Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DJU, The Ugly and the Bad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 3,432

DJU, The Ugly and the Bad

Nov 1, 2020, 2:56 PM

But first the ugly and the bad. The mix-up on the attempted two-point conversion was just plain ugly. There is just no other way to describe it. It cost us two time outs and we still didn't make it. The fumble at the goal line was bad, a costly mistake that put added pressure on our team. As quick as a flash we saw our team attempting to tie the game and quickly see a 14 point difference. I believe those two plays, the ugly and the bad, will receive attention this week and we will never see this again.

And now for the good. We saw adjustments in the second half by our staff that limited BC's offense to 66 yards. Let me repeat that---BC had 66 yards of offense in the second half. Part of that was due to adjustments and I credit our defense for stepping up to the plate. I was happy to see improvement in the play of some of our younger players. This bodes well for the future, both short term and long term. With injuries to several of our starters we needed to see some of our younger players accept the challenge to make a difference.

DJU. What more could be said about his performance. Most of the questions we fans were harboring were answered yesterday. We knew he had the potential to be a great QB but in limited playing time and most of his playing time being in mop-up duty, we really had no opportunity to assess his performance under fire. Furthermore, he had a number of reserves in the game when he was at QB. A first time starter will naturally cause some concerns among the fans.

Just imagine all the thoughts that were probably running through his mind after he learned he would be the starter. Naturally, there was no doubt that he wanted to win. He did not want to let down the coaching staff, the players and the fans. He knew all eyes would be on him, even the millions of viewers watching the game on national TV. That's a lot of pressure on a freshman QB in his first game as a starter and with limited game time experience.

What I saw was a young man with confidence in his own abilities, plus a supporting cast ready to give it their all for a Tiger victory. It was a performance worthy of praise from anyone with just a smidgen of football knowledge. Indeed, the future of Clemson football looks bright into the future with DJU at he QB position.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DJU, The Ugly and the Bad

Nov 1, 2020, 2:58 PM

Ditto Joe! Wisdom always rises to the top!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2020, 3:34 PM

You nailed it!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2020, 4:16 PM

Good points, Joe. I am reminded of Trever’s first game, at TA&M I believe, when all the commentators were speculating about how the “large” crowd might fluster him. He just went out there and drove downfield for a TD.
That silenced the talking heads.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2020, 4:24 PM

Yes, Joe, yes! The pressure he must have felt would have been off the charts. So proud of him and the rest of the team for never giving up. I believe the the entire team truly lives the "next man up" philosophy. Enjoy this beautiful Sunday!

Nov 1, 2020, 4:36 PM

Once again Joe is spot on. I always enjoy all of his posts. Unless we have more injury/covid distractions this week I actually feel better about this game than I did against BC. We are only a single digit favorite so no one and I mean no one is expecting a blowout and that was not the case with the last few games that we did not play to standards.

Also, Bad

Nov 1, 2020, 4:41 PM

Was his throws to the left when he was in the pocket. At least 3 sailed on him iver the receiver. The good is that it will be corrected.

Replies: 6
| visibility 3,432
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic