Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo may have fixed the team...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Dabo may have fixed the team...

Jan 13, 2016, 4:57 PM

But all this panic about players leaving shows me that the fan base is still in Tommy Bowden mode.

What we're experiencing now is the new face of Clemson football. We have highly rated players waiting to play and a defensive coach that has shown he can coach them up. Sure it's concerning, but not meltdown worthy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo may have fixed the team...

Jan 13, 2016, 4:58 PM

Who can we hire to fix the fan base?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nicholas Saban Jr.

Jan 13, 2016, 4:59 PM

He seems pretty fiery!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't trust an

Jan 13, 2016, 5:28 PM

Alabamian to care for our fan base. Seems like his heart might always be in Greenbow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2016, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo may have fixed the team... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is what's happening when you have.........

Jan 13, 2016, 5:10 PM

excellent players - that's the reality of college football now.

But we've proven in the past few years now due to our strong recruiting that we can reload every season and not have to rebuild like so many teams do who have a good season every once and a while.

We thought when we lost a lot of players after 2014 it would hurt us. But we just reloaded and look where we got this year.

That's the sign of a great program, not a lucky one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't get it either and I don't think we are that surprised

Jan 13, 2016, 5:12 PM

Right? So far I've been looking at them and saying yeah expected that. Of course for selfish reasons I'd like to hold on to a couple of them. Id love for Dodd to stay. Ma obviously but no way it's in his best interest to stay. Maybe tank. But really isn't this about what we expected?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People need to get used to being an elite program

Jan 13, 2016, 5:15 PM

When we get future NFL players on the recruiting trail year in and year out, don't be surprised when they leave when they're eligible. All the big programs deal with these things.

Jan 13, 2016, 5:20 PM

Losing 6, possibly 8 is reason to be concerned. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. It kills depth. Not to mention the experience that the departed players have in getting to the Natty.
Losing them is huge.

Jan 13, 2016, 5:25 PM

Your exactly right. Alabama, FSU, OSU all see this same scenario every year. We'll be fine 'cause the cubbard is over-flowing with talent. Gonna have to shove this years recruits in closet for lack of room in cubbard.

Great to be a Tiger!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2016, 5:26 PM

Funny, before the natty we all knew it was coming and no one freaked. 2 days after the dust settles, and now you'd think they're tearing down the stadium

Jan 13, 2016, 5:26 PM

Long as that number four here, I ain't worried, even if we have to hail mary prevent defense for four quarters.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We Bama now...next man up***

Jan 13, 2016, 5:27 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's definitely concerning

Jan 13, 2016, 5:44 PM

that everyone who gets any kind of draft grade is jumping ship early. Everyone 'loves Clemson' but can't wait to leave. We'll be fine, even good, but next year's team could have been loaded especially on defense and now it feels like we're nearly starting from scratch experience wise. True sophomore Wilkins is going to be a 'leader' next year. That's how thin we will be on experience. The talent level is higher than it has ever been, but if you can't keep ANYONE around for a senior year (unless they have no option to go to the draft) it's going to be hard to get to a championship. If we could have just held on to Green and Dodd I'd be much more convinced by all of this talk about Tampa next year.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2016, 5:49 PM

Not so fast.

Special teams took a step backwards.

Maybe we use more starters on special teams. Even Bama uses Henry on kick off coverage. And several others

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Sounds like you are in T Bowden mode

Jan 13, 2016, 7:07 PM

Bout all you post about. Who even thinks about him anymore

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic