Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo and USCjr
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Dabo and USCjr

Aug 14, 2012, 6:00 PM

I read an article a long time ago on tigernet. It had a a statement made my Dabo saying, "I did not know how much beating south carolina meant to the fans. I hope he knows now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link?***

Aug 14, 2012, 6:08 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo and USCjr

Aug 14, 2012, 7:48 PM

We should want to win every game decisively, but beating usuc again, as we have done so often in our rich history, though very important, shouldn't take priority over any other win. They are not much of a factor in the big scheme of things. They just like to think they are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2012, 10:37 PM

disagree. while neither of us are really players on a national scene right now its very important to both schools to beat each other. this state doesnt produce enough talent for both of us to be very good. yall have done well recently recruiting out of state but that will always have ups and downs. the only way either of us will reach an elite level and maintain that level will be to dominate the other school to the point that you then dominate instate recruiting every year.

Aug 15, 2012, 4:55 AM

i'm not so sure the outcome of the game has much weight when it comes time to decide where to attend school.academics, playing time,compatibility with coaches/players, rural vs. urban setting,etc has far more to do with where the young man decides to go.as a fan, there are a lot of teams i'd rather beat than usuc, just no one i hate losing to, more than them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2012, 7:47 AM

You couldn't be more on the money. Coots think they are a measuring stick, but they always have been legends in their own minds. When a player and his parents compare the 2 schools, smart ones will choose Clemson. Too much to offer and coaches who try to make, not only football players, but also successful young men.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 15, 2012, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo and USCjr ]

i agree wholeheartedly that it doesnt matter much in the short term. however, if one team could really become dominant it would eventually have an effect. like it did in the 80s with ford. clemson was considered a national football power and we were considered an easy win for any decent team. yall got mostly everyone you wanted instate and, besides a few who grew up gamecock fans, we got yalls leftovers. it was a cycle we couldnt break and it kept yall stocked with talent. then when clemson came back to earth under hatfield, west, and bowden we got back in the game enough to pull a bigger share of the instate talent. since then neither of us have ever been elite and unless one of us gets to that level of domination again things will stay the same. either of us may put it together and have a great year or two but as long as the rivalry stays really competitive neither of will maintain a national power type status. we hold each other back.

Aug 15, 2012, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo and USCjr ]

It's okay to disagree, but I doubt it matters much to an intelligent high school recruit. As a matter of fact, many would see that as an opportunity to move right in and get some early playing time, but to some it could be a factor. That is a poor reason to make a college choice, however.

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO

Aug 15, 2012, 7:27 AM

CLASS VS ###

Uum, fail.***

Aug 15, 2012, 7:41 AM

I don't recall the statement; however, Dabo has been at

Aug 15, 2012, 8:00 AM

Clemson long enough to appreciate the rivalry. The fact remains that there is a considerable portion of the Clemson family that considers the Clemson/USC game to be the most important, shy, of course, of a NC and even more important than an ACC championship, as they despise the ACC. There are enough of these fans more than willing to exert their influence upon the powers-that-be at Clemson to make sure ALL the coaches understand the importance of the rivalry. And no amount of arguing, debating, threatening, name-calling, whatever is going to change this type of thinking...period. And that's precisely why after last year's loss to USC, I posted that every TNetter should understand that the wagons were beginning to circle with weapons locked and loaded, and that NO coach at Clemson is EVER going to be allowed to let the series do a 180 in USC's favor!

Re: I don't recall the statement; however, Dabo has been at

Aug 15, 2012, 3:23 PM

I would venture to say it's already happened in football and baseball.

Re: I don't recall the statement; however, Dabo has been at

Aug 15, 2012, 3:45 PM [ in reply to I don't recall the statement; however, Dabo has been at ]

The first thing Spurrier did when he got to USC was make them take down all the beat Clemson posters. He said that winning the SEC comes first and I totally agree. While I appreciate the rivalry between our schools and enjoy all the smack talk that goes with it I would rather win the SEC if I had to choose. Of course winning the SEC these days is a ticket to the NC so it does make the choice a bit easier. Would any of you trade a trip to the NC game over a win against USC?

Wasn't aware ol' ball sack coached at S. Cal....

Aug 15, 2012, 3:52 PM
24969762.jpg(155.6 K)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Wasn't aware ol' ball sack coached at S. Cal....

Aug 15, 2012, 4:03 PM

Wasn't aware that you lost to S. Cal the past 3 years.

We didn't lose to Southern Cal the last three years

Aug 15, 2012, 4:11 PM

What are you talking about?

Re: We didn't lose to Southern Cal the last three years

Aug 15, 2012, 4:13 PM

I was replying to Ridgeland Booster's post about "The Old Ball Sack" coaching at S. Cal.

Oh, I know what you were trying to do

Aug 15, 2012, 4:16 PM

It just didn't make that much sense.

Re: Wasn't aware ol' ball sack coached at S. Cal....

Aug 15, 2012, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Wasn't aware ol' ball sack coached at S. Cal.... ]

No, but I am aware of the fact that we OWN the school of Columbia. Nice of you to drop by your big brothers' board, by the way. Also see you feather-headed morons still obsess over us, as usual.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I think I recall the statement you're referring to, but it

Aug 15, 2012, 4:06 PM

went more like this: after the third consecutive loss to the coots, Dabo said he was now understanding how important it is to beat them. Guess he's gotten a little bit of negative feedback about it. ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic