Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cycling out?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Cycling out?

Jan 2, 2021, 1:48 PM

No, but we definitely saw a cycle of talent leave in 2018. Brent Venables is a mastermind. If you look at the defenses we fielded the last 2 years, the statistics were just like 2015-2018. However, once we get to the playoffs and play elite teams, we miss our “dudes”. Christian, Dexter, Clelin, Austin Bryant, Shaq Lawson, Carlos Watkins, Isaiah Simmons.... those guys are NFL players that overlapped is each other.

Justin Foster, Xavier Thomas, KJ Henry, and Mascoll just didn’t end up being those guys (for various reasons, and it’s not coaching). Our 3* players are fine (we had those guys in 2016 and 2018), but they were the supporting cast for our elite players, not the stars of the defense like they are now. I was mad at Derion Kendrick last night, but put him at corner in 2018 and I bet he looks like Trayvon Mullen.

The O-line has always been an issue, and this was a down year. The good news that we all know is that our talent is finally improving on the O-line. We won championships with a serviceable o-line, but the stars had to align (Elite skill players and all world talents on the D-line).

It’s disappointing to send Trevor and Travis out like this, but as Dabo says, “The Best is Yet to Come”.

2020-2021 recruiting looks great. Myles, Bryan, Trenton, and Malcolm look the part of the aforementioned dudes from 2018. We’ll have upper classmen in Andrew Booth, Tyler Davis, and others. Couple that with a deeper and more talented offensive line and DJ; we have a team that can compete. I love our culture, our fans, our players, and our coach. If Dabo wants to make a change: coaching staff, recruiting targets, or transfer policy, I support him, but I also support him if we stay true to ourselves.

It’s hard to win a championship, and it’s even harder to do it repeatedly. A slice of humble pie is tough to swallow, but we have the pieces to serve that right back to the Buckeyes in the future.

Go Tigers and let’s give the basketball team the support they deserve!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cycling out?

Jan 2, 2021, 1:53 PM

Is that you Todd Ellis?

Jan 2, 2021, 2:02 PM

We have to remember this is also an off year. Even Bama didn’t look super focused yesterday on offense but that might be because of Sark.

The biggest problem I see is having difficulty gauging our talent vs OOC opponents like OSU or Bama. I don’t like waiting til the postseason to find out, like we did last night. But we just can’t be challenged by anyone in our conference right now, especially this year too.

TD me all you want but it’s true. I wouldn’t mind if we scheduled a decent / good SEC opponent each year. I mean, if LSU / Auburn / MSU etc. have to play Bama every year, why couldn’t we?

We have 2 SEC teams on schedule each year

Jan 2, 2021, 2:45 PM

Moving forward. Plus UNC is coming and will challenge for conference. Everything cycles.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 2:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Cycling out? ]

Opening against a great UGa team in September . That will be a big litmus test for our team from the gitgo .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic