Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo is one of a kind
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 4,235

Dabo is one of a kind

Oct 13, 2016, 1:30 AM

As a lot of you know the homecoming floats are being built on Bowman as we speak. Two hours ago Dabo stopped by to say thanks at each float individually and check up on progress and take pictures with anyone. I received a doughnut from the man freshman year when camping out for the Georgia game. I got an All-in chip while waiting in line to pick up my Florida State ticket. I attended a pizza party hosted by the man last year and now this. I don't know how many students at other schools can make the same claim about the involvement of their head coach, but if any can I know they do not win as much as Dabo does. And you know what " the fun is in the winning". I'm proud of just how far Dabo has taken this team and how he has managed despite all of this success to randomly brighten the days of students and fans by stopping in and expressing his gratitude. I had no idea what we we were getting into when Death Valley and I chanted his name after the victory over the coots in 2008, but I would have never guessed this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo is one of a kind

Oct 13, 2016, 1:36 AM

Tu, my man. I was doubtful of the promotion at the time but it's impossible for any doubting Thomas to dispute the results. If Dabo can win it all, and I believe he can and will, he will in my mind be the goat at Clemson. And that's n

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2016, 1:59 AM

He is already the goat at Clemson, he is 23-1 right now, after Saturday he will be 24-1. If that don't qualify him as the Goat at Clemson, then nothing will but, he is the big Goat at Clemson and in DV!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2016, 2:25 AM

Thank you for sharing. Coach DS is one of a kind. I am so glad he is our coach.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2016, 2:32 AM

When I think of some of the names that were tossed around and passed over in favor of Dabo, it makes me shudder. I honestly do not believe there is another man alive who would fit in better at Clemson and achieve more than him. And consider how young he is. The man could win 20 conf CGs and a NC or two and that is not being hyperbolic. He is worth twice what he is being paid.

TDP got a ton of grief over the hire, but boy did he nail it***

Oct 13, 2016, 9:01 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2016, 3:03 AM

My daughter shared a similar story with me last year. He stopped in to a Central Spirit meeting on a Sunday night to thank them for all they do to enhance the game day atmosphere and answered questions for like a half hour. On a Sunday night during the football season.
That also speaks to Kathleen and the boys who support their husband/dad. As someone who travels a lot for work, the family support is huge.

When I shared the above story with Mark Packer on Serius radio he had the best reply...."He is a class act and one of e best guys in the sport, period."

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said and thanks for saying it.....

Oct 13, 2016, 6:38 AM

The only other coach I know who takes as much genuine interest in the school, players and particularly students is also a great one..... Mike Krzyzewski. People like that are rare and we're lucky to have one.

Re: Well said and thanks for saying it.....

Oct 13, 2016, 6:55 AM

Ha, funny you mention this as Coach K was the only other one who came to mind while reading this thread. He used to deliver pizzas to the students camping out for Duke-UNC tickets, and stop in to campus functions to personally thank students, etc. Seems to be a good formula for success if you ask me!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somehow I felt the same way about Dabo the day he took...

Oct 13, 2016, 7:43 AM

the job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Likewise, once I heard his acceptance speech. At the time,

Oct 13, 2016, 8:14 AM

it was just a gut feeling... Now, it's been confirmed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Practices what he preached in every way!! Go Tigers!!***

Oct 13, 2016, 8:05 AM

My wife and I are lucky enough...

Oct 13, 2016, 9:54 AM

to get his autograph after a football game. But I'm still jealous of those who got opportunities like the OP.

Only other time Ive seen this is Herb Brooks in 1980***

Oct 13, 2016, 12:07 PM

Replies: 13
| visibility 4,235
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic