Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is getting ridiculous
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

This is getting ridiculous

Nov 12, 2012, 9:21 AM

I was one to hold out hope at first but now these guys are beginning to make Clemson look like fools...

Might be time to pull the offers to all 3 and wish them luck. Focus on the guys who really want to be Tigers and not play games. There's lots of talent out there that would love to come to a school like Clemson. It's time to cut ties with these kids, let them go play with their brother/friends at ole miss and win 6 games a year. We can go out and get some real tigers that are passionate about Clemson.

Enough is enough.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ummm: Which 3?

Nov 12, 2012, 9:25 AM

I'm guessing that you're talking RK and Kamara ... who's the third?

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't include Gallman in this soap opera

Nov 12, 2012, 9:26 AM

Before and after the drama he has said nothing but great things about Clemson and how much he loves it. He is the kind of commit you are talking about wanting. This kid needs to get some love for thinking for himself.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't include Gallman in this soap opera

Nov 12, 2012, 9:30 AM

Maybe you're right. So pull the offer to Kamara and RN and be done with it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2012, 9:41 AM

I think it is foolish to pull an offer from the #1 player in the nation. You don't have to let the drama that goes along with it effect the possible benefits it would have if he decided to play at Clemson, and possibly allow our defense to be set up to make a championship run. Let the drama handle itself, and just keep the offer out there.

Nov 12, 2012, 9:43 AM

No but we can be made fools because of it and miss out on other recruits due to that scholarship offer still on the table.

Time to put our focus completely another stud(s)

Dabo is smarter at recruiting than we are.

Nov 12, 2012, 10:09 AM

Dabo knows more about what's going on than we do.

Dabo has shown a willingness to pull an offer if he believes he is getting the run-around.

Relax.

null

Agree..+1!

Nov 12, 2012, 9:27 AM

Way too many non-drama queen football players left that have an interest in both football and an education left on the board.

Somehow or other though I have to believe that Dabo has a firm handle on all of this. When was the last time recruiting was a disappointment under his watch?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree..+1!

Nov 12, 2012, 9:32 AM

I only know of one mistake that Dabo has made in the recruiting process and that is the handling of Marlin Lane. I think pulling his offer was a knee jerk reaction and a bad move for a kid who had an arrest that our star player ended up having as well.

We could really use a Marlin Lane next season.

Other than that, you're right and I'm sure it'll be handled. Just tired of seeing Clemson's name associated with this drama.

Coach's call, coach's discretion ....

Nov 12, 2012, 9:45 AM

gotta trust dabo on this one...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coach's call, coach's discretion ....

Nov 12, 2012, 9:47 AM

Read the update on the de that is commited to Awbarn that Dabo has contacted.

Re: Coach's call, coach's discretion ....

Nov 12, 2012, 12:15 PM

yes, i saw it , coach swinney knows what he is doing , one way or the other, just making the statement that i see so many people telling him on the board what to do in recruiting...he knows what he is doing....go coach , go tigers !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Re: Don't include Gallman in this soap opera

Nov 12, 2012, 9:48 AM

They can keep the offer out there, remember he decommitted, so if some others come along and commit and sign then he jus loses out on the offer! His lost not ours,just because he's a top player doesn't mean he's gonna be great in College, let me remind you of a guy by the name of Willy Korn!

Re: Re: Don't include Gallman in this soap opera

Nov 12, 2012, 9:51 AM

Willy Korn damaged his shoulder but I get your point.

I would pull the offers just to make a stand. You don't pull Clemson around on a leash like your puppy dog.

Obviously with the contact to Lawson, Clemson is looking

Nov 12, 2012, 9:52 AM

around. With RN committed, Dabo & Co. didn't need to look around. Now that he's decommitted, it works both ways. Clemson is now looking around, as they should be.

The coaches have a good handle at this. They haven't forgotten how to recruit in the last week.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for the last line***

Nov 12, 2012, 9:53 AM

Disagree - Clemson does not look foolish. I trust our

Nov 12, 2012, 10:03 AM

coaches to do the right thing at the right time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gallman isn't in that 3

Nov 12, 2012, 10:06 AM

Kamara could be a good player, but we could also do better. If he wants to ride RN's coattails to Oxford then let him. But Gallman is a Tiger through and through. He is the kind of guy we want and has the potential to be play as a freshman with Dye getting hurt and potentially looking at a redshirt.

Gallman is all in!

Nov 12, 2012, 11:32 AM

The other two are like teenagers(wait they are teenagers) who have never been looked at by the prettiest girl in the class, just wait til the shine wears off and they will do what is best for them. If it's Clemson great, if not we move on. one player doesn't make a program unless it's peyton or johnny football!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They don't have to "pull" RN's offer. They'll just

Nov 12, 2012, 11:34 AM

give it to Carl Lawson

LOL

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic