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2019, 4:12 PM

Who advises these guys?? Staying at Clemson, Feaster will have major playing time at one of the two top collegiate programs in the country as well as unprecedented exposure in top venues throughout the nation. From Clemson, he would have a clear path into the NFL. And he wants to transfer to some unknown and uncharted program where they don't already have top backs?? Tavien, tell me where would that be? Any half-way decent program is already going to have established running backs. Something is going on here that hasn't been divulged. He's a favorite player of mine, and I'd hate to see him make a big mistake, but I think that there's an underlying story that we haven't been informed of.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2019, 4:16 PM

He could go to usUc and start tomorrow.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2019, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo on Feaster ]

He's a starter at 8 out of 10 teams in the country and one of the top 10 backs in the country right now in my opinion. Him going off and having a 1200 yard season as premiere back just makes sense. Feaster wont be the starter, but he's too valuable to let get hurt so when we are up by 40 at halftime. He still wouldn't be getting a bulk of the carries. Maybe 7 touches a game if that. I can see him wanting to go get 20 carries somewhere else. He's earned it.

Apr 24, 2019, 8:06 PM

What a dummy!
You’re an idiot

They do football elsewhere than Upstate SC

Apr 24, 2019, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo on Feaster ]

Let’s not pretend like he’s some scrub that’s looking at Idaho or something. Somewhere like Iowa St makes a lot of sense. Up and coming P5 program that likes to run that’s replacing a very good RB with unproven younger guys. Would be mutually beneficial.

There are plenty of programs that would happily have him for a year.

Re: They do football elsewhere than Upstate SC

Apr 24, 2019, 5:21 PM

This right here. I love Clemson and I'm sure I'll get a TD for this but ever since we won a NC and then another, our fans have gotten to think that any other team is a scrub #### show that will never beat us or is not going to ever be meaningful. Basically we are starting to act like Alabama fans. Chill the #### out.

I wish the best for Tavien and he can do well at a lot of programs. Hopefully one that can get a lot of scouts at their pro day so he can showcase his skills or he can always come back to Clemson for his pro day.

THE top collegiate program in the country... That Bama

Apr 24, 2019, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo on Feaster ]

equivocation crap is officially passe... 4 TDs is official... They might get lucky and stay within 2 TDs but that would be a miracle. Who's next?

The 40% and 57% pulse boys are just SEC trolls.... Always contrary and consistently derogatory. Stupid is as stupid does...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You want your players to think highly of their abilities and

Apr 24, 2019, 4:07 PM

I'm sure it's hard when you're a senior and you start getting people in your ear about the NFL and how to build your draft stock BUT I really can't see Feaster transferring out and helping his case for the draft.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You want your players to think highly of their abilities and

Apr 24, 2019, 4:15 PM

I agree. Transferring from Clemson will almost certainly hurt his potential draft status. Transfer where? Something here doesn't pass the smell test.

he wants to play,can't blame him***

Apr 24, 2019, 4:27 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: he wants to play,can't blame him***

Apr 24, 2019, 8:08 PM

And if your spouse wants a sexier love, I wish her good luck. Leave him, her.
Looser

Re: he wants to play,can't blame him***

Apr 24, 2019, 8:43 PM

You really put the anus in sylvanus

DGCannon, you, sir, are constantly trying to insinuate nefarious things

Apr 24, 2019, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: You want your players to think highly of their abilities and ]

going on in our program.

Message was edited by: Tiger Nana®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DGCannon, you, sir, are constantly trying to insinuate nefarious things

Apr 24, 2019, 5:18 PM

Exactly, always looking for the negative.

if we RA all his post he'll just come back with another name

Apr 24, 2019, 6:16 PM [ in reply to DGCannon, you, sir, are constantly trying to insinuate nefarious things ]

We're probably on moron 6.0 by this point.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately the people in their ear are usually family

Apr 24, 2019, 5:43 PM [ in reply to You want your players to think highly of their abilities and ]

You can’t see going somewhere else

Apr 24, 2019, 5:47 PM [ in reply to You want your players to think highly of their abilities and ]

And being a starter instead of sitting behind a Heisman hopeful could be good for his draft status? I get being a homer but come on.

It hasn't worked for anyone else to date

Apr 24, 2019, 5:54 PM

It hasn’t worked out for guys leaving Clemson

Apr 24, 2019, 6:09 PM

Except Zerrick Cooper and KB and HJ remain to be seen. Feast is also better than anyone else that’s left here. It’s also worked for several non Clemson grad transfers.

Not really fair to chastise a guy who wants to start his last year of college to try to better position himself for the NFL and achieving his dreams. Especially when he’s leaving with his degree. Hard to ask much more of him.

If you look at it rationally, he’s not going to have a whole lot of opportunity behind ETN not in garbage time. He is perfectly capable of being a P5 starting back, just not at Clemson, Bama, Wisconsin, and maybe a couple other schools.

This pretty much tells you what you need to know

Apr 24, 2019, 6:17 PM

So you’re saying Choice is a better back than Feaster?

Apr 24, 2019, 8:29 PM

Over 25% of Choice’s yards for the season came in like a quarter against Wake Forest, and Dixon barely got a carry while a game was in doubt.

Go ask every P5 team if they’ll take 5.6 YPC in a heartbeat. Bet you’ll only need one hand to count the ones that say no.

You said ETN was his problem

Apr 24, 2019, 8:40 PM

Feaster was a clear 2nd string

Apr 24, 2019, 8:48 PM

So yes ETN was his problem. ETN would be a problem for 99% of CFB RB’s trying to get carries over him.

You’re also assuming those tweets are about this situation. Just like everyone assumed Kvon Wallace was tweeting about football when he wasn’t.

He’s a talented kid that needs to get more carries to be able to get drafted to the next level which I’m sure has been his dream for 15+ years. He certainly has gotten a fair shake at Clemson and there weren’t politics that kept him off the field, ETN was just better.

He was a clear 2nd string last year

Apr 24, 2019, 8:54 PM

Re: He was a clear 2nd string last year

Apr 24, 2019, 9:00 PM

Mellusi and Dukes were no threat to him. I agree that Lyn-J probably earned to split 2nd string carries with Feaster. Feaster still the more complete back but 23 has an electric feel about him.

Just don’t like to see some here bashing him and say he’s making the wrong decision. If he’s going to make the NFL, he will have a better chance getting starter reps somewhere else.

Hopefully he doesn’t do a silly interview like KB on his way out and alienate part of the fan base. We likely don’t win in Raleigh 2017 without Feaster breaking that long TD run.

There aren't any politics at play keeping him off the field so hopefully that wasn’t what he was referring to in those tweets in question but neither of us know for certain.

Wish him the best if he does indeed decide to leave.

Apr 24, 2019, 9:07 PM

I'm going to disagree with you about starter reps helping him with the NFL. RBs are about the skills you show on tape and testing numbers. Michel was drafted in front of Chubb and Jacobs is going to get drafted in front of Harris.

Feaster needs to do what he feels is best for him but going to another team where he'll get more carries but his efficiency is probably going to drop a bit isn't necessarily going to improve his draft stock. NFL people view backs as on a career snap count limit anyways. Taylor and Dillon are both probably going to get knocked for having so many carries in college because teams will view that as an inhibitor to future production.

Apr 24, 2019, 9:13 PM

1 year of starter carries won’t hurt his stock. Look at Myles Sanders. His stock has risen because he started for a year and was backing up Barkley before that. He also tested really well and I’m not saying he’s a comp for Feaster. But one season of starter carries will have no negative impact on him in the eyes of scouts. And he already has track speed so he should test pretty well.

I get that you like Feaster as we all do

Apr 24, 2019, 10:05 PM

Apr 24, 2019, 5:00 PM

David Hood, does anyone have any updates on the Ostarine appeals, good or bad? Do you know when any updates will be forth coming? Inquiring minds want to know the Tigers TE status.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2019, 5:02 PM

Selfishly I hope Feaster stays, always have rooted for him. Plus I can’t think of one case in the last 7-8 years where this type of transfer (senior wanting more playing time) has led to better draft position for the player. I think Albert Huggins is a great example of how sticking it out can actually help the draft stock while also getting A+ coaching at a top level program.

Apr 24, 2019, 5:25 PM

Bro Feaster, if you are seriously considering a transfer, please check out the OL that will be blocking for you, as well as their backups.

He'd be leaving one of the very best in the country...

Apr 24, 2019, 8:25 PM

I think they're probably at least a top 5 and maybe even higher.

Re: He'd be leaving one of the very best in the country...

Apr 24, 2019, 8:42 PM

The guy loves to play football. Don't blame him for going somewhere he can play lots.

Apr 24, 2019, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo on Feaster ]

Lyn J must’ve gotten ahead of him in depth. He would be one turf toe or injury tweak from being the feature back on the number one team in nation. You don’t leave that unless you think you are buried in depth chart.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lyn J is fun to watch

Apr 24, 2019, 10:28 PM

Apr 24, 2019, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo on Feaster ]

Lyn J must’ve gotten ahead of him in depth. He would be one turf toe or injury tweak from being the feature back on the number one team in nation. You don’t leave that unless you think you are buried in depth chart.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic