Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DONE WITH TNE NFL! American hating pieces
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 117
| visibility 1

DONE WITH TNE NFL! American hating pieces

Sep 24, 2017, 10:44 AM

Of Trash they just signed there death warrant with this crap!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DONE WITH TNE NFL! American hating pieces

Sep 24, 2017, 10:47 AM

what is it this time?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 10:55 AM

Just turn on a sports channel u will see might as well be watching CNN

Sep 24, 2017, 10:58 AM

I see a bunch of snowflakes getting offended, is there something else?

Sep 24, 2017, 11:10 AM

Not offended by their kneeling. My choice to disrespect those that disrespect the American flag. Their choice and my choice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 11:12 AM

they are not disrespecting the flag

Sep 24, 2017, 11:15 AM

To me, they are. If they want to protest, do in the streets like the rest of the unhappy dems.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 11:23 AM

they are going to protest in a venue that bring their movement the most attention. There is no law requiring us to stand for the nation anthem. North Korea has that though.

this is what living in a free society is all about. If you do not like it, turn off your TV.

Sep 24, 2017, 12:04 PM

Then they are a bunch of dumbazz jocks that need to leave our country and go find a country that will tolerate their chit. Take Obama and Whoopi, Krapernick, Richard Sherman, Kobe, and Lebron James with them. Curry is a POS. He can eat chit and die for all I care.

BTW: Curry is the 'ambassador' for Infiniti/Nissan, so please boycott any product that any of these ANTI-AMERICAN a-holes represent.

Balm - I usually tolerate you and your Liberal views since you're a fellow CLEMSON fan, but it sounds like you got hit in the head with a stupid-stick or something. Apparently, none of your forefathers fought for these a-hole's freedom. If that's the case, then I'll just lump you and your Libtard views in with the rest of these ANTI-AMERICAN turds. Personally I am fed up to my eyeballs with these disrespectful, pathetic excuses for humans. I wish they would just go find a country that they can disrespect every day.

The whole idea behind the protest, isn't to make YOU

Sep 24, 2017, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: DONE WITH TNE NFL! American hating pieces ]

happy.

However, I do think if people that are so uncomfortable with a peaceful protest were to just open their ears and minds, and be still for a moment, and listen to what they are doing,....and WHY they are doing it....for just a few seconds try to understand what's happening to others, I believe they might feel differently.

Just as importantly, ALL of these people kneeling have come out and said they have nothing but respect for the military and the great ideals this country is founded on.

Thankfully, one of those ideals is Free Speech.

As they are doing it in a way that is peaceful, and doesn't cause harm to others, I'm okay with it, b/c it's an issue that needs recognition, whether closed minded people, those not impacted, or those who are even okay with it, want to admit it, or not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Re: DONE WITH TNE NFL! American hating pieces ]

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/36/301

Taking it you're not a 1%er!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 12:00 PM

“Should” stand... not must stand

This is low hanging fruit. Trump getting involved is comical.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: DONE WITH TNE NFL! American hating pieces ]

Let him squabble about this to appease and fire up the base selling you some idea that he has the little man's back while he continues deregulation making it easier for the wealthy to gain more without any thought toward middle class.
I don't give a ### about who does what in a personal protest. People who are smitten with Trump because he tweets something they agree with will continue to support him even at the expense of their own well being.

But hell yeah, go Trump.. give me back preexisting conditions! Repeal Frank-Dodd! Continue lining your own pockets by staying amd bringing dignitaries to Mar del Lago.. just keep tweeting what I want to say.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

What'd they do?

Sep 24, 2017, 10:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Sep 24, 2017, 10:57 AM

You got any season tickets I can get ?

On cheap ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 24, 2017, 11:03 AM

I gave up on the NBA after the Jordan era. Had just gotten back into it the last few years (well playoffs only). After the Hollywood mentality coming from league stars I'm done again. The only thing keeping me into the NFL is I'm a Panthers fan and Jerry Richardson will not tolerate this kneeling crap.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

The Jordan era was the birth of the Hollywood mentality

Sep 24, 2017, 11:36 AM

Nm

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pretty sure they screwed the pooch on this one.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:04 AM

The national anthem is sung at sporting events to pay homage to those that fought and sacrificed to preserve freedoms that allow these idiots to express themselves freely. When that expression involves a public desecration of the very symbol of this protection, there's a price to pay. Football is not bigger than America. College football is 10X better than the NFL anyway.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:07 AM

when NFL fans start kneeling this #### is going to get real.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:25 AM

Or a coach and the entire team. That would probably empty a stadium. Maybe we will see that today.

Th entire Steelers team is boycotting coming out...

Sep 24, 2017, 12:13 PM

for the anthem in protest of Trump today.

So packing your picnic lunch & heading to the courthouse...

Sep 24, 2017, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Pretty sure they screwed the pooch on this one. ]

To have lunch under your favorite Confederate memorial?

Sounds like fun ....

Re: So packing your picnic lunch & heading to the courthouse...

Sep 24, 2017, 11:11 AM

well, I just know these guys are not going to be bullied into silence.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:26 AM [ in reply to So packing your picnic lunch & heading to the courthouse... ]

What's wrong with confederate memorials?

Same thing that’s wrong with Nazi memorials

Sep 24, 2017, 11:39 AM

At least Germany had the common sense to ban them.

Re: Same thing that’s wrong with Nazi memorials

Sep 24, 2017, 11:49 AM

They're not. They don't symbolize the same thing at all. Geez

They are participation trophies for the losers.***

Sep 24, 2017, 11:52 AM

Sep 24, 2017, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Re: So packing your picnic lunch & heading to the courthouse... ]

nothing, but in most countries the winners get the memorials.

Sep 24, 2017, 12:11 PM [ in reply to So packing your picnic lunch & heading to the courthouse... ]

Hmmm? I used to do that a lot while working in Memphis. They had a park close by our office, and I'd get my lunch to go, and go sit under the shadows of some very fine soldiers. I enjoyed every day I went there. Sounds like some of you do not appreciate what I do, so you want to tear my world down. And I guess you are okay with that? As long as YOU are happy, then it must be right to destroy my world - right? What a bunch of jerks IMO. Sounds like this country needs an enema.

Sep 24, 2017, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty sure they screwed the pooch on this one. ]

I wish I could give you more than 1 TU. Thanks, but the Libtards won't understand chit. It's why they voted for Crooked Hillary. Some people just don't appreciate FREEDOM.

Sep 24, 2017, 12:13 PM

Calling people "Libtards" for disagreeing with you is pretty juvenile. You've been hanging out in an internet echo chamber for too long.

Believe it or not, people on both sides of the aisle fight and die for this country today, just as they have in days past. We all want America to be great, but we just disagree about what a great America looks like and how we get there.

Sep 24, 2017, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Pretty sure they screwed the pooch on this one. ]

I think you may have accidentally stumbled upon something...we could just stop playing the National Anthem at sporting events...I have never understood why we do this anyway. Maybe trot out a singer or band for big events, but I think playing it at every sporting event just cheapens it IMO.

I was done with the NFL years ago

Sep 24, 2017, 11:04 AM

but for reasons that have nothing to do with whatever it is you are talking about.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#Catholics kneel every Sunday ..... for God. Question....

Sep 24, 2017, 11:05 AM

Do you think College football exist as we know it without NFL prosperity?

Sep 24, 2017, 11:09 AM

Yeah they actually think this is hurting Trump.
He is a smart man and knows what America wants to hear.
He doesn't care either way, he has smart people telling him what to say.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:11 AM

he is doing a wonderful job uniting the country eh?

Sep 24, 2017, 11:12 AM

Yeah, he is trying to unite it, while the left continues to divide it. Check out the left wing rhetoric and tell me I'm wrong. Hard to undo 8 years of division in less than a year with no help from anyone.

Message was edited by: fencebusters®

Sep 24, 2017, 11:14 AM

this sis exactly what I am talking about, he has us pointing the finger at each other and instead of where the blame belongs.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:17 AM

And where does the blame belong. The Russians? Comey? Clinton? Obama? The country was such a wonderful place to live before he took the election. Right? I hate politics. Lol

Sep 24, 2017, 11:22 AM

no, 40 years of failed policy that left us in the mess. pointing the finger at each other serves little good than to insure nothing ever gets done.

^^^^^FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE GETS IT!!!!!^^^^^^

Sep 24, 2017, 11:28 AM

So many people are caught up in a false dichotomy of left versus right. Most people fall someone in between the two on most issues or a mix of the two sides, but are so used to the polarization that they don't realize that both sides are responsible.

You nailed it!

Sep 24, 2017, 11:41 AM

A system CREATED BY BOTH PARTIES are at fault, along wth lobbyist and special interest groups.

Are you eight years old?

Sep 24, 2017, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Re: DONE WITH TNE NFL! American hating pieces ]

Obama was no great shakes as a President but he was FAR BETTER than Bush II who proceeded him and got us in an unending war with no exit strategy, broke a sound economy, and let big oil and big banks run wild at taxpayer expense.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: DONE WITH TNE NFL! American hating pieces ]

He actually is trying to unite us. If you listen to one of his speeches they are punctuated with references to one nation, love, patriotism, strength and compassion. Of course there are also the entertaining attacks on the people who deserve it.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:15 AM [ in reply to Re: DONE WITH TNE NFL! American hating pieces ]

All he did was invite the Warriors to the White House.
You can think Seth Curry for all the racial tensions

Sep 24, 2017, 11:18 AM

that is a pretty warped view of things. trump is the leader of the free world, not seth curry.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:28 AM

I don't really care , if people don't realize in today's America.
All they got to do is live life the right way and more than not things will work out.
You work hard and don't break the law , you can have a great life.
People now that get disrespected, usually bring on themselves.
We can't change nothing in the past , just move forward the right way.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:54 AM

We are all slaves working on a tax farm

Sep 24, 2017, 11:57 AM

^ Classic white person comparing themselves to actual slaves who came here in chains.

Curry is to blame for Trump being an insecure man baby??

Sep 24, 2017, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: DONE WITH TNE NFL! American hating pieces ]

Plenty of Clemson players chose not to go to the WH for the visit just like the majority of Patriots didn't go. Why was it okay for them not to go, but Curry for some reason was supposed to go?

Trump only rescinded the invitation after he found out that Curry didn't want to go. My two year old son is more grown up than our President.

Re: Curry is to blame for Trump being an insecure man baby??

And that's what Trump said you don't have to go if you don't want to.
People will get sick of these rich ball players , crying about everything.
Then will start agreeing with everything Trump says.
You see he is winning the next election as we speak

All Curry did was answer a reporter's question about whether or not he wanted to go to the WH.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Curry is to blame for Trump being an insecure man baby?? ]

The majority of patriots DID go. Just as many as when obama was in office.

Sep 24, 2017, 12:06 PM

You're right. 34 of the 53 players did go compared to 50 of 53 in 2015. The difference in the picture appears to be the large number of non-players that have gone in the past in addition to the players.

*Steph

Sep 24, 2017, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: DONE WITH TNE NFL! American hating pieces ]

Steph Curry

About as well as Barry did....

Sep 24, 2017, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: DONE WITH TNE NFL! American hating pieces ]

Sep 24, 2017, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Re: DONE WITH TNE NFL! American hating pieces ]

Dammmmed Balm - you're just getting dumber by the minute. O-freaking-Bama is the one that effed the entire country with his obvious racist views. He defended everything Black even though it involved those who were breaking the law. He led to the formation of the BLM Terrorist Group that lured innocent and honest and law-abiding police officers into situations and then they murdered those cops in COLD BLOOD.

You have become a dammmed fool. Good grief, and all this time I thought there might be a shred of hope for you.

Funny thing! Police officer deaths are up

Sep 24, 2017, 12:52 PM

20% since TRUMP took office! And before you say this is a liberal biased slant, the source of this is FOX News. And your statement about Obama seems to reflect opinion more than fact.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Re: DONE WITH TNE NFL! American hating pieces ]

They aren't kneeling now for "social injustice" (BS to begin with), they are doing it cause Trump said what everyone is saying and thinking.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:14 AM

Everyone?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2017, 11:16 AM

Yes, everyone with a sense of patriotism. I guess that puts limitations on a some people.

So you are saying " everyone with a sense of patriotism"..

Sep 24, 2017, 12:58 PM

must agree with Trump? Sounds more like a statement by a certain political party that came to power in Germany in 1933 about their Führer than an American citizen in 2017 about their President. You freely criticize Obama yet you wish to deny that right to others about Trump!

Sep 24, 2017, 11:15 AM

I don't watch the NFL until after thanksgiving, when college football has pretty much run it's course.

Heck, I live in Atlanta and didn't even know the Falcons were playoff contenders last season until after we beat the coots.

The actions of a few continues to be damaging...

Sep 24, 2017, 11:19 AM

... to the entire sport.
3 of us bought tickets to see the Raiders play at home before they move to Vegas.
They were $1200 ($400 ea) in The Black Hole.
3 Airline tickets, 1st class at $1100 each.
3 nights at a Napa Valley Vineyard B&B $600 total.
Plus car rental, food, etc... Easily another $300 to $400.

Then Marshawn Lynch sat on the bench and ate instead of standing for the National Anthem during the pre season game against Arizona.

Marshawn exercised his right to make his own choice, and so did we.
We cancelled everything. The associated business's that would have benefited from our trip lost out.
Now it was only about $5500 but that is just a microcosm of what I am certain is happening all around the country.

Re: The actions of a few continues to be damaging...

I guess its not true that no two (or three) snowflakes are alike.

Re: The actions of a few continues to be damaging...

Sep 24, 2017, 8:57 PM

You can shove that snowflake garbage right where the sun don't shine Nancy!

I'm gonna start a thread in the football forum about how mixing politics and sports is a load of CRAP!!!

:/

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

So am I. The fact that they stroll minorities out in front of a bunch of rich white guys who bid on their services, it reminds me of the awful days of legal slave trade.

On top of that, how can i watch a league that doesnt promote diversity. How many trans-black-undocumented head coaches do you see on the sidelines?

Sep 24, 2017, 11:52 AM

Yeah those "minorities" have more net worth than everyone in that stadium except the people in the owners box. Bunch of spoiled brats who would NEVER attempt this on a 35K/yr salary.

Let's see - who is consumed with hatred and and anger?***

Sep 24, 2017, 11:21 AM

They are a dividing force in this country.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:27 AM

If you oppose the rogue behavior of a few player some will say that the problem is you because you are a dividing force when in fact it is the rogue players that are driving the wedge in deeper in this country. Agree, their choice, your choice.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They are a dividing force in this country.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:58 AM

Can't conquer a united states but you can conquer a divided one.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:31 AM

What does this have to do with Clemson Football?

All American citizens have rights to protest and exercise free speech. That's what makes this country great. There were people who felt that protesters should have been silenced during anti-segregation marches and the Vietnam War protests. That they were being "un-American." I think we can safely say that history is on the side of the protesters, and attempts by our president to restrict their rights are part of a broader, disturbing trend toward fascism in his administration (campaign-style rallies, ethnic nationalism, demonizing the free press).

"attempts by our president to restrict their rights"

I missed out on his "attempts". Can you please help out this uninformed person and list specifically what show how he used his presidential powers or others means to restrict their rights? Did he tweet and you didn't like it or what did I miss?

Re: "attempts by our president to restrict their rights"

He's trying to use intimidation to force their employers to fire them because he doesn't like how they're protesting. Do you not see the problem with that? He's the President of the United States, not a reality TV star anymore. I'm not sure he knows the difference. Typically a President doesn't publicly try to influence companies to fire individual employees.

How did he intimidate them?

Sep 24, 2017, 11:45 AM

Be specific so I can learn more and understand. Did he "tweet" and the businesses or other entities feel intimidated, quivered, cried, wet their pants or what. I'm pretty sure I missed out on the intimidation that's been going on as I've been preoccupied lately with hurricane stuff and haven't read or watched much news lately.

Can you give us the 411 on the goon squads, presidential declarations, orders he gave the justice department or the military on cracking down on freedom of speech?

Sep 24, 2017, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Re: DONE WITH TNE NFL! American hating pieces ]

Nothing more American than all those peaceful anti-war protsters spitting on soldiers in airports after vietnam. Makes me want to kneel to the ole stars and bars

Freedom of speech.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:34 AM

Doesn’t get more American than that.

Concise.***

Ok

You wont be the last.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:42 AM

Attendance is way down. 15-20 years tops and it will be done.

If the NFL dies so does Clemson football

Sep 24, 2017, 11:48 AM

at least in anywhere near it's current form. College football cannot exist without the NFL without massive changes.

No chance. ******

Sep 24, 2017, 12:08 PM [ in reply to You wont be the last. ]

I support them completely.

Sep 24, 2017, 11:59 AM

The entire nation should be protesting Trump at this stage. He is an absolute mess. Hopefully Steelers play great today. Even Trump's "friend" and ally Robert Kraft came out against Trump today.

You're with her.

Sep 24, 2017, 12:06 PM

Nm

Who is her?*****

Sep 24, 2017, 12:07 PM

It's possible to be staunchly anti-Hillary

Sep 24, 2017, 12:18 PM [ in reply to You're with her. ]

yet still believe that Trump has been an embarrassment and failed to deliver on his campaign promises.

More disgusted at seeing the president calling players SOB's

Sep 24, 2017, 12:04 PM

on ESPN.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Be informed....

Sep 24, 2017, 12:16 PM

TRUMP at a rally: “Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, say, ‘Get that son of a b---- off the field right now. Out, you’re fired!’ ”

See the difference? Comprehend the difference?

Re: Be informed....

Sep 24, 2017, 12:20 PM

When he isn't tweeting about nuking and killing 30 million people, he is tweeting about NFL players, when he isn't crying and tweeting about the media. The guy is a buffoon. Now the entire Steelers team isn't coming out for the anthem today. Trump is a mess.

I salute them for keeping the antics off the field!

Sep 24, 2017, 12:25 PM

More owners should do this. Are you Trump's number one tweet reader? Suggestion, put down the twitter. This country is a mess and the wedge of division isn't helping.

I am not on twitter.

Sep 24, 2017, 12:37 PM

Hard to ignore the news when our president is talking about nuclear war.

Re: Be informed....

Sep 24, 2017, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Be informed.... ]

He can't kill 30 million people lol. Seoul is 30 miles from the demilitarized zone and he knows this lol. The NFL debacle is a symptom of a much larger effort by the left to divide the country (there are reasons for their motivations). And there is no "media" anymore, like it or not. These "journalists" are no longer content to report news, they believe it's there mission to tell you what to think. If you're lazy with your news gathering today, you will get sucked in. The left controls all daytime television outlets, most evening news sources, the New York Times, Washington Post, all late night comedy, Hollywood, etc. It is a massive propaganda psy-op. You think he's a mess? Think about who told you to think that.

Don't you have one of your nutty websites to be on?

Sep 24, 2017, 12:42 PM

Nobody told me what to think. I am witnessing a buffoon in office. It never ends with him.

Well, then you'll be disappointed to know..

Sep 24, 2017, 1:37 PM

That after the last general election the Democratic Party was all but wiped out. Having only 6 US states with majority democratic legislature, the possibility for a republican constitional convention is now a reality. Can't wait to see this #### hit the fan.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/state-lawmakers-call-national-term-limits-balanced-budget

Sorry for the nutty website but I prefer sourced news rather than "anonymous sources" and "our sources" and 24-7 manufactured Trump hate infomercials referred to as "news".

I am fully informed. But, thank you for your concern.***

Sep 24, 2017, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Be informed.... ]

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

No more or less than players protesting IMO

Sep 24, 2017, 2:13 PM [ in reply to More disgusted at seeing the president calling players SOB's ]

Both equally bad and beneath their respective positions as players and Presidents.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Irony....

Sep 24, 2017, 12:22 PM

Earlier today at the Baltimore - Jacksonville game played in England, some players kneeled when the USA national anthem was played but stood up for the British anthem....LOL, the country that brought slavery to north america gets a standing ovation! You just gotta love the ignorant players.

Re: Irony....

Sep 24, 2017, 12:30 PM

Bingo. Most are just too stupid to realize what they are doing will backfire on them.

Ummm Einstein, why would they kneel for the Brit anthem?

Sep 24, 2017, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Irony.... ]

They are protesting current issues in the USA.

What's current issue in USA that isn't an issue elsewhere?

Sep 24, 2017, 12:50 PM

Or are they only for human rights, et al. only in one place of the world and not others. Seems a bit uncaring and self-serving for the rest of human kind. England must be the perfect place. Maybe they should seek refuge status in England.

Are they killing unarmed civilians in England too??

Sep 24, 2017, 12:53 PM

I hate that this is a race issue, but the police are absolutely killing way too many unarmed people in this country, both black and white alike.

If they are, I highly doubt they are shooting them considering standard police in England do not carry guns.

From what I can tell...black civilians are killing more....

Sep 24, 2017, 1:01 PM

...black civilians than any group including black and white officers. Why isn't anyone protesting that? Why is Trump the only leader threatening to go into Chicago to stock the killing of black civilians by thugs?

Well, we're waiting!

The vast majority of these "black killing by cops" cases reveal that the person killed isn't someone you'd want to be your neighbor. Look at their rap sheet. Killing of innocent and crazy folks by cops it is agreeable that more should be done about it. Recent story, that GT kid that was killed. They should have batoned is #### first but they were too scared of his folded up swiss army knife.

Total logical fallacy

Sep 24, 2017, 1:06 PM

People can be opposed to cops killing unarmed civilians and also be opposed to civilians killing civilians. These two things are not mutually exclusive.

Why are so many people so bound by the idea that every thing has to be either black or white (not in a race way but as opposed to a spectrum of gray)?

Cops are given authority by the citizens to police the community and are given the right to use a gun. They clearly must be held to a higher standard than ordinary citizens.

Also, for the record, you asked what the issue was here that is not an issue in England so I simply pointed it out for you.

What's the American flag have to do with bad cops?

Sep 24, 2017, 1:11 PM

Makes no sense at all. Cops do not work for Trump, US gubermint or the flag. Instead of kneeling for the anthem I think it would be better for them to locate a cop in the stadium and stand in front of them, put their arms up and say "hands up, don't shoot". Much more appropriate symbolism.

Agreed that the protest could be much more appropriate

Sep 24, 2017, 1:16 PM

Even though I wouldn't have done any protest in the way that Kaepernick did, this is the way the situation unfolded for better or worse.

However, even though I would personally choose to stand for the anthem, I fully support the players' right to express themselves however they deem appropriate.

Trump is an embarrassment to decency

Good for the players.

Trump just turned a small thing into a huge thing

Sep 24, 2017, 1:02 PM

So much for trying to unite anyone. I don't want to hear anything about how Trump isn't the one being divisive. He turned a couple dozen dissenters into likely a few hundred because he is such an insecure man baby.

Apparently, the vast majority do not support kneeling.

Sep 24, 2017, 1:04 PM

Therefore it are those who support kneeling that causing the division and will not unite with the what the majority believe....see what I did there?

People have the right to freedom of expression

Sep 24, 2017, 1:08 PM

The President also has this right, but it is so myopic and petty for him to get involved in this issue. He is clearly trying to rile up his base while alienating his opponents.

Players that are protesting are not doing so for the express purpose of causing division unlike Trump.

Yes, players are hammering the wedge deeper.

Sep 24, 2017, 1:13 PM

They are a part of the divisiveness problem in the country that the left just LOVES. Like you said, Trump is free to express himself so maybe people who don't like it should ignore it and turn off MSNBC and put down the NY Times so they don't have to be offended by it. Just like many choose to ignore NFL and spend their day doing something more appropriate.

When the President does something like he did

Sep 24, 2017, 1:19 PM

it is a much more newsworthy than something that is only carried by MSNBC. Virtually all of the news outlets, both left and right, have covered this for the past two days.

Just like I hold police to a higher standard when using their guns, I hold the President to a higher standard as well.

You really don't think Trump is divisive? Odd******

Sep 24, 2017, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Yes, players are hammering the wedge deeper. ]

well, he IS a Russian Nazi

Sep 24, 2017, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Trump is an embarrassment to decency ]

doing the best he can.

Re: well, he IS a Russian Nazi

Sep 24, 2017, 1:13 PM

Yeah, we apparently went from having a left-winged Fascist Communist Nazi in Obama to a right-winged Russian Nazi in Trump, at least according to what I've read on the interwebs.

Sep 24, 2017, 1:11 PM

I choose to stand for the Anthem...but good for the players. I fully support their right to protest.

Well...

Sep 24, 2017, 1:18 PM

Bye.

I was never an NFL fan. Never will be either.

Sep 24, 2017, 2:12 PM

There's a reason for that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 117
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic