Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo Pumpers, This one question answers it all...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 72
| visibility 1

Dabo Pumpers, This one question answers it all...

Dec 9, 2013, 2:28 PM

Do you honestly believe SCjr has cleary had enough talent superior to ours the last 5 years in a row to beat us? If your answer is no, which is my belief, there's only one other answer....... COACHING!! Throw things at me, cry, yell, call me a coot, whatever.. Dabo is NOT the man to get this team to a level it needs to be at to consistently perform on a national stage outside of the ACC. I honestly think this team and last years team may be the most talent we've had in 30 years and Dabo still can't find a way to beat SCjr... Dont get me wrong, winning 10 games is great, but if we can't beat SC it doesn't matter b/c all we'll ever be is Orange bowl or Chicila bound... Mabye I'm greedy but I've had years of watching the Tigers underacheive and I want a national championship, PERIOD.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yada, yada, yada.... Yea, everybody has one.***

Dec 9, 2013, 2:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo Pumpers, This one question answers it all...

Dec 9, 2013, 2:32 PM

You are either a coot and idiot or both and people with your ignorant stupid attitudes make me not even want to participate. and to your question yes SC has had superior talent the last 5 years although a few like this year are close!

Dec 9, 2013, 2:35 PM

Anybody that is accepting of a coach that set a record for worst beat down in the orange bowl EVER, worse home loss in Death Valley EVER, and lost to the coots 5 times in a row for the first time EVER, have to be coots themselves. People like that make me not want to participate.

Dec 9, 2013, 2:40 PM

> Anybody that is accepting of a coach that set a
> record for worst beat down in the orange bowl EVER,
> worse home loss in Death Valley EVER, and lost to the
> coots 5 times in a row for the first time EVER, have
> to be coots themselves. People like that make me not
> want to participate.

you just solved your own problem. Don't participate.....#########

Re: AMEN!**.***

Dec 9, 2013, 3:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2013, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo Pumpers, This one question answers it all... ]

You mad bro? Chill out and enjoy your teams trip to Tampa.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you know what happens when you fire a 10 win coach?

Dec 9, 2013, 2:33 PM

It becomes absurdly harder to get another with any real experience or national recognition. We will be the team that fired a coach that brought us back to national prominence, consistent top 15 recruiting classes, Top 15 rankings, etc.

No other coach with any sense would take the job after Dabo in that case because they'll be asking themselves what they would have to do to please the obviously insane fans. It's fine to want excellence but there is a reason that you usually only have 1 undefeated team in a season, it's really really hard to do.

Re: Do you know what happens when you fire a 10 win coach?

Dec 9, 2013, 8:02 PM

Good point. Never thought of it that way.

We fired our last coach that won 10 games back2back2back***

Dec 9, 2013, 8:25 PM [ in reply to Do you know what happens when you fire a 10 win coach? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo has beaten a top 25 OOC team each of the last 3 seasons

Dec 9, 2013, 2:34 PM

tell me how that isn't competing on the national level

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

he's also 6-12 vs teams that finished the season top 25.....

Dec 9, 2013, 2:59 PM

it's all a matter of perception

bottomline is he's lost the 2 most important games of the season 2 straight years.........and the SINGLE most important game of the season 5 straight years

I would disagree with that

Dec 9, 2013, 3:11 PM

I would say the LSU game was more important for our program than the Scar game last season. Win the Scar game and lose the bowl game and the perception of our program changes negatively. The same could be true this season with a win against Ohio State.
Saying where teams finish the season is a weird stat. If you beat a team they will fall and if they beat you they will rise in the rankings.
An honest question, is the 6-12 in his career or in the last 3 years as I was speaking about?

Re: I would disagree with that

Dec 9, 2013, 3:12 PM

My post about the last 3 years was in another thread. Sorry.

i think it's a better stat than beating "ranked at the time"

Dec 9, 2013, 3:24 PM [ in reply to I would disagree with that ]

teams.

we beat auburn the first game of last year............turns out that wasn't a very good win

teams that DON'T finish in the top 25 likely lost 4-5 games or more which aren't good wins anyway

and we can disagree about the "most important" game deal.......SOUTH CAROLINA is #1 must win every year to me.

think about it we beat them this year and we have arguably the 2nd best year in our history and one of the highest finishes in the polls (after the regular season anyways) that we've had

You don't know Clemson history very well

Dec 9, 2013, 3:30 PM

if you think this is the 2nd best year in history.
We didn't even win our conference which has happened many times before. All of those were not 10 win seasons but we have had plenty of 1 and 2 loss seasons also.

of course.....which is why i said "arguably"..........

Dec 9, 2013, 4:07 PM

we've had successful seasons in the past no doubt, but 11-1 would've be up there regardless of conference championships.......ESPECIALLY in this "new age" of college football........some need to get the ACC championship out of your head........it's not a big deal to win it........unless you surround it with more.......ie national championship (like FSU) and beating your top 10 ranked rivals

Re: I would disagree with that

Dec 9, 2013, 5:08 PM [ in reply to I would disagree with that ]

Why do we just go back 3 yrs. and not his time as Head Coach...

##### all you want, it's not your decision...I trust the AD

to make the best staffing decisions for Clemson, not generic message board fans.

Re: ##### all you want, it's not your decision...I trust the AD

Dec 9, 2013, 2:37 PM

And I could say the same to you

I honestly believe that scar has had enought talent to...

beat us the first two or three of the last five. I'm not about to insult a sitting head coach. I'll wait until after he's fired for that. You hold your breath, I'm sure we'll agree in another 10 or 12 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2013, 2:36 PM

they've only been better than us 2 of the last 5 years. They were better than us in 2009 when we won. Coaching can do a lot of things but it can't execute. 6 turnovers in one game which is completely uncharacteristic is just one of those things that happen when your playing not to lose instead of playing to win. Is that coaching? IDK.

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

This will be Clemson's 5th OB in history

perspective. The Dabo whiners will never get over this..........................................All with only 85 scholarships(not 9 like Ford) , 20 hours of practice a week( not unlimited like Ford), players that actually go to class and graduate(something that has not always happened at Clemson in the past, under Ford) and no d@mn PROBATION(again like Ford). So, those of you that don't like Dabo, S T F U and mover along . We have no use for you and those like you.

poor poor horse

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

and like all good women, Martha

Had a big bowl just waiting for him when he got home.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: and like all good women, Martha

Dec 9, 2013, 7:57 PM

TU for the Dazed and Confused reference, GeeVille. Heyyyy man....watch the leather.

LOL***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So the players all played th their potential????

You can't blame everything on Dabo. Whoever decides that Tajh Boyd will be on the field, Ren when he is making horrible passes, can't stop the QB from running, and not throwing the ball deep enough this season, are also to blame. Dabo didn't fumble 3 times and get intercepted twice. Just like Spurrier didn't make Clowney become a wuss this year. Sometimes players make bad decisions on feild and off. Do you think Clemson loses Orange bowl a couple of years ago of Ellington doesn't fumble and it gets returned for a TD? Does SC win if we don't have six fumbles? Will you be angry if we curb-stomp Ohio State and end up in top 10? Will Dabo be your hero then?

Explain Auburn then....... Malzahn, ie.. Coaching***

You do realize....

Dec 9, 2013, 2:47 PM

in the last four years Auburn has signed the No. 8, No. 10, No. 7 and No. 4 recruiting classes in the nation.

It ain't just coaching. Their coaches have a wealth of talent with which to work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I get less convinced about recruiting rankings the more

Dec 9, 2013, 4:21 PM

people use it as the crutch.

So many HS 3 stars go on to be the best players, I find it hard to understand why some think they can say for sure that a team that had a No. 4 ranked class necessarily got better players than one ranked No. 10 for example.

Nuk was not a 5 star. Dwayne Allen was not a 5 star. Outside of Clemson, Bryce Petty (Baylor) was a 3 star, but has become a top QB.

Yes, Auburn had consecutively good recruiting classes. But ours have progressively gotten better too. It's not so much about how many 5 stars you get but more about how well you develop the 4 stars and especially the 3 stars (or maybe even lower).

Re: Explain Auburn then....... Malzahn, ie.. Coaching***

Dec 9, 2013, 4:37 PM [ in reply to Explain Auburn then....... Malzahn, ie.. Coaching*** ]

Funny. Wasn't Marzipan there last season when they were sucking it up. Didn't Auburn also fire the coach that lead them to a NC? Makes ya wonder who is really leading the teams. Maybe it is players that decide to be leaders.

If you think this team is the most talent we have had in 30

Dec 9, 2013, 2:39 PM

years--

You should Banhammer yourself. seriously, go , now, do it

So anything less than perfection is unacceptable ?!?!?!***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So anything less than perfection is unacceptable ?!?!?!***

Dec 9, 2013, 2:42 PM

correction: Losing to the coots FIVE YEARS in a row is unacceptable.. Anyone who thinks otherwise is clearly a coot.

Re: So anything less than perfection is unacceptable ?!?!?!***

Dec 9, 2013, 2:43 PM

lol @ you calling people "coots"

null

I don't think you will find any fan, player, or coach....

Dec 9, 2013, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: So anything less than perfection is unacceptable ?!?!?!*** ]

who disagrees but that was not the basis of your original argument.

Trolls change their original argument at will***

Dec 9, 2013, 2:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Then don't accept it. Now go away.***

Dec 9, 2013, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: So anything less than perfection is unacceptable ?!?!?!*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're light years closer to your goal than we've been in the

past 20 years. The most talent we've had in 30 years committed SIX (6) turnovers in the coot game, FOUR (4) in the 4th quarter alone. Coaching is what put the otherwise remarkably sure handed Adam Humphries in at punt returner. How would you have coached that differently? Coaching is what recruited and trained one of the program's and league's best QB's as part of that mix and put him on the field as well. Should they have put in a different QB when we were tied at 17 in the 4th with the ball and momentum?

Sorry sport but you need to look elsewhere to cure your misery.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yawn - white noise.***

How much ignorance does it take

Dec 9, 2013, 2:45 PM

for you to think that you have anyone fooled about your dislike for Clemson?

I am amazed at all of the coots on this bored trying to pretend that nobody knows they are not Clemson fans.

I shall take your rant with a grade of slaw...

Re: How much ignorance does it take

How much ignorance does it take for people to realize some people want to beat their rival atleast once in 5 years?? Make me laugh at calling me ignorant.

Re: How much ignorance does it take

Dec 9, 2013, 2:53 PM

Wanting to beat your rival and wanting to fire a coach who has won close to 30 games in 3 years, who has beaten 4 top 10 team in that 3 years, and has won a conference title are two completely different things.

Your inability to see the difference is your ignorance.

Ignorant...you're an angry little elf aren't you?***

Dec 9, 2013, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Re: How much ignorance does it take ]

Does he sit on a shelf, too?***

Dec 9, 2013, 3:53 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

If the Orange Bowl isn't enough for you, then you probably

need to find another team....or better yet find a different sport. Expecting to win a national championship more than once every 50 years isn't realistic. Texas A&M hasn't had one since 1939. Stanford hasn't had one since 1940. South Carolina, Baylor, and Oregon, all top-10 teams, have never had one.

What Dabo is doing is he's giving us a chance to get to that national championship. By winning 10 games consistently and bringing in better and better recruits each year, we're at the point where we just need one magical run. You can't always control how the ball bounces, but you can control how you run a program, and Dabo is doing it the right way.

Can't say it much better than this***

Dec 9, 2013, 2:48 PM

Agree. The perfect synopsis of our current situation... +1.***

Dec 9, 2013, 3:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People are struggling to see the forest for the trees***

Dec 9, 2013, 3:51 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For many (me included) it's not as much the W/L but the

Dec 9, 2013, 4:14 PM [ in reply to If the Orange Bowl isn't enough for you, then you probably ]

absolute disgrace of the L's. Our wins over teams like LSU and UGA of recent are proof we can have the prep and mental toughness. But then we wet ourselves against FSU and SCar again. THAT is where coaching comes in. There is less doubt about talent. With out talent, we might not be able to clobber FSU, but good grief, we certainly have enough talent to make it close. That's a big reason I felt the paid talkers and writers went so quiet about us after FSU. We played soooo, sooooo below our talent.

Coaching. Like I said in my earlier post in this thread, I'll chalk it up to inexperience for Dabo and Morris. But the clock is ticking. If we loose again to FSU on their turf next year, but COMPETE, I'll happily suggest Dabo and Morris are 'maturing' and continue to support them.

I wish I had more thumbs to turn up for this post***

Dec 9, 2013, 7:04 PM [ in reply to If the Orange Bowl isn't enough for you, then you probably ]

Oh. Just. Shut. The. ###. Up.

Dec 9, 2013, 2:54 PM

so tired of people using words like pumpers, etc.

Re: Oh. Just. Shut. The. ###. Up.

Dec 9, 2013, 8:17 PM

So tired of people calling people coots if their opinion isn't rah rah rah

Dec 9, 2013, 8:18 PM

coot

Dec 9, 2013, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh. Just. Shut. The. ###. Up. ]

That is bull #### little buddy I have been critical of Clemson athletics and I have never been called that term.

You are being called a coot because you are in fact a feather covered coward.

Run back to FGF #### lover.

null

Dec 9, 2013, 8:19 PM

i actually thought the coots wanted dabo at clemson forever. they sure dont show it in here.

Young HC. Inexperienced OC. Experienced DC.

Dec 9, 2013, 3:20 PM

In my view, Venables has wrung the most improvement out of his talent and perhaps that is experience working (college level).

Dabo and Morris are still green but I think talented. It's my opinion that the "Swinney Era" is a measurable improvement over the past "TB Era". But it's not good enough. I'll chalk it up to the less experienced coaches learning some lessons and to slower than wanted increase in recruited talent. But the trend is still upward. If next season still shows our talent plays under its skill and even wets itself in the tough matchups (FSU, e.g.), then maybe it's time to start to question if Dabo and Morris are at their limit at Clemson. Sometimes a new venue helps to change things.

But I'll give it at least one more year to see if we are still in the 'steady improvement' mode or not.

This is the first year that our OL and DL were competitive

Dec 9, 2013, 3:20 PM

The fall-off in our recruiting after Bowden quit and the illegal recruiting tactics of Spurrier and Co lead to huge disparity that cost us 3 losses. SCar being on probation has allowed us to catch up. The 2teams were very even this year and SCar executed better than we did at their home stadium. That being said, Dabo better make sure we kick their tails in the Valley next year!

They clearly had more talent at least 3 out of the

Dec 9, 2013, 3:29 PM

5 years, maybe 4 up until this year, particularly on O and D lines. Their defense has clearly been more talented than ours up until this year. This year we lost mainly due to the turnovers. Maybe, just maybe one of those years was due to "coaching".

Having said that, over time, a head coach puts together a body of work, and it is this body of work for which he is ultimately, undeniably accountable. The longer Dabo goes without beating the coots, the more it will diminish his body of work, the less important the reasons or excuses become, and the more important it becomes to put an end to the nonsense.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: They clearly had more talent at least 3 out of the

Dec 9, 2013, 3:32 PM

I think we had more talent in 09 and again this year. We were the less talented team in the 3 years in the middle.

I understand your emotions

Dec 9, 2013, 3:37 PM

And know where you're going. He can get us there, but he has some things to learn. Spurrier has "schooled" him for a few years now. If he (and his coaches) will learn, he can move forward to the next level. So far, the verdict's out.

So you've figured out that a sure-fire

Dec 9, 2013, 3:58 PM

hall of fame coach (SOS, one of the very best over the past 25 years) outcoached our young inexperienced coach?

And surely you would agree that our young inexperienced coach has won 31 games with 1 left to play over the past 3 seasons.

So who would you hire to close the gap between our young inexperienced coach and the HOF'er? I mean, we could be 8 wins and 3 MNCs better right?

OP is right

Dec 9, 2013, 4:04 PM

In game coaching has been the difference. Some are too glamoured by the njmber of wins but you are not getting them when they matter (minus LSU and UGA)

... and you aren't when it comes to GA and TN.***

Dec 9, 2013, 4:09 PM

There is NO excuse for losing 5 in a row.***

Dec 9, 2013, 4:40 PM

Re: There is NO excuse for losing 5 in a row.***

Dec 9, 2013, 5:38 PM

I started pulling for Clemson in 1975. Until now Clemson did not lose to SC. I think we have a new era of fans, coaches and players that don't care about winning the SC game. They can say all they want they do but actions speak louder than words. Clemson should have offered Gus Malzahn not Dabo; How's he doing a Auburn? I don't care is Clemson is 11-0 or 0-11; don't lose to SC ever.

Dec 9, 2013, 4:48 PM

Go buy you some Alabama gear and stop crying about being a ""CLEMSON FAN""----because you are not a ""CLEMSON FAN"" XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX*******

Dec 9, 2013, 8:15 PM

I'm not a Clemson fan bc I have an opinion about the coach that doesn't match yours... Good one

Dec 9, 2013, 8:16 PM

yawn you can say the same bull #### over and over again but you arent fooling anyone troll.

null

I believe that SC has had better defensive players and a

Dec 9, 2013, 6:01 PM

defensive coordinator until now. BV and his players were better this year but with turnovers it wasn't going to happen.

Even if you have better players and a better coach you will sometimes lose. Since you love Spurrier so much just look up the UT game.

You're lost in the forest and forgot birds eat breadcrumbs

Dec 9, 2013, 7:23 PM

I'm not going to waste words explaining. You wouldn't understand.

Wouldn't have mattered this year anyways... With the playoff

Dec 9, 2013, 7:45 PM

s starting next year, a win over usc jr may very well have landed us in the 4 team playoff pool, seeing as we were #6 heading into that game.

Next year this game will/may be relevant (if we beat who we're supposed to, and win either 1 of FSU/UGA).

Let's revisit the issue when if it counts for something next year.

Replies: 72
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic