Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DLine Next year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

DLine Next year

Jan 16, 2020, 9:17 AM

I think due to our personnel next year we go back to a 4-3 rather than a 3-4. Then have Justin Foster, Tyler Davis, Bryan Bresee, Xavier Thomas. Davis and Bresee will shut down the inside and force double teams which will let XT and Foster eat. You heard it hear first...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DLine Next year

Jan 16, 2020, 9:24 AM

I think we go to a 4-3 and that next year our DL is a strength.

Jan 16, 2020, 9:25 AM

Agree with the starters. Also going to get fresh rotations with Henry, Murphy, Mascoll, Capehart, etc. Should look quite different than from this year. The dominance should return

Jan 16, 2020, 3:17 PM

Just leaving Pinkney out like that...smh

Tiger_TS said:

I think due to our personnel next year we go back to a 4-3 rather than a 3-4. Then have Justin Foster, Tyler Davis, Bryan Bresee, Xavier Thomas. Davis and Bresee will shut down the inside and force double teams which will let XT and Foster eat. You heard it hear first...

Capehart, Williams, Henry and Mascoll are all in the mix also. The dline will be a strength but have to get experience early. The LB's will benefit from Skalski being back and the PT that Spector, Jones, Venables all got. We will be more athletic on the back end but it will take time. AJ probably needs another year but if he leaves we have depth, DK will get better and better, he is a lock down corner and then we have unknowns.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would be nice.

Jan 16, 2020, 9:26 AM

Not entirely sure XT starts next year if he doesn't show a second move as a rusher and improvement in run defense. He still seems to me to be a third down speed rusher more than an every down DE. Just my opinion, however.

Jan 16, 2020, 11:30 AM

Probably the most accurate assessment of XT. Seems that if he doesn't win off the ball and get around the edge, then he just get stuck fighting. I don't think he trusts he power because he used that a lot at the camps when he was in high school. A second and maybe even a third move would make him very hard to deal with.

Jan 16, 2020, 11:11 AM

Don't forget about Tank and Williams in the middle as well. The DL will be deep and the strength of the defense. There gonna be really good at all levels.

Jan 16, 2020, 11:26 AM

I think that you may be onto something there, so what is the opinion of the OL next season? Most all were Freshman and Sophomore this season, with Carman being a 5*, Bockhorst 4*, Putnam high 4*, Rayburn 4*, Williams 4*, Vinson 4/3*, McFadden 3*, Boateng high 3*. Then we will have the signees coming in with highly recruited Mitchell Mayes mid 4*, Walker Parks 4*, Paul Tchio 4*, Bryn Tucker 4*, John Williams 4* but will RS for sure, and then there is 3* Trent Howard another for sure RS ... My opinion is that Trevor better start practicing with the track team, bc he will be running and scrambling a lot next season :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2020, 1:30 PM

The coaching staff has show they love to rotate and cross-train. The left side starters we know are gonna be Carman LT, Bockhorst LG. I think from this years rotation we can expect McFadden to start at RT, Vinson played, so we may see him at RG or center. It's going to be a real fluid situation. Most of these incoming guys are highly thought of, so I would think that 2 or 3 will be physically ready for immediate impact.

Jan 16, 2020, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Re: DLine Next year ]

I think we see carman, bockhorst, Stewart, putnam, and McFadden. Left side will be fine bc Carman is a beast and Bockhorst is underrated. Stewart starts bc he’ll be a RS Senior & dabo values that. Right side will be young and we may see some struggle. Our backups are deep just like the DLine. we’ll see a mix of Rayburn, Parks, Mayes, Tchio, Vinson. They’ll be practicing against the beasts on the DLine, it’ll all be good.

Jan 16, 2020, 12:16 PM

I was not impress with X . Thomas thus year. I hope he can turn it around and be the 5* player that he can be.

Jan 16, 2020, 1:11 PM

X didn't have the season many expected, but in fairness to him the scheme changed for the benefit of the team. Coach V fully expected the back end to be the strength and that played a part in his stats. Being young in the middle or shall I say not as dominant in the middle as the previous year changed things as well. Watching him this year as opposed to last their was growth, he is more discipline now than last. The play at UNC on the 2 point conversion, last year he bites inside, this year he forced Howell wide that gave others time to react. The DL will change next year, his stat line will improve. Just my $.02.

Jan 16, 2020, 1:22 PM

Pinkney should be back in the middle too

Jan 16, 2020, 5:40 PM

Anyone seeing X maybe slim down some and move OLB/DE hybrid and rush and cover the flats. I think he has the speed to do so.

Jan 16, 2020, 5:44 PM

Unfortunately, I believe he plays with his hand on the ground. The young man is simply made for a 4-3 scheme, my two cents...

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic