Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo has 31 losses since taking over in 2008
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,032

Dabo has 31 losses since taking over in 2008

Sep 15, 2020, 12:37 PM

15 of those losses were to 3 teams ( FSU,SC,and GT) none of those 3 teams has beaten Clemson since 2014

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Impressive for sure--for comparison, Bowden

Sep 15, 2020, 12:50 PM

hit 31 losses by the 4th game of his 7th season (2005).

Muschamp is in his 5th season in Columbia and is on pace to do it this year if he hits his season avg of losses--25 losses to date, avg 6.25 losses per year!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Impressive for sure--for comparison, Bowden

Sep 15, 2020, 1:20 PM

Bowden's effectiveness left with Rich Rod unfortunately.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Impressive for sure--for comparison, Bowden

Sep 15, 2020, 10:13 PM

It was painfully obvious halfway through Bowden‘s third season that Rich Rod was the reason he was successful those first two years. I knew that third season that TB was never going to win a national championship at Clemson. I was saying that on Tiger net by the end of the third season and calling for him to be fired during the fourth and fifth season. Well coached teams are not inconsistent. And absolutely not as wildly whipsaw inconsistent week to week the way those Tommy Bowden teams were.

Clemson should never lose to Duke or Wake Forest, but even after repeated losses to those guys, including some ugly beat downs by Wake Forest, there were morons on this website praising TB. There are people on here that think everything Clemson is perfect! They think that a Clemson coach, or player, or professor, or administrator, or anyone associated with Clemson is perfect! And if that person openly professes to be a Christian they will be supported and forgiven for anything by a certain group of people on this board!

Oddly enough, me and other Bowden critics Were the primary ones on here giving TB credit for improvements in facilities and upgrading recruiting. He should get credit for setting the table for Dabo’s success. Those that supported him to the bitter end were throwing him under the bus after Dabo started slinging the Bible verses. My mother is an evangelical and I was raised Southern Baptist so I am quite familiar and used to how things are here in the Bible belt. But it really does feel like a cult on this board sometimes!

Funny Enough...

Sep 15, 2020, 1:00 PM

TgrChd said:

15 of those losses were to 3 teams ( FSU,SC,and GT) none of those 3 teams has beaten Clemson since 2014

7 of those losses (so a little over 20% of his losses) came in the 2010 season...

Crazy to think 20% of DABO SWEENEY'S LOSSES came in 1 bad season...

The dude is averaging over 10 wins a season since he took over and is 69 (noice)-5 which = 93% win rate since 2015

Basically like playing the ole NCAA Football games at this point dominating the recruiting trails and (most) championship games!

#WeSpoiled

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo has 31 losses since taking over in 2008

Sep 15, 2020, 2:41 PM

great and intelligent football post. Didn't realize he lost to GT five times. Definitely before BV!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2020, 10:23 PM

BV is definitely like kryptonite to GT!

I firmly believe, and not because I am a Clemson alum and fan, but based purely on performance on the field and his consistency despite having to rebuild year after year, that he is hands-down the best defensive coordinator in college football!

The odd thing about playing GT is this myth that the triple option is some mystical offense that’s difficult to defend. Back in the 80s and even a lot of the 90s that was the go to offense for most college football teams. It’s actually not that hard to defend. But now very few teams run that type of offense so players are not used to defending it. But it is not difficult to stop. All it requires is players being disciplined! If you are disciplined and stick to your gap or stick to your man and do not over pursue you should be successful. It also requires teams that are good at tackling. Poor tackling teams are in trouble because it really is each player playing his man and making those open field tackles. But if you play disciplined defense you should be successful, especially if you are a top tier team because only teams with inferior talent run that offense.

That’s almost 3 straight winless seasons...

Sep 15, 2020, 9:35 PM

Not good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: That’s almost 3 straight winless seasons...

Sep 15, 2020, 9:40 PM

Fire Batson!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2020, 10:35 PM

Tim Bourret? Is that you?

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,032
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic