Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another outstanding class
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,888

Another outstanding class

Dec 16, 2020, 8:36 AM

14 four stars and 2 five stars by 247 ranking. There are so many top-shelf players in this program--outstanding!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo & Co's talent evaluation

Dec 16, 2020, 9:00 AM

....and player development are second to none. There is simply not another CFB program that does it better.

If Dabo recruited a minimum of 4 OL every year, he'd be almost perfect.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo & Co's talent evaluation

Dec 16, 2020, 8:27 PM

....and player development are second to none. There is simply not another CFB program that does it better.

If Dabo recruited a minimum of 4 OL every year, he'd be almost perfect.

Reckless96, Tigers O, Quozzel - Do you all think our Staff ( and yes, I am asking for you to speculate here ) are believers in "their own evaluation when it comes to OL"? In other words, OL are notoriously hard to project how well they will transition in college. Especially if the kid is just bigger than everyone else in H.S. You know - how will he react and handle it when the defensive player is big and powerful too!
I have a suspicion they don't like the star rating when it comes to this particular position "especially"! They have offered a 3 star kid and passed on higher star rated players in the past. People find out - wow, Clemson didn't even offer. And that kid will end up being a solid contributor or an Isiah Simmons who was a 3 star who developed into a 1st round pick.
Do you all think that's what it is? Or do you think Bama, Florida, Georgia and Ohio State are out there doing negative recruiting toward Clemson as far as OL goes? I.E. they point out - the lack of OL players Clemson has put in the NFL! A kid and a kids parents hear that and they - "give in to fear they won't make the league if they go to Clemson"!
Has to be something! We got Jackson Carmen - and Mitch Hyatt - both 5 star guys! And immediate impact guys like their star rating said they were. But, we have not had good luck with that particular position. Just puzzling as to why!

Re: Dabo & Co's talent evaluation

Dec 17, 2020, 12:00 AM

I honestly have no idea what Clemson's recruiting strategy is, or why we don't put O-linemen in the NFL at the same rate as other positions.

One theory is that running a zone blocking scheme instead of man blocking hurts our player development. With the dudes that Clemson signs at the OL position it's unusual that we're still running a scheme designed for a smaller and less talented OL's. It's not 2010 anymore. In 2020 Clemson has recruited enough elite OL pesonell to run over teams if they want to.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a change in the off-season, especially if the run game costs us a "W" from here on out.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,888
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic