Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
who is the better QB? TL16 OR DW4?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

who is the better QB? TL16 OR DW4?

Dec 23, 2020, 1:15 AM

when Deshaun played at Clemson, I never thought zi would see a better Clemson QB in my lifetime. little did I know the one who followed him could be better than him.

I live them both, but seeing them both play, I think TL16 is a little better than DW4. thoughts?

Also, any chance DJ will be in the same level as these 2?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: who is the better QB? TL16 OR DW4?

Dec 23, 2020, 1:25 AM

Deshaun is incredible, Trevor is incredible, DJ going to be incredible but the difference is very small.

I think Trevor came in being better at reading defenses & knowing exactly where to go. He’s gifted with knowing the game, height & perfect form. That’s what makes him better overall college player but he will have to prove it in the NFL too.

Deshaun is very very smart but he wasn’t as far along when he came in but is a student of the game, in the NFL no gap between the two because Deshaun more than caught up. 3-4 inches shorter but I’d take Deshaun as my franchise QB any day.

DJ could still end up being better,, we’ll see. ?????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Dec 23, 2020, 1:26 AM

I'll go with DW4 for now but let's wait two more games.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2020, 3:52 AM

Both are tied at #1, and that puts aside any discussion bc, who are we to say which one is the best, they are both great Clemson QBs, and both are #1. DW4 and TL-16, I love them both as Clemson men, and Clemson QBs!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2020, 5:52 AM

Why does there have to be a comparison?
And while your at it, why no mention of Homer Jordan?
Like, wasn't he the quarterback of Clemson's first National Championship in 1981.
Just a thought.

Dec 23, 2020, 7:11 AM

Valid points leftie. I’ve never been a fan of ‘who’s better’, ‘greatest of all time’, MVP/MOP, etc.

(.... doesn’t mean that I’m not damb happy we have the problem of deciding who is the best, though)

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Dec 23, 2020, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: who is the better QB? TL16 OR DW4? ]

I agree totally, we shouldn't ever compare one of our players to another as in who was the best bc, every player, I believe they all chose to be a Clemson Tiger bc they all knew that if they gave their best, they would get a chance to play. If the are giving, and doing their best, their best should never be compared to another that maybe more talented. I wouldn't, and none of our fan base would like being compared as to who are the best fans. So why would we compare one Clemson Tiger player to another. One or two things can happen when something like that was to get back to those players, he could work harder to try and get better, or they could just give up believing they would never be a 5 star player. They are all good IMO, and some have a different skill level than others!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2020, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Re: who is the better QB? TL16 OR DW4? ]

Also what about QB #10? Boyd threw the best deep ball I've seen at Clemson. He hardly ever missed down field. He also had the best group of receivers that we've ha so far.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers........Fight Big Cat

Yes.***

Dec 23, 2020, 7:43 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's really almost apples and oranges, depends on what

Dec 23, 2020, 7:51 AM

system you want to run. Deshaun is more elusive, and obviously thrives in a spread option or modified spread option attack.

Trevor can run that system too, obviously. But, his superior arm talent would be best utilized in a Pro Style full on passing offense. This is predicated on having an offensive line that can really pass protect.

We already know that Deshaun is thriving individually at the next level, three straight Pro Bowl selections. Trevor is carrying the dreaded "Can't Miss" label, but will have to prove it.

Overall, I would have to give the nod to Deshaun Watson, by the oh so thinnest of margins. And the difference would be the absolute Will to Win, or Field Generalship, whatever you want to call it.

Trevor's story is largely yet to be written. And, let's remember, he still has two thrilling victories left before he trades in his Paw for a Pro helmet. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's really almost apples and oranges, depends on what

Dec 23, 2020, 3:20 PM

Plus one for, “trades in his Paw for a Pro helmet”. Clever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2020, 3:14 PM

Watson absolutely eviscerated Alabama twice in a national championship game beating them once, and almost twice. Lawrence's first game against Alabama was great but not at the level of either of Watson's games. Last season he was subpar (for him) against LSU. Right now I go Watson but if Lawrence gives us two more lights out games, even if we lose in the end, I may move him to #1.

Dec 23, 2020, 3:19 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2020, 3:32 PM

I'm with the above posters that it's probably neck and neck. Trevor has a chance in the next 2 games to maybe sway some, but it'll always be splitting hairs for me.

Excited to see DJ throughout his career, because of the valuable experience and example he's seen this year. Even though he came in ready-made like Deshaun and Trevor, he had the luxury of learning (despite a couple games). Both Deshaun and Trevor came in and basically started, or at least played huge roles before officially starting, right away. Trevor didn't have overlap with Deshaun the way DJ has had. Excited to see this year's role as mentee pay off for DJ in the next couple years

Both Great, but I give the slight edge to TLaw.....I think

Dec 23, 2020, 5:28 PM

Watson played in many more close games

Dec 23, 2020, 5:56 PM

Clemson wasn’t as dominant in his era as they have been the last few years, so he was in many games that were close in the fourth quarter. Watson was very clutch at the end without question, but it’s not Trevor‘s fault that he hasn’t played in more close games. The only true fourth-quarter game he’s played in was the Ohio State game. And he certainly came through then. Very hard to say which one is better. Clearly, Trevor is going to be drafted higher than Deshaun. And overall Trevor has not turned the ball over as often as Watson. But on the other hand Watson may have had more of a role in building the great Clemson brand.

Dec 23, 2020, 7:00 PM

Lawrence is a better QB.. but Watson is better at putting a team on his back. Like the bama games. Those could have easily went the way LSU did last year, but Watson is a different animal.

DW turned the ball over too much. So edge to TL.***

Dec 23, 2020, 7:35 PM

Dec 23, 2020, 7:39 PM

Love them both so doesn't matter.

Dec 23, 2020, 7:54 PM

My heart says DW4, but my brain says TLaw. My heart has gotten me in trouble many times, so this time I'll stick with my brain.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Dec 23, 2020, 8:07 PM

Trevor and it’s not even close. I’ve been hearing since the kid was in high school he’s a generational quarterback and still today the national pundits are saying the same. No need to get into the details we know what his strengths are. Has anyone seen a stronger arm in the college game? Not in all my years following the sport.

There’s a reason for the past three years he’s been labeled the first pick in the draft. That confirmation will be coming soon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic