Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo Wasn't Kidding About Pitt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Dabo Wasn't Kidding About Pitt

Nov 29, 2018, 9:42 AM

Dabo's comments about Pitt at this week's press conf. were not just "coach speak." We should respect Narduzzi's Panthers.

They DID beat us in '16. Who else has from ACC? Only SYR.

Granted, they've had some losses when they should have played better - but playing N.Dame to within 5 is not too shabby.

Watch some tape on Pitt. Well-coached & they're physical. This IS the ACC Championship, so expect their best effort. All that said - I think we win. Whether we cover that 27+ - just have to see.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo Wasn't Kidding About Pitt

Nov 29, 2018, 9:45 AM

They have spent at least the last 2 weeks preparing for this game so it could get interesting early but I still think we pull away in the end.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think they spent one minute on Miami.***

Nov 29, 2018, 9:53 AM

Nov 29, 2018, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo Wasn't Kidding About Pitt ]

I agree. Tigers usually bring the "A Game" to championship outings.

If we play a full 4 quarters of CU football, we should come home with a really nice win. I do think, though, Pitt will give it all they've got. It'll be like the Super Bowl for them.

To me, a few mistakes in the SC game just means we'll be totally focused vs Pitt.

I didn’t see our A game in the state championship.***

Nov 29, 2018, 9:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

ding ding ding - we have a winner ^^^

Nov 29, 2018, 10:29 PM

that was “c” game....at best.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: I didn’t see our A game in the state championship.***

Nov 29, 2018, 10:33 PM [ in reply to I didn’t see our A game in the state championship.*** ]

Coot s are so sorry it's hard to get hyped to play them. The game is really not the "state championship." Coots are not the second best team in the state.

Nov 29, 2018, 9:50 AM

I think I would have to take Pitt and the 27 if I was a gambling type. That being said, I will NOT be one of the ones crushed if we "only" win by 21! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 9:57 AM

Some fans may care about the margin of victory again scar, but I would place a heavy bet that there are almost no Clemson fans who are not falling in to the win and move on category at this point.

Sure we would love to see a blowout to save our nerves, Sure if it's a close game then people may worry about the next one, but that will come after the fact. We want to win and get started on the playoff!

Nov 29, 2018, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo Wasn't Kidding About Pitt ]

Margin of victory only matters against the coots. They are our moral, political, and sporting enemies and cannot be allowed any morale boosts. Their trash behaviors are only modified by total domination. Everyone else - winning by 1 is good enough.

Nov 29, 2018, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo Wasn't Kidding About Pitt ]

Yep 27 too high

We steamroll***

Nov 29, 2018, 9:53 AM

The weather concerns me too much to

Nov 29, 2018, 11:45 AM

think steamroll.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The weather concerns me too much to

Nov 29, 2018, 9:13 PM

Me too, but I like sayin' it.

Guys! If you never

Nov 29, 2018, 9:21 PM

. . . . believe anything else HRT says, believe this! We will play well Saturday! Pitt cannot beat us unless we help them, period! The scar-lina game for the defense and the fact Clemson has never beaten Pitt "WILL" have the team dialed in.

We would have to play our C- game or lower to lose to Pitt. Pitt would have to play their A- or up game and have us at or below C-. It isn't going to happen b/c of the before mentioned reasons!

**never beaten Pitt.
**defense will be a lot more focused.
**Pitt beat us last time and the team is being reminded of that. Which puts that butterfly in your step and extra adrenaline to focus better and have physical strength/stamina/speed to complete assignments. I don't think you get that the same way when - you are heavy favorites and people are talking about how bad you will beat your rival all week.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I watched their game with Miami last week

Nov 29, 2018, 9:57 AM

If they don't improve on offense this week during practice, it will be over early.

Pitt isnt going to see the same D that played against the Chickens last week

Nov 29, 2018, 10:01 AM

Venables with have the boys laser focused. Think Clemson makes a big statement Saturday night at Pitt's expense.

Re: Pitt isnt going to see the same D that played against the Chickens last week

Nov 29, 2018, 10:27 AM

Or the one they decimated 2 years ago.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt, they only show up when they play top ten teams

Nov 29, 2018, 10:06 AM

This isnt' a pushover game, plus its going to be wet and cold that night which would only work in the favor of the less talented team b/c it neutralizes the talent gap somewhat...I hope we get up early on and not let this be another "let the other team hang around" type game. Go Tigers! Be dominant from the jump!

Expect team to take business like approach to this game

Nov 29, 2018, 10:13 AM

It’s a critical game no doubt. But the first of hopefully 3 critical games. Defense will be ready to stop the run and we’ll see if Pitt can pass and if secondary is locked in.

Do not look for any new wrinkles offensively. I see Dabo, TE and Streeter coaching TL16 to like SC game keep taking what the defense offers . Tigers win by 17-28 unless Pitt just lays down and dies.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Expect team to take business like approach to this game

Nov 29, 2018, 10:22 AM

Shovel Pass , , They gashed us with a shovel pass . I don't think they have a back as good as Connor

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

alot of that was new installments from what i remember

Nov 29, 2018, 10:33 AM

so they had not shown any of that all year. Expect the same this game. There will be some surprise formations just like SCUm did in order to get some rare chunk plays. hopefully we can play to keep it all in front of us if they do decide to do that on occasion. They'll also be attacking the middle with their tight end. Hopefully Tre Lamar will be back to snuff alot of that out.

simple fact...if defense plays like Clemson Defense is supposed to...this game is over by halftime.

Re: Expect team to take business like approach to this game

Nov 29, 2018, 7:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Expect team to take business like approach to this game ]

The old shovel pass to the tight end that we couldn't stop in 2016. Coach V put a stop to that because every team we played after that tried it at least a couple times and got nothing. I even saw it this year and gained maybe 2 yards. I also think some other problems from last week will be fixed for th ACCCG.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2018, 10:32 AM

Pitt wont have Duane Heydt to bail them out either.

This is not a good matchup for Pitt IMO. They are a running

Nov 29, 2018, 11:34 AM

team. Our strength is DL. This could get very ugly because on the other side they will have problems stopping us and once we have the lead they either will be left to run out the clock or try to pass and they are not a passing team.

It should look similar to Miami. Miami has the 2nd best DL in the ACC... they couldn't run against them and fell behind. And our O is light years ahead of Miami's.

Teams that give us problems:

1)Mobile QBs that improvise and can pass
2)Teams that run hurry up with qbs that are able to get the ball out of their hands quickly

Bama and OK are the teams we don't want to face in the playoffs- we'll be forced to outscore if we don't devise a plan to get some base conservative schemes in and play to make them drive the ball vs. big play. We may be able to outscore OK but would likely hinge on TOs. Literally, if you punt twice against them, you could be done. Bama not at that level on O but very good. Try to make them drive 10 plays and make a mistake.

Nov 29, 2018, 11:53 AM

"Granted, they've had some losses when they should have played better - but playing N.Dame to within 5 is not too shabby."

While I want to agree with you, I think the close game with ND speaks more to how BAD ND is than how GOOD Pitt is. Pitt lead the entire game until 5:43 left in the game. They also missed two FG's and lost by 5, so they could have beaten ND. I watched a lot of that game, and ND is just not all that good.

We have a QB that can throw the deep ball and the great receivers to catch those passes, and Pitt has shown that they are susceptible to the deep routes and have a lot of difficulty covering fast guys.

Nov 29, 2018, 12:34 PM

that Pitt loss still stings me. It was all my fault. Luckily, we overcame that loss and fulfilled our destiny.

Nov 29, 2018, 2:51 PM

I wouldn't say that!

Re: Dabo Wasn't Kidding About Pitt - '16 Loss Was NOT Your Fault, BBoulware17

Nov 29, 2018, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo Wasn't Kidding About Pitt ]

I can't accept, BBoulware17, that it was "all your fault" as far as Pitt loss in '16.

The game is a team sport - won or lost by a team. In 2016, the BIG TROPHY was won more by YOUR leadership and that of other team leaders & coaches than anything. We had chances to win the Pitt game - it didn't quite work out that day & that happens - but no one player or coach is soley to blame or credit for any particular win or loss.

Just like if D.Watson, H.Renfrow & a bunch of others - including BBoulware17 - had not been on the team, CU would not have won that National Trophy.

Any wins or (one loss) were TEAM wins/loss. You shouldn't and don't deserve to shoulder the blame for any outcome that resulted in a loss. It is spread equally among all - the TEAM.

I tell you the Truth.

Just as it could be said about so many others - no BBoulware17 - no BIG TROPHY.

Thanks on behalf of all Tiger fans - and keep being great, BBoulware17!

Nov 30, 2018, 12:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo Wasn't Kidding About Pitt ]

Well we barely beat cuse. What's that say about us? I dont think you can say that about ND/PITT and not about us and Cuse

About Cuse Game

Nov 30, 2018, 4:44 AM

That was TL's first start after a chaotic week and he was knocked out early.

Nov 30, 2018, 4:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo Wasn't Kidding About Pitt ]

"We barely beat cuse". Trolls will troll. That was TL's first start, and when he tripped, fell, and got injured on the way down, Brice came in and did his job. Play cuse again now, it's a 3 TD win for Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Murica Beat The Germans in WWII Also

Nov 29, 2018, 9:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's face it, The Big East

Nov 30, 2018, 3:09 AM

Teams give Clemson the most trouble! Conference expansion bit the Tigers on that count! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's face it, The Big East

Nov 30, 2018, 4:46 AM

Yep, I wonder why that is? Maybe we just don't get up for those northern teams? No sense of rivalry?

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic